Broke Somalia?

Reborn
SOURCE:

Last week the Ministry of Finance uploaded the 1st quarter of 2021 Financial reports and it's bad :dead:
Domestic revenue was only $51,950,123 which is a decrease from $59,237,797 from the same period last year.
The federal state of "Somaliland" raised $64,640,419 in the 1st quarter of this year :mjlol:

What's more worrying is actually the figure on Multilateral funds from the international community.
The government was expecting $380,800,483 from the international community but have only received $24,970,460.
I wonder how many thousands of people have been directly impacted due to the withholding of funds because of the circus in Villa Somalia :damnmusic:

I tried to find news reports on the analysis of these sort of financial reports as any functioning nation would have its journalists or academics write reports on this but instead all I see is stuff like this

Cerberus

I started my own security company Cerberus.
VIP
SOURCE:

Last week the Ministry of Finance uploaded the 1st quarter of 2021 Financial reports and it's bad :dead:
Domestic revenue was only $51,950,123 which is a decrease from $59,237,797 from the same period last year.
The federal state of "Somaliland" raised $64,640,419 in the 1st quarter of this year:mjlol:

What's more worrying is actually the figure on Multilateral funds from the international community.
The government was expecting $380,800,483 from the international community but have only received $24,970,460.
I wonder how many thousands of people have been directly impacted due to the withholding of funds because of the circus in Villa Somalia:damnmusic:

I tried to find news reports on the analysis of these sort of financial reports as any functioning nation would have its journalists or academics write reports on this but instead all I see is stuff like this

Shoot reminds me of time I sent nus dollar in EVC to a broke traffic policeman and I did it so he didn't shoot for refusing or take me to jail lol 😂

Caaro

I do something called "what I want"
2021 GRANDMASTER
VIP
I scrunched the numbers and here’s something I found funny.

They were estimating a revenue of $680,511,575 with 60% of it coming from external grants ($410,800,483 to be precise) and making 40% of it —$269,711,093– as domestic revenue.

What ACTUALLY happened was they got a total revenue of $76,920,583 (a variance of more than $600 million lmao) to make matters worse they didn’t get grants doubling their domestic revenue but in fact got half of their domestic revenue!

so their total revenue was comprised of 68% domestic revenue ($51,950,123) and 32% external grants, a measly $24,970,460.

Their estimates were COMPLETELY off. So how did they cope with that you may ask? Well let’s see.

Their difference in estimated revenue and actual revenue was 89% mind you. So on average you’d expect ~85-95% cuts on expenditure on each section.

Let’s dig in now. To start off, social benefits expenditure was estimated at $60.7 million (a whopping 9% of their estimated revenue), here’s their actual expenditure on social benefits:

That’s it, $0. They thought they had more pressing matters to pay for to make up for their underperformance. Let’s see what got less than 89% cut since now they have the extra money they would have spent on social benefits.

Use of goods and Services was cut by 92% from $181.88 mill estimate to $13 mill actual. So it’s near 89% but still a little over.

Let’s see “Compensation of employees”

The only cut that by 78%. They were estimating on spending a quarter of a trillion dollars on their government employees. Which wasn’t so bad because it would “only” be 37% of their estimated total revenue. Now, they spent $56 mill on their employees out of their total $76.9 mill revenue. A whole 72% of their revenue went to the employees, a jump from the planned 37% all to make up for the money they WOULD have gotten!!!!

Even if it means spending 3 quarters of your revenue on employees, I guess the government employees must get their money huh. :kanyehmm:

Last edited:
SOURCE:

The federal state of "Somaliland" raised $64,640,419 in the 1st quarter of this year:mjlol:

I wonder how many thousands of people have been directly impacted due to the withholding of funds because of the circus in Villa Somalia:damnmusic:

That account of Liela Siyad girl is actually not girl. It is probably an Amhara guy that knows Somali. I have been following him for 3 mouths now. A lot of NN bots are not Somali.

Periplus

It is what it is
VIP
World Bank released its economic update on Somalia four days ago.

Bernie Madoff

Afhayeenka SL
VIP
That account of Liela Siyad girl is actually not girl. It is probably an Amhara guy that knows Somali. I have been following him for 3 mouths now. A lot of NN bots are not Somali.
How did you come to that conclusion?
I heard they mostly from Kenya and other diasporas

How did you come to that conclusion?
I heard they mostly from Kenya and other diasporas
There definitely Somali, no foreigner other then some NGOs gives a shit what goes on let alone make a Twitter on Somali affairs.

Leila character probably a male but a Somali one.

Reborn
I scrunched the numbers and here’s something I found funny.

They were estimating a revenue of $680,511,575 with 60% of it coming from external grants ($410,800,483 to be precise) and making 40% of it —$269,711,093– as domestic revenue.

What ACTUALLY happened was they got a total revenue of $76,920,583 (a variance of more than $600 million lmao) to make matters worse they didn’t get grants doubling their domestic revenue but in fact got half of their domestic revenue!

so their total revenue was comprised of 68% domestic revenue ($51,950,123) and 32% external grants, a measly $24,970,460.

Their estimates were COMPLETELY off. So how did they cope with that you may ask? Well let’s see.

Their difference in estimated revenue and actual revenue was 89% mind you. So on average you’d expect ~85-95% cuts on expenditure on each section.

Let’s dig in now. To start off, social benefits expenditure was estimated at $60.7 million (a whopping 9% of their estimated revenue), here’s their actual expenditure on social benefits:

That’s it, $0. They thought they had more pressing matters to pay for to make up for their underperformance. Let’s see what got less than 89% cut since now they have the extra money they would have spent on social benefits.

Use of goods and Services was cut by 92% from $181.88 mill estimate to $13 mill actual. So it’s near 89% but still a little over.

Let’s see “Compensation of employees”

The only cut that by 78%. They were estimating on spending a quarter of a trillion dollars on their government employees. Which wasn’t so bad because it would “only” be 37% of their estimated total revenue. Now, they spent $56 mill on their employees out of their total $76.9 mill revenue. A whole 72% of their revenue went to the employees, a jump from the planned 37% all to make up for the money they WOULD have gotten!!!!

Even if it means spending 3 quarters of your revenue on employees, I guess the government employees must get their money huh. :kanyehmm:

Thanks for the further analysis.
I'll try find some papers during HSM term as I know for a fact they were less dependent on international community funding back then.

Thanks for the further analysis.
I'll try find some papers during HSM term as I know for a fact they were less dependent on international community funding back then.
Find that pls, I’m interested to have a look at it.