British Somali teachers is REFUSED a working visa to UAE due to her ethnicity

Hue_Man

(Alkebulan mother of mankind)
Even before Farmajo presidency they still were discriminating Somalis treating the Somali passport as a toilet paper. Turks live in UAE, their celebrities taking over the food industry, their citizens travel to Turkey all the time, why are Somalis disliked so much? Somalis are seen as useless ppl from a failed state that’s all. We don’t have a good image.

I see. I don’t even like the uae. Qatar is the leader of all those camel herders. Qatar and the Omani and Kuwaiti peeps the rest rub off weird on me.

we Somalis have a bad image cus it’s not in our dna to integrate in foreign cultures. We gotta fix our country ASAP or our minds will eventually break.

It has everything to do with Palestine. After they bowed down to Israel, they also halted visas to mostly Muslim countries. No doubt to attract more Israelis to UAE. How pathetic.

The reason the above case is interesting is because she is a British citizen born and raised in London. Despite that, they said they wont accept her because she is Somali.

Lol why she’s crying? Really....seriously over a blood job?!? I’m crying nonstop kullaha. Lol she should look at it as blessing in disguise, who wants to work for those racist arse jahil Arabs!?! There’s a reason why we don’t like them much.
Definitely a blessing. I cant understand her overreaction either... crying nonstop? What?

Bernie Madoff

Afhayeenka SL
VIP
I think she’s capping tbh. Knowing uae since I live there they don’t treat you based off ur ethnicity more based off what passport ur holding. If you got western passport ur treated good there. It baffles me cause tons of British Somalis move to the khaleej for jobs no problem. She probably just salty that she got rejected for a job. Nothing to do with being Somali or supporting Palestinians which is even more ridiculous

I think she’s capping tbh. Knowing uae since I live there they don’t treat you based off ur ethnicity more based off what passport ur holding. If you got western passport ur treated good there. It baffles me cause tons of British Somalis move to the khaleej for jobs no problem. She probably just salty that she got rejected for a job. Nothing to do with being Somali or supporting Palestinians which is even more ridiculous
Ngl she got a visa from the uae she applied for a job didn’t get it is now complaining it’s bc Somalia is supporting Palestine its lowkey funny but hey what do I know 😂

From the tone of the email and the location of the school, I get the impression it was one of those lower end schools run by foreigners (Indians) who are notorious for discriminating based on ethnicity. American School of Dubai or the other first rate British and Canadian schools would never behave this way.

Either way, I believe running to Twitter to air out grievances isn’t the right thing to do. Also, I think there’s some information missing and she wanted to gain sympathy and support. In short, I’m not buying what she’s selling. UAE doesn’t care about your ethnicity, just about what passport you carry.

Sadly this relates to N&N politics, throughout history UAE have somewhat been an ally to Somalia/Somalis, they continued to recognise our passports, donated millions to our country, allowed our students scholarships, unfortunately the somali government allied with Qatar who have contributed nothing to somalis/somalia and have actually killed Somalis within Somalia.

on that note I hope being from Puntland makes a difference when seeking personal gains from the UAE :farole:

Muzaffer

𝕮𝖔𝖒𝖗𝖆𝖉𝖊 𝕲𝖊𝖓𝖊𝖗𝖆𝖑
working in UAE is wrong in the first place because UAE is our enemy

Why not include Ethiopia as well then?
Maybe because there are not many Somalis from galbeed applying for visas to the UAE. In the case of Kenya, there are a lot of Somalis from Kenya traveling to the middle East or trying to relocate there. Remember Kenya has always been the immigration hub for most Somali business people. I am sure a large proportion of Somalis seeking UAE Visas hold a Kenyan passport.

Shimbiris

بىَر غىَل إيؤ عآنؤ لؤ
VIP
Weird. I'm a Somali with a Somali passport here in the UAE where I was born and raised and they've always given preference to Somalis with British passports. One of my cousins just recently came here to escape the UK for a while and she's just visiting. No problems. Same goes for an aunt of mine and, even more importantly, an uncle of mine who was born in Somalia but who has a British passport is a business partner of mine out of the Sharjah Airport Free Zone and they totally give him preference over my pops and I who have Somali passports and recently issued him a visa and everything real easy. They mostly just stonewall and trouble Somali passport holders like me but never people who hold western passports. Strange story. Never heard of such a case.

The whole news doesn't make sense. There must be some other reason. I know quite a few Somalis who are British citizens and they work in the UAE in many professions.

There must be another reason.

Strange, my relative was allowed to work there as a software developer and never faced any sort of rejection due to him being Somali

It’s a good thing. Most of these ethnic women can’t compete with whites here in the West therefore take the easy way out in the Middle East. Thank God those doors are being closed now. I know two relatives who failed to get full time posts with the TDSB but chose to go to the Middle East because they can’t compete with cadaan.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

or maybe they just want to live in a Muslim country.

It’s a good thing. Most of these ethnic women can’t compete with whites here in the West therefore take the easy way out in the Middle East. Thank God those doors are being closed now. I know two relatives who failed to get full time posts with the TDSB but chose to go to the Middle East because they can’t compete with cadaan.
You just need a bachelor’s degree to teach in the Middle East. You need to go to teachers college to work at a school board.

Trending

Latest posts