British hospitality firm in Mogadishu

Status
Not open for further replies.
British hospitality firm in Mogadishu says in an advert " At times, you don't think you are in Somalia" where is the minister of labour? What they are saying in this video is so true, Mogadishu became non Somali capital, the hotels and work places are full of foreigners while 40% of country population are facing food shortages.

Welcome to Mogadishu without Somalis everybody in hotel is Kenyan & Ugandan. The company do not pay tax or hire Somalis even the land was given away by government. The investor is British and workers are Kenyans.

LittleNileRiver

Keepin Southies in check since 1998
Gotta admit, I'm impressed with this village.
The British government might as well make Banadir into a British overseas territory like Gibraltar, or former colony Hong Kong. They'll Make Muqdisho Great Again!

Gotta admit, I'm impressed with this village.
The British government might as well make Banadir into a British overseas territory like Gibraltar, or former colony Hong Kong. They'll Make Muqdisho Great Again!

But it would not be for you, you would not be able to work or even visit it. Mogadishu without Somalis. That is point of the firm. The new apartheid system in Mogadishu.

waraabe

Your superior
Reer Mogadishu this is a good thing. It means international firms are coming back to Mogadishu as their confidence increases. This will mean the growth of Mogadishu and somalias economy. @Mckenzie as a mogadishian what do u think

LittleNileRiver

Keepin Southies in check since 1998
But it would not be for you, you would not be able to work or even visit it. Mogadishu without Somalis. That is point of the firm. The new apartheid system in Mogadishu.
Garowe is my capital.
Southies don't deserve to rule the former Pearl of the Indian Ocean. If Banadir were British territory, Southies will get security, health care, education and, British passport.

Reign

Pro Women's Rights|Centrist
VIP
Obviously they're not going to hire Somalis. Mofos will blow themselves up. You don't know who's al Shabab or not.

Mercury

Ha igu daalinee dantaada raac
VIP
Welcome to Mogadishu without Somalis everybody in hotel is Kenyan & Ugandan. The company do not pay tax or hire Somalis even the land was given away by government. The investor is British and workers are Kenyans.

they sound australian

Anyway white privilege at its finest If a somali guy wanted land I bet he would have to pay up

Duchess

HRH Duchess of Puntland, The Viscount of Garoowe
VIP
Are all Somalis banned from this village? Even those of us with Western passports?:tocry:

Obviously they're not going to hire Somalis. Mofos will blow themselves up. You don't know who's al Shabab or not.

There are security measurements (metal detectors ......) and if they fear for their life than leave nobody is forcing them to set business in Somalia. It is matter of dignity for Somalis hotel that would not hire them or let them in. even during colonial time something like that never happened :francis:

they sound australian

Anyway white privilege at its finest If a somali guy wanted land I bet he would have to pay up

White privilege in their countries not in our country, we are not southAfrica even in the colonial time the British and Italian could not do something like !!!

Duchess

VIP
Let's be honest here: if I were to ever visit Mogadishu, I would rather stay in this village behind the AMISOM wall than risk my life in SYL or Muna hotel. :francis:

Duchess

VIP
Yes, they said " you would not feel that you are in Somalia "

Thankfully my passport doesn't list Somalia as my birthplace and I can pass for a non-Somali so I will do just that. Chelsea village here I come. :lawd:

Duchess

VIP
I have relatives living there and they are ok.

They are the exception, not the rule. I don't want to become another statistic in the city of death. Let's keep it 100, the reason this village exists is because there's a need for it. Even the Hutu Princess @Reign wants to be on their side of the wall. :kanyeshrug:

Mckenzie

We star in movies NASA pay to watch
VIP
Reer Mogadishu this is a good thing. It means international firms are coming back to Mogadishu as their confidence increases. This will mean the growth of Mogadishu and somalias economy. @Mckenzie as a mogadishian what do u think

Though everyone is right that this feels aparthied-esque, any tourist publicity is good publicity, even if we Somalis can't be a part of that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending