Britain's first "Covid" child victim

Arkan

Allahayow ada boqoree beesha nabadee
This Somali child, Ismail Mohamed Abdulwahab (AUN) became a victim of medical negligence in the first lockdown in the UK on March 2020. DailyMail reports 3 years on.

A misplaced breathing tube contributed to the death of the UK's first known child victim of coronavirus, a coroner has ruled. Ismail Mohamed Abdulwahab, of Brixton, south-west London, died of acute respiratory distress syndrome, caused by Covid pneumonia, in the early hours of March 30, 2020. The 13-year-old had a cardiac arrest before he died, three days after testing positive.

Hours before his death, an endotracheal tube (ET) used to help patients breathe was found to be in the wrong position and a consultant in paediatric intensive care decided to leave it and monitor him. The teenager did not survive the night.

Senior coroner Andrew Harris said: 'I am satisfied that he would not have died when he did were it not for the tube misplacement.'

He said the tube becoming displaced was 'the trigger' that led to Ismail's 'unexpected' cardiac arrest.

And his family couldn't even be by his side during the 3 days in the hospital and couldn't even attend his Janazah! This must've been painful to endure, SubhanAllah.
Ismail's family were not able to be with him when he died in King's College Hospital and were unable to attend his funeral because they were self-isolating after some of his siblings experienced Covid symptoms.

Shaygoosh

Dadkaan ahay waa Duriyad Saare iyo Dawolad! 👑
Subhanallah! Ilaahay Jana haka waraabiyo! That sort of lonely death, I wouldn’t wish that on my worst enemy.

Trending