Brendon Sanderson is overrated

Ibrahim hassan

Esteemed Excellency
His books have very good world building interesting magic systems and all but Thier characters suck donkey balls. He probably doesn't get that the characters are the wheels to the story and make them generic as hell.

Shimbiris

بىَر غىَل إيؤ عآنؤ لؤ
VIP
His books have very good world building interesting magic systems and all but Thier characters suck donkey balls. He probably doesn't get that the characters are the wheels to the story and make them generic as hell.

Haven't read his work but as much as I love world-building, writers like Robin Hobb and Mark Lawrence really make you appreciate how little world-building truly matters with beautifully written characters. They make the world come alive even more just by being as real and well-written as they are. But how bad is it with Sanderson, abowe? Like are the characters just plain wooden and lame or not as good as with other authors who are a lot to live up to?

Ibrahim hassan

Esteemed Excellency
Haven't read his work but as much as I love world-building, writers like Robin Hobb and Mark Lawrence really make you appreciate how little world-building truly matters with beautifully written characters. They make the world come alive even more just by being as real and well-written as they are. But how bad is it with Sanderson, abowe? Like are the characters just plain wooden and lame or not as good as with other authors who are a lot to live up to?
Seen worse, but alot of lost potential.

Robin hobb and Mark Lawrence are much better imo with Sanderson you can read 100s of pages with nothing happening. He focus primarily on the world which gets boring after awhile, character driven stories are superior.

Trending