Breaking: Somalia recognises Israel

Could their also be a possible rift forming between the President and Prime Minister since the latter came out heavily endorsing and praising Hamas???

mohammdov

Hansare Iyo baarsare
Could their also be a possible rift forming between the President and Prime Minister since the latter came out heavily endorsing and praising Hamas???
Yes, and it seems that the Prime Minister will change after several months

This is a PR failure and nightmare both at home and abroad for us. I can already envision how Al Shabab will eat this up and use it as a propaganda tool to galvanize their base.

Yaraye

VIP
Growl Growling GIF by Steve Harvey TV

Gacmeey

Madaxweynaha Qurbo Joogta 🇸🇴
Nah we need context
Maybe he means Israel exists as in its not some kind of fantasy. I wouldn’t be surprised if a Somali politician made that kind of blunder after all these are some of the worst politicians to exist ever.

Last edited:
Firstly, we need a clip of the entire interview for context. Secondly, he could simply have meant that he acknowledges there’s an entity called ‘Israel’, but that doesn’t equate to wanting relations with that entity.

People need to use their brains and stop pushing an agenda when there’s no concrete evidence that he wants to establish relations with the Zionists.

Last edited:
Only thing we regret is not recognising them sooner!
Whether or not We recognized Isreal sooner rather than later is besides the point. Lets just agree that it was the wrong time to come out with that declaration in the political atmosphere we are in. This is not his first redeo as the President of Somalia. Whatever Politcal sway we had Internationally has went down the drain let alone the ricchochet effect it can have on us back home.

somalia always has been plagued with disasters is leadership since barre. This really isn’t anything new
They need to bring back the Foreign Ministry
Firstly, we need a clip of the entire interview for context. Secondly, he could simply have meant that he acknowledges there’s an entity called ‘Israel’, but that doesn’t equate to wanting relations with that entity.

People need to use their brains and stop pushing an agenda when there’s no concrete evidence that he wants to establish relations with the Zionists.
What are your missing here??? He says " WE do recognize and WE accept Isreal as a State". What more evidence do you need??? By "We" he is referring to the Somali Nation

They need to bring back the Foreign Ministry

What are your missing here??? He says " WE do recognize and WE accept Isreal as a State". What more evidence do you need??? By "We" he is referring to the Somali Nation
Acknowledging its existence[We’re not in a fantasy world] & wanting relations with them are two different things.

From what I’ve gathered, this notion that Somalia has “recognised” Israel is false, since within the conventional/popular meaning of “recognising Israel”, a country would need to normalise/establish relations with them. So far, Somalia has not done so.

Last edited:
Acknowledging its existence[We’re not in a fantasy world] & wanting relations with them are two different things.

From what I’ve gathered, this notion that Somalia has “recognised” Israel is false, since within the conventional/popular meaning of “recognising Israel”, a country would need to normalise/establish relations with them. So far, Somalia has not done so.
Since he has uttered those words, whats stopping him from establishing diplomatic relations with them at this point??? I mean why put yourself through so much heat and antagonize a large majority of your population for sake of just "Acknowledging its existence. Its like throwing yourself into the fire to inflict self wounds on yourself for no gain. Besides he can't take those words back now.

Since he has uttered those words, whats stopping him from establishing diplomatic relations with them at this point??? I mean why put yourself through so much heat and antagonize a large majority of your population for sake of just "Acknowledging its existence. Its like throwing yourself into the fire to inflict self wounds on yourself for no gain. Besides he can't take those words back now.

By your assessment we should recognize Taiwan as well since we don't leave in a fantasy world

reer

VIP
This goes against status quo and Somalia’s official policy. It could be a soft launching into an official recognition, which may happen at anytime now he’s voiced his political position :icon e confused:
culusow is paid by uae so therefore it is not surprising to see this. it is not surprising for the fgs to recognize the occupiers. somalia is a banana republic fadlan lacag ku shubo country. unfortunately naive indho la' people believe it would send shockwaves. no. his supporters like @GemState will sing birmade hassan sheikh.

Trending

Latest posts