Breaking News! The House votes along party lines to move forward with removing Rep. Ilhan Omar (D-MN) from the Foreign Affairs Committee!

Yaraye

VIP
If she goes, we’re f***ed. she’s the only Somali rep we got. We need to start electing Somali politicians. It’s been 4 yrs since she’s been in. How in the world do we not have a 2nd?!:mindblown::faysalwtf:

Republicans are something else.

They talk about *Free speech* and freedom from the government, but then do things like this:

A well known republican state banned boycotting Israel.
Republicans are deep in the pockets of rich Jews, ofc they would target Ilhan. It's killing two birds with one stone, on one hand they please their islamophobic/racist base, on the other, they please their jewish funders.

If she goes, we’re f***ed. she’s the only Somali rep we got. We need to start electing Somali politicians. It’s been 4 yrs since she’s been in. How in the world do we not have a 2nd?!:mindblown::faysalwtf:

We need to vote in a neutral canidate, by neutral I mean a moderate democrat. Although I am extremely proggressive (economically) and was a Sanders fan I dont think the Somali community needs a progressive like AOC/Ilhan were...

Just a moderate who is still powerful enough to influence America's policy towards Somalia w/o making every republican/right wingers hate us... food for thought 🤷‍♂️

Aurelian

Forza Somalia!
VIP
This is so true lol also Arabs always attack her so not sure why she wants to stick up for these people!
Arabs who are aligned with Israel. She criticised MBS for his brutal rule on Saudia and his crimes inYemen. Critised Israel best friend of MBS and MBZ the leader of UAE. She called out GOP and their semi-deified Trump who himself had beef with her. She literally pressed all the buttons she could presse to anger GOP.

all this because she cared about arab problems..... lol

they have us by the balls

muh ummah though
Arabs and my ummah?

Cmon, some ppl forget that she was part of the foreign committee of the US that country that is in every region of this planet. She talked about Latin America, talked about Africa, Europe, and then Middle East. That was her job, what you expected her to do?

seldiboy

Resident Eritrean | Ye's strongest soldier
I don't know why Somalis twerk for Ilhan when she doesn't represent their views. The average Somali's views align with the Republicans more than they do with Democrats. She is just another brown face in congress

Periplus

It is what it is
VIP
all this because she cared about arab problems..... lol

they have us by the balls

muh ummah though

That is factually incorrect, the attacks on her started before she got inaugurated.

Because Congress had to lift their hijab ban for Ilhan Omar, Trump and the Republicans got pissed and put a target on her.

197 people voted in favour of continuing the Hijab ban in Congress, purely out of spite for a woman they haven’t even met yet.

That is factually incorrect, the attacks on her started before she got inaugurated.

Because Congress had to lift their hijab ban for Ilhan Omar, Trump and the Republicans got pissed and put a target on her.

197 people voted in favour of continuing the Hijab ban in Congress, purely out of spite for a woman they haven’t even met yet.
What happens next? She’s banned from that committee until 2024 right? Can she appeal?

Periplus

It is what it is
VIP
What happens next? She’s banned from that committee until 2024 right? Can she appeal?

I mean nothing is fully confirmed, I think. But if it does happen, then she’s not banned, she’s just not on the committee.

She can rejoin the committee if a Democrat drops out and Ilhan has the numbers (I think).

Anyways, even if Ilhan gets kicked out, the Democrats will probably replace her with someone equally left-wing probably AOC or Rashida.

I mean nothing is fully confirmed, I think. But if it does happen, then she’s not banned, she’s just not on the committee.

She can rejoin the committee if a Democrat drops out and Ilhan has the numbers (I think).

Anyways, even if Ilhan gets kicked out, the Democrats will probably replace her with someone equally left-wing probably AOC or Rashida.
Oh that’s fine so she can join other committees? I guess that’s not too terrible. The media is acting like she’s banned from Congress

Periplus

It is what it is
VIP
Oh that’s fine so she can join other committees? I guess that’s not too terrible. The media is acting like she’s banned from Congress

The reason the media is pissed is because restricting a congressperson from a committee is a big deal.

It’s only done if they broke House rules or broke the law or something egregious.

They’re worried that this will set up a tit-for-tat.

Reborn
Having watched the debate it's mad :ohlord:

They hold so much hate for Ilhan :bell:

She'll comeback when the Democrats have the numbers in the next election

You know Ilhan is hated when I’m seeing Somalis,Ethiopians, Israelis and Indians celebrating. Why can’t Somalis stay on code? How you attacking your own infront of these racists?

bidenkulaha

GalYare

Ilhan Omar made a massive mistake being so critical of Israel. You can’t beat the Israeli lobby in the West. I always thought she was too stupid and it would come back to bite her.

It’s also important for Somali interests that we rebuild relations with the Israeli lobby in the west otherwise we will be marginalised from top positions in governments.

Trending

Latest posts