Boxing or MMA

If I want to learn self defense which one is better? I am too lazy to do an in depth research so here I am. I am 24 skinny and about 6ft. I want to totally wreck the next guy I get into a fight with. So far I have 50% win ratio In 2020 after 2 fights only because my last fight was against a Brazilian juitsu trainer wallahi I kid you all not. and I would like to drag that up to 80% at least. In this trump era Somali man should know how to defend himself and his family. What is better for overall self defense? I am leaning towards learning boxing because it less messy and less gay.

If I want to learn self defense which one is better? I am too lazy to do an in depth research so here I am. I am 24 skinny and about 6ft. I want to totally wreck the next guy I get into a fight with. So far I have 50% win ratio In 2020 after 2 fights only because my last fight was against a Brazilian juitsu trainer wallahi I kid you all not. and I would like to drag that up to 80% at least. In this trump era Somali man should know how to defend himself and his family. What is better for overall self defense? I am leaning towards learning boxing because it less messy and less gay.
I would suggest practical as in street fighting, but out of the two definitely boxing. You will rarely ever see people wrestling each other in life outside of PE

Does body composition matter? I am thinking you don’t want to wrestle or grapple if you are skinny guy because a stronger opponent will have advantage. But with boxing size wouldn’t matter if you know how to throw a punch and defend against one.

The whole point of Brazilian jiu jitsu is a smaller guy can dominate a small guy. Look at the early ufc fights Royce Gracie beat massive guys from different martial arts with bjj.

I think boxing is elite too, in a street fight you’d want to knock someone out as fast as possible and boxing would do that. However most street fights end up on the ground that’s where bjj will dominate. That’s why I wanna do both and be complete standing and grappling insha’Allah. I’d recommend you try it.

Mozart

You need people like me
Learn to box . I did kickboxing since 11 and kicking isn’t any use in a street fight. Don’t do bjj either since you don’t want a fight to end up on the floor . Boxing is the best for what you want

The whole point of Brazilian jiu jitsu is a smaller guy can dominate a small guy. Look at the early ufc fights Royce Gracie beat massive guys from different martial arts with bjj.

I think boxing is elite too, in a street fight you’d want to knock someone out as fast as possible and boxing would do that. However most street fights end up on the ground that’s where bjj will dominate. That’s why I wanna do both and be complete standing and grappling insha’Allah. I’d recommend you try it.
I don’t trust my somali bones to hold up if we end up on the ground. Do you think it is possible to get good at boxing in a year or two? I want to become a knockout merchant.

Learn to box . I did kickboxing since 11 and kicking isn’t any use in a street fight. Don’t do bjj either since you don’t want a fight to end up on the floor . Boxing is the best for what you want
Exactly! I will enroll in a class next month but they quoted me 180 usd which is fine if the trainers know what they are doing.

I don’t trust my somali bones to hold up if we end up on the ground. Do you think it is possible to get good at boxing in a year or two? I want to become a knockout merchant.

Haha you’ll be fine man somali Bones are legit. Within 2 years of proper boxing you should be able to knock out untrained people with ease ( most men walking around) but it takes years to master it.

Prettymuslim94

A man trying to be successful
Definitely boxing for you seen you're a skinny guy

There's nothing like landing a macaan combination :ahh:

539926035b53d9039ebc3797e51009c7.gif

Edit:
Not to mention your physical conditioning will skyrocket with boxing.

Trending