Both Menelik II and Haile Selassie despised Africans/blacks and their Image and prominence was due to being client and sub-subservient to the west

And many Europeans (not all, but many) in turn look down on Arabs. :dead:

Yep, whilst many Arabs think its the highest compliment to be told they look European. That type of thinking just creates a racial hierarchy and many are are co-signing without realizing it.

Yep, whilst many Arabs think its the highest compliment to be told they look European. That type of thinking just creates a racial hierarchy and many are are co-signing without realizing it.

It really is strange that they do this; Lebanese exaggerate how many of them are blonde and have blue eyes; the Lebanese have a richer history than most Europeans so it doesn't make sense for them to be so desperate for European validation.

I was a bit of a Nationalist so my problem was on the opposite side of things.

CanoGeel

"Show respect to all people, but grovel to none"
And many Europeans (not all, but many) in turn look down on Arabs. :dead:
1635876403999.png

This
1635876433370.png

Som

VIP
Menelik may have said something like that but Haile Selassie at least on paper was trying to gather support from black people and infact he welcomed african american volunteers against the Italian invasion including a black american aviator who trained the first Ethiopian air force. He definitely felt superior but he was engaged in this blackness/africanness thing.
Menelik though had litteraly no idea about what panafricanist in the americas were talking about

Som

VIP
Anyway the traditional somali attitude also described by colonial explorers was to despise everyone and feel superior to everyone. The Nomadic somalis felt more noble than Habeshas, oromos, bantus, araba,whites etc. While it was still a negative racist attitude it was very different from the servile uncle tom behavior that we see in many horn africans today. They hate darker people because they want to beg the white man for acceptance and they are happy wjen they are told "you guys are different from other blacks".

Som

VIP
They have many coons and racists.

Read on this conflict. It was mostly a racial conflict:

Most of the so called arab ruling class in Zanzibar was basically afro-arab. Even some of their sultans were black or black admixed and their first language was Swahili.
Very similar to what happened in Sudan when pseudo -nilotic looking "arab" were calling darfurians abeed despite looking almost the same.

Most of the so called arab ruling class in Zanzibar was basically afro-arab. Even some of their sultans were black or black admixed and their first language was Swahili.
Very similar to what happened in Sudan when pseudo -nilotic looking "arab" were calling darfurians abeed despite looking almost the same.

What pseudo Nilotic-looking Arabs are you referring to? 🤔

Last edited:

Som

VIP
What pseudo Nilotic Arabs are you referring to? 🤔
Baggara arabs to be specific. While many of them look mixed many others look almost Nilotic.These so called arabs are nothing but arabized nilotes with a tiny bit of Arab ancestry. Sometimes it may be difficult to distinguish darfurians from baggara arabs
Zalingi.jpg

Baggara arabs to be specific. While many of them look mixed many others look almost Nilotic.These so called arabs are nothing but arabized nilotes with a tiny bit of Arab ancestry. Sometimes it may be difficult to distinguish darfurians from baggara arabs
Zalingi.jpg

You think we look like them?:browtf::draketf:

The Baggara Arabs look more like Darfurians; our facial features, height and build are completely different.

PS: Darfurians are not Nilotic

I’ve noticed that Sudanese roles in Western films are often played by Full-Arab actors. Check out the film ‘I am Slave’. It’s about a Girl from the Nuba mountains who is enslaved by a Sudanese family.
hwn4d-I_AM_SLAVE-Full-Image_GalleryBackground-en-US-1546453609412._RI_.jpg

Som

VIP
I’ve noticed that Sudanese roles in Western films are often played by Full-Arab actors. Check out the film ‘I am Slave’. It’s about a Girl from the Nuba mountains who is enslaved by a Sudanese family.
It's probably due to the lack of sudanese arab actors and ignorance. They could have used random black people to play the sudanese Arabs but then difference between oppressed and oppressor wouldn't be visually explicitly. Actually the whole point is that there's little difference

Som

VIP
Some people also would have a hard time connecting arabness with blackness.
A lot of westerners think Sudanese arabs look like northafrican and middleastern people

Som

I'm not trolling you here, mate; there is a difference between Nilotics and Saharans; we are the Nile component of Nilo + Saharan.

I've said this to Apollo before and I'll say it to you:

Only the Dinka-Nuer, Shilluk-Anyuak, Maasai-Samburu, Kalenjin, Karo, Toposa, Didinga, Lotuka and the Luo tribes are Nilotic.

The Kunama, Nara, Nubians, Toubou, Maban, Fur, Masalit and Zaghawa are Saharans; they are the Saharan component of Nilo-Saharan.

Som

VIP
Som

I'm not trolling you here, mate; there is a difference between Nilotics and Saharans; we are the Nile component of Nilo + Saharan.

Only the Dinka-Nuer, Shilluk-Anyuak, Maasai-Samburu, Kalenjin, Karo, Toposa, Didinga, Lotuka and the Luo tribes are Nilotic.

The Kunama, Nara, Nubians, Toubou, Maban, Fur, Masalit and Zaghawa are Saharans; they are the Saharan component of Nilo-Saharan.
Sorry that's true.
Anyway what i meant is that many of the arab sudanese tribes that live in Darfur look just like Fur,Masalit, Zaghawa etc

Som

What's the genetic difference between the nilotics and saharans?

Sorry that's true.
Anyway what i meant is that many of the arab sudanese tribes that live in Darfur look just like Fur,Masalit, Zaghawa etc

I definitely agree that the Baggara look like those Darfurian-Chadian Nationalities; the Darfurians really dropped the ball in 2003 -- when they launched their rebellion in the middle of our negotiations with Khartoum.

We approached them in the 90s and they dismissed us as infidels; they constituted the majority of the soldiers in the Sudanese army during the war and we seldom found Afro-Arabs in the battlefields.

When they launched their rebellion in 2003 (when our hands were tied) this was us

stringer-bell-the-wire.gif

Som

VIP
I definitely agree that the Baggara look like those Darfurian-Chadian Nationalities; the Darfurians really dropped the ball in 2003 -- when they launched their rebellion in the middle of our negotiations with Khartoum.

We approached them in the 90s and they dismissed us as infidels; they constituted the majority of the soldiers in the Sudanese army during the war and we seldom found Afro-Arabs in the battlefields.

When they launched their rebellion in 2003 (when our hands were tied) this was us

View attachment 205775
Question: are the baggara arabs also subject to racism from other lighter skinned arab tribes? From my understanding in Sudan it doesn't matter how black you look as long as you come from an arab tribe, i know there's colorism but it seems baggara are considered legit arabs in Sudan despite being dark

Question: are the baggara arabs also subject to racism from other lighter skinned arab tribes? From my understanding in Sudan it doesn't matter how black you look as long as you come from an arab tribe, i know there's colorism but it seems baggara are considered legit arabs in Sudan despite being dark

I don't think they are subject to racism by the Ja'alin and other Riverine Afro-Arabs in Khartoum-Omdurman; they are seen as backwards due to their nomadic lifestyle.

The Baggara have historically formed the backbone of the paramilitary forces that Khartoum unleashed in Darfur and the South, so they've always enjoyed Khartoum's support and largesse.

CanoGeel

"Show respect to all people, but grovel to none"
Som

So was awowe's maternal side Nilo-or saharan? i know it's complicated but
Alison Pill Any Idea GIF by Amazon Prime Video

Trending