"Bosnia marks 25 years since Srebrenica genocide amid pandemic"

Bosnia marks 25 years since Srebrenica genocide amid pandemic

Killing of 8,000 Muslims in 1995 by Serb troops was the only genocide on European soil since the second world war.

Bosnian Muslims are marking 25 years since the Srebrenica genocide, the worst atrocity on European soil since the end of the second world war, with the memorial ceremony sharply reduced due to the coronavirus pandemic.

The event marks July 11, 1995, the day when Bosnian Serb forces marched into Srebrenica, a Muslim enclave on Serb territory in Bosnia and Herzegovina that had been under the UN protection.

II don't get why the Serbian soldiers did it. What did the Muslim victims do to them?

Molotoff

Supreme Bosniak Geeljire
VIP
Bosnia marks 25 years since Srebrenica genocide amid pandemic

Killing of 8,000 Muslims in 1995 by Serb troops was the only genocide on European soil since the second world war.

Bosnian Muslims are marking 25 years since the Srebrenica genocide, the worst atrocity on European soil since the end of the second world war, with the memorial ceremony sharply reduced due to the coronavirus pandemic.

The event marks July 11, 1995, the day when Bosnian Serb forces marched into Srebrenica, a Muslim enclave on Serb territory in Bosnia and Herzegovina that had been under the UN protection.

II don't get why the Serbian soldiers did it. What did the Muslim victims do to them?

They were Muslims. That was reason enough. Serbian political establishment of the 90's (both in Bosnia and in serbia) and serbian media dehumanized Bosniaks. When you dehumanize someone, killing him or her doesn't represent anything despicable. That is why they felt no remorse when killing all that people.

Lesson learned; never trust the united nations and the international community.

Srebrenica enclave was a Bosniak controlled territory surrounded by both bosnian serbs and bordering serbia, making the fact that they succeeded to defend themselves for 3,5 years a remarkable achievement.

When Srebrenica was declared a so called UN safe zone in 1993, Bosniaks from eastern Bosnia that hadnt been killed or ethnically cleansed went there en masse.

Serbs are campaigning fiercely to deny the nature of Srebrenica being a genocide, minimizing and even mocking the victims and the survivors.

They also claim that the 28th division of the Army of the Republic of Bosnia and Herzegowina (goverment forces) killed 3500 serbs in the area during the 1992-1995 war. Although, all of their claims are fabrications and there are no proofs whatsoever. The 28th division did not have the resources to carry out killings on such an organized level.

@Pipit

@Omar del Sur

Last edited:
They were Muslims. That was reason enough. Serbian political establishment of the 90's (both in Bosnia and in serbia) and serbian media dehumanized Bosniaks. When you dehumanize someone, killing him or her doesn't represent anything despicable. That is why they felt no remorse when killing all that people.

Lesson learned; never trust the united nations and the international community.

Srebrenica enclave was a Bosniak controlled territory surrounded by both bosnian serbs and bordering serbia, making the fact that they succeeded to defend themselves for 3,5 years a remarkable achievement.

When Srebrenica was declared a so called UN safe zone in 1993, Bosniaks from eastern Bosnia that hadnt been killed or ethnically cleansed went there en masse.

Serbs are campaigning fiercely to deny the nature of Srebrenica being a genocide, minimizing and even mocking the victims and the survivors.

They also claim that the 28th division of the Army of the Republic of Bosnia and Herzegowina (goverment forces) killed 3500 serbs in the area during the 1992-1995 war.

@Pipit

@Omar del Sur
United nothings can never be trusted

Molotoff

Supreme Bosniak Geeljire
VIP
AUN, they shouldn't have allowed thr so called UN to disarm them. The serbs attacked soon after that.

Most men with weapons didn't turn them in. They died trying to break out of the fallen Srebrenica enclave, in an attempt to reach governement controlled territory. They walked throughout rugged mountainious and woody terrain, the bosnian serb army was everywhere, luring. It was on this voyage many were captured and killed.

It is estimated that some 15 000 men and boys fled. Out of those 15 000, about 7000 made it to government controlled territory, going through hardships unimaginable to the human mind.

The stories of the breakout are countless. A group of Bosniaks managed to kidnap some sort of bosnian serb military commander and held him hostage to ensure their safe passing. Saved a lot of men.

Most men with weapons didn't turn them in. They died trying to break out of the fallen Srebrenica enclave, in an attempt to reach governement controlled territory. They walked throughout rugged mountainious and woody terrain, the bosnian serb army was everywhere, luring. It was on this voyage many were captured and killed.

It is estimated that some 15 000 men and boys fled. Out of those 15 000, about 7000 made it to government controlled territory, going through hardships unimaginable to the human mind.

The stories of the breakout are countless. A group of Bosniaks managed to kidnap some sort of bosnian serb military commander and held him hostage to ensure their safe passing. Saved a lot of men.
Excellent

Hassan Garguute Buldanana

#Puntlandfirst
VIP

It is estimated that some 15 000 men and boys fled. Out of those 15 000, about 7000 made it to government controlled territory, going through hardships imaginable to the human mind.

Too much power was concentrated in Serbia than the rest of the Yugoslav states. Slovenia was lucky to be far away with little serb population.

AbdiGeedi

To keep your balance, you must keep moving.
The EU is inherently anti-Muslim. The Dutch soldiers were close by and did absolutely nothing to stop the mass killings.

RIP.

I am not familiar with this subject. I do not know what to say.

If I want to know about Pakistan (for example), I believe the correct way is to talk to Pakistanis themselves. I don't like to go by what is in the media when it comes to regions I'm not familiar with. So I haven't been familiar with this, as I don't think I've ever met a Bosnian in real life and I am not trusting of the media to tell me the truth about things.

Muslims were chosen by Allah to be His servants. It is shaytaan who drives people to hate Muslims. Shaytaan doesn't want us to be Muslims, he doesn't want us to get up for Fajr, he wants us to be lazy and to not study our dīn or perform acts of ibadah. We shouldn't believe anything that tries to justify the genocide of our brothers. Everybody knows that Muslims are persecuted simply for being Muslim. It's something that has happened since the early days of Islam. I believe it started in Mecca and now in recent times, it's been seen in Bosnia, Kashmir, Palestine and other places. Look how they treat our brothers in India. And people that attack innocent people always make up lies to justify their evil.

How do you respond to innocent people having this happen to them? This is not a normal thing, what is the etiquette and proper way to respond to something so serious? I don't know.

But I would like to leave this hadith of the beautiful words of Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him)

Al-Nu’man ibn Bashir reported: The Messenger of Allah, peace and blessings be upon him, said, “The parable of the believers in their affection, mercy, and compassion for each other is that of a body. When any limb aches, the whole body reacts with sleeplessness and fever.”

Source: Ṣaḥīḥ al-Bukhārī 5665, Ṣaḥīḥ Muslim 2586

Grade: Muttafaqun Alayhi (authenticity agreed upon) according to Al-Bukhari and Muslim

946301_10151483709291864_542267180_n.jpg

shutterstock_678116479.jpg

Trending