Bosaso Town Plan Begins

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
Bosaso needs to zone out residential-market-manufacturers-govt zone. There needs to be laws that a 'tin shed' can't operate in the middle of the city or complete banning of this structure. Residential areas should be only for housing and 'light markets' not 'big markets'.

There needs to be a separate zone for light industrial and manufacturers outside the city, we recently saw a 'chemical spill' in garowe in the down-town because of this lack of town-planning.

Each building needs to follow international standards of street designation and numbering. We should also upload these to google street maps. I should be able to drive anywhere in Bosaso and be guided by GPS systems. This will also facilitate the ease of business especially transportation and delivery companies.

Bosaso should replace Mogadishu as the seat of the federal government @Periplus . Bosaso would almost be like Canberra but officially Xamar would still keep the capital title and would only host the presidency (Villa Somalia), the central bank and foreign embassies

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
Bosaso should replace Mogadishu as the seat of the federal government @Periplus . Bosaso would almost be like Canberra but officially Xamar would still keep the capital title and would only host the presidency (Villa Somalia), the central bank and foreign embassies

Federal departments, prime minister lodge, reserve bank, federal police, and foreign embassies all operate out of canberra. Most of the social services functions is delegated to 'states' to run. Land management-Health-Education-Economic development all are state directed.

Some areas involve both feds n state like federal funding thru the GST, Medicare levy, and other infrastructure taxes are managed by the feds but PL/Somalia haven't even discussed federal and state revenue distribution and management which require both involvement. That is gonna get bloody heated and left to 'simmer for later discussions' because it requires mature heads on both sides to cut deals for the betterment of federation. I know as PL we will demand to know how this will help 'federation' goals be achieved before we give a damn cent to these mogadishu moryans.

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
I say any 'Ground plus 2 dabaq n larger' projects must be allocated land in the central business district, we must keep residential areas for only houses and not make it mixed usage. I also urge Bosaso mayor to sub-divide the various markets and businesses into large-medium-small and give preference to large n medium in the central business district and move out the smaller trader and create a different section for them. Completely destroy and ban tin-sheds or jingads from operating in Bosaso.

I also think we need to start thinking about implementing a 'capital gains tax', areas that benefit from government investment should pay higher taxes such as roads-schools-hospitals-police stations, this increases their land value because it's safer, has better infrastructure then other areas. We need to keep taxation fair so everyone pays what's a fair amount depending on the level of government investment in their area.

Periplus

It is what it is
VIP

If that is to ever happen and a big if, it should not be Bosasso.

It has to be a smaller city as it gives us room to mould as opposed to an established city.

Also it should be a city that does not belong to a specific qabiil.

mr steal your naag

banu hashim and shiettt
VIP
True but many gobols like Mudug, Togdeer and SSC are cosmopolitan.
Samuel L Jackson Reaction GIF by Coming to America

Trending

Latest posts