Bosaso Port Upgrade Project

To add on that, I believe the state gov't should encourage (and initiate avenues for) the locals' to form investment vehicles, where locals can contribute and own shares in developing projects, such as pooled funds. From smaller investments to larger ones, e.g. the Garacad port. This will enable in a growing middle/upper class with homegrown assets (not limited to diasporas only), instead of people saving money in banks, as it will also encourage those that are sceptical of traditional investments involving interest (i.e. bank loans). It will also decrease certain actors (individuals & companies, locals and foreigners alike) from gaining monopoly, which is the norm in many sectors in SL. But nonetheless, a local is in many ways better than foreigners, if there are opportunities, allowing this to happen.
The thing is they already do that in some places in Somalia, but most ppl just don´t have the capital to invest in those big projects. But I don´t really see a problem here u can always buy shares back. U just have do it soon enough.

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
This is pure criminal @FBIsomalia , they spent a year to create some port dock which even garacad port is creating 4 port docks. Foreign investment is always under delivering I'm a real supporter of local investors not foreign.

These emirates want a share in the revenue yet they want to cheat in putting as small investment as possible. I only like Emirati and Saudi for political alliance against ikhwaan and it's allies globally. Let's make our economic partner china. Their work speaks volumes when you see the Chinese built highway and how long it lasted. You get good value out of Chinese infrastructure investors and if we cut a deal with them and not emirate it would be much wiser.

Plus Isaaq is banned in China due to their Taiwan relations so the Chinese will prioritise Bosaso as it's port investment hub on the red sea and having a china economic friend is much better in global geopolitics.

We should've of capitalised immediately when SL cut itself off from China by working with an unrecognised Taiwan and we should've sent a high level wufuud to China to invest in bosaso port expansion and a revenue sharing lease for 30 years. I'm furious at the clowns who lead us not jumping at opportunities and. Expecting they come knocking on your door nor do they come back twice.

Last edited:

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
@FBIsomalia Is cobble stone the right material for longevity and lower maintenance? Im not a civil engineer but the load and volume of heavy trucks at the container terminal surely deserves concrete, it is a higher up front cost per sq meter but it has lower operating and maintenance costs surely someone has done the maths or cost to benefits on various options? It's well known cheaper purchase cost tend to have higher operating costs over a lifetime.

Last edited:

Trending