Bosaso least active Somali port, huge revenue shortfalls in Puntland

Screen Shot 2020-11-05 at 10.13.10.png

Source:

As discussed previously, Bosaso is a dying port, we all know this. I am just surprised that now Kismayo has surpassed it in activity.

This should be very alarming for Puntland region as Bosaso is their largest source of revenue.

The World Bank published a paper in June, estimating the revenue shortfalls in various jurisdictions as follows:

Screen Shot 2020-11-05 at 10.32.40.png

Revenue losses projected to be:

-18% in Somaliland
-68% in Puntland
-90% in Jubaland

Whilst 18% revenue shortfall in Somaliland is not ideal, this is inline with what countries around the world are experiencing, the UK for example is seeing its national income fall by 20%. On the other hand, the near 70% drop of revenue in Puntland is catastrophic, essentially nothing else in Puntland is generating income for the government other than Bosaso.

The World Bank quantified these revenue losses in accordance with dependence on trade-related taxes, as follows:

Screen Shot 2020-11-05 at 10.33.26.png

US$36.7 million in Somaliland (18% revenue losses)
US$26.6 million in Benadir (percentage unspecified)
US$45.9 million in Puntland (68% revenue losses)
US$15.7 million in Jubaland (90% revenue losses)

The declining volume of trade in Bosaso, and subsequent $45.9 million revenue shortfall is a huge hit on the Puntland economy, to the tune of almost 70% loss in revenue, whereas a $36.7 million shortfall in Somaliland only makes for an 18% decline due to Somaliland's larger economy.

This is going to get more grim for Puntland as volumes at Bosaso continue to decline.

repo

Bantu Liberation Movement
VIP
Are you retarded? Everything you posted contradicts your claim.

Bosaso has 1 ship in port cause it has1 berth. Even if we take your first screenshot, it's still more active than Kismayo.

:snoop:

However if we check live GPS tracking and see the amount of ships docked outside of Bosaso:

802bc8522d99a68e1a83a44dd6f281cc.png

Compared it Berbera.

44645a0576304ba86bff7307c36a377d.png

Last edited:
Are you retarded? Everything you posted contradicts your claim.

Bosaso has 1 ship in port cause it have 1 berth.

:snoop:

Look at the amount of ships docked outside of Bosaso.

View attachment 150843

Compared it Berbera.

View attachment 150844

That is a lie. Bosaso had 2 ships docked as recent as last week.

Next time multiple ships dock I will open a new thread, you all keep repeating this lie to feel better about the failing port of Bosaso, but the numbers dont lie.

The World Bank figures show near 70% decline in total revenue for Puntland region, this is a region on the verge of economic peril.

repo

VIP
That is a lie. Bosaso had 2 ships docked as recent as last week.

Next time multiple ships dock I will open a new thread, you all keep repeating this lie to feel better about the failing port of Bosaso, but the numbers dont lie.

The World Bank figures show near 70% decline in total revenue for Puntland region, this is a region on the verge of economic peril.
So far everything you have said is a lie.

Bosaso's feasibility study:

"Infrastructure studies resulted in a design programme for a harbour to accommodate one 6,000 DWT general cargo/Ro-Ro vessel and a number of smaller cargo vessels (dhows) and fishing boats."

Bosaso Harbour: a new hot-climate port development

Even in your own numbers, Bosaso is not the least active port so you are lying again.

What pisses you off is that we proved using the United Nations, World Bank, IMF, IOM and FAO that Somaliland performs worse than Puntland in most socio-economic metrics. It's testament to having achieved nothing substantial for 30 years.

Even in your own numbers, Bosaso is not the least active port so you are lying again.

Bosaso bottoms the list of in port activity, trying to spin this by claiming "expected" ships as activity is a new level of pathetic.

This is beyond FKD at this stage. Your region is struggling with an eye-watering 70% loss of revenue, this is very dangerous.

How are you going to pay people? Printing more fake money will not save you this time.

Stories of Puntland region army mutinies will start to pick up again. Its grim.

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
@TabK the thread backfired waryaa. There is 7 Vessels in Bosaso as we speak while there is only 5 in Berbera. Stop comparing yourself to PL constantly, it shows your inferiority complex.

Bosaso is a business hub, Berbera is a village that is smaller then 'bendar bayla'. If there were much business in Berbera, it would look like one. Plus PL has Galkacyo controlling the whole central/ddsi trade. That's two trade life-lines and your convincing yourself that your larger GDP? how in the world do u have more products/goods going thru your berbera then Galkacyo/Bosaso which is 'two markets' that even dominates 'HY/HJ' markets lol.

Habar Awal and Jigjiga trade isn't going to bring in much waryaa in comparison to PL trade corridor of galkacyo dominating the center and bosaso dominating the north and east. On top of that we got Kismaayo too waryaa

I be like this waryaa.

giphy.gif

I dominate 3 business hubs and trade corridors and I am about to 'penetrate' your only corridor 'jigjiga' stealing it towards 'garacad'.

You don't understand what a fkn economy is, it's about how much products/goods are in your market. I have PL supplying up to beletwayn-Burco-Erigavo and all PL and Wardheer. How in the world can u have as many goods and products just for hargeisa and awdal and jigjiga? u r in a dream. PL is the largest economy in the north, when u learn what an economy is, then speak dont let ppl think u r a damn fool comparing yourself to a PORT that controls the central regions/northern regions/eastern regions and Wardheer as the same as your silly 'wajaale' tuulo market

repo

VIP
Bosaso bottoms the list of in port activity, trying to spin this by claiming "expected" ships as activity is another level of pathetic.

It accommodates one ship cause it has a single berth.

It doesn't mean it's less active, the ships are literally anchored outside the port waiting to dock.

Are you seriously slow, is this Somaliland's 50% literacy rate?

:russ:

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
@sincity this clown @TabK doesn't know that there is only 5 main ports. Mog and it's surrounding area. Kismaayo and it's surrounding area. Galkacyo and it's surrounding area, Bosaso, and Berbera. I own 3 of that waryaa kismayo/bosaso/galkacyo. Plus I am still not satisfied as I penetrate deeper into DDSI beyond wardheer with Garacad and Galdojob initiative.

repo

VIP
@sincity this clown @TabK doesn't know that there is only 5 main ports. Mog and it's surrounding area. Kismaayo and it's surrounding area. Galkacyo and it's surrounding area, Bosaso, and Berbera. I own 3 of that waryaa kismayo/bosaso/galkacyo. Plus I am still not satisfied as I penetrate deeper into DDSI beyond wardheer with Garacad and Galdojob initiative.
Bosaso exports more livestock than Berbera. They are being beaten by a port with 1 berth that has not been upgraded since it was built over 30 years ago. It's a pathetic state these khat addicts are in.

@TabK I see you editing your posts after your thread backfired, stick to locking up "wanlaweyns" and waiting for the khat convoy from Ethiopia, leave the numbers game to the professionals.

:umad:

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
@TabK maskin ba tahay, do u know how many 'truckers' are in and out of Bosaso and Galkacyo daily? wallahi u don't see that many trucks in Berbera in a whole year that we see in just one day. We are servicing all PL plus Burco and Erigavo and Wardheer all the way to beletwayn and galmudug. Niyahow back down, how in the world are u going to have larger GDP for 'wajaale corridor' which is tiny.

War is-gabo waryaa, how can u mathamatically convince yourself that you have larger products and goods in berbera for wajaale and ignore bosaso and galkacyo bringing in products for beletwayne-galmudug-wardheer-sool-sanaag-burco-bari-nugaal? that is huge market waryaa and that's why u constantly see those truck activity in PL and on SL corridor u know those trucks are empty waryaa.

Ninkani waaba nacas wallahi, he wants to say he has larger economy then PL, yet fails to explain how awdal-hargeisa market is going to be bigger then having PL/GM/HS/BURCO/ERIGAVO/MAKHIR/KHATUMO all combined? shit wallahi some people are just not mathamatically blessed. Your port can not service much if your market is only hargeisa/awdal, caqliga ka shaqaysi. Yes you do get the 'ogaden livestock' and if it wasn't for that lifeline, wallahi that small wajaale tuulo market wouldn't be able to pay for SL to exist. Infact your about to lose those 'ogaden livestocks' as Garacad is targetting them from berbera, when that happens, game over, all u have is wajaale tuulo market

You are all getting too emotional.

The thread discusses two facts that you can not refute:

1- Bosaso currently being the least active Somali port.

Stop making excuses, saying things like "we have not had any investment since the port was opened" only goes to show that no one is willing to invest in a small dying port. If you had a successful operation, you would have had ample interest from international money.

2- Puntland is on the precipice of financial ruin.

70%
shortfall in revenue is a disaster no matter how you look at it. Puntland usually circumvented its weak financial position in the past by printing fake money. Now that well has dried up and you face the grim situation of having -70% revenue and at the same time struggle with hyper inflation due to your past actions of printing fake money.

This is no joke.

Puntland always had a problem paying its soldiers and employees on time. I foresee this getting much worse. This is a region facing existential danger.

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
@sincity I told u these landers have a bosaso fetish, they know how huge our economy is and how many markets we service and he is stuck running goods to wajaale and hargeisa only, that's what causes the 'ciil' in him about bosaso. War bosaso waa cosmopolitan business hub and it will continue to be.

repo

VIP
@sincity I told u these landers have a bosaso fetish, they know how huge our economy is and how many markets we service and he is stuck running goods to wajaale and hargeisa only, that's what causes the 'ciil' in him about bosaso. War bosaso waa cosmopolitan business hub and it will continue to be.
Of course they envy Bosaso's success and watch its rise with keen eyes. It is the most populated city on the Gulf of Aden, with a port expansion it will take even more business away from them having already taken away livestock.

I'm arguing against the lie that he said it's the "least active port" which by his own screenshot it isn't.

Bosaso only accommodates 1 ship at a time and the rest are anchored offshore. He thinks repeating it and bolding his font is going to make it accurate but it's misleading, mods need to do their job.

:kanyeshrug:

Of course they envy Bosaso's success and watch its rise with keen eyes. It is the most populated city on the Gulf of Aden, with a port expansion it will take even more business away from them having already taken away livestock.

I'm arguing against the lie that he said it's the "least active port" which by his own screenshot it isn't.

Bosaso only accommodates 1 ship at a time and the rest are anchored offshore. He thinks repeating it and bolding his font is going to make it accurate but it's misleading, mods need to do their job.

If Bosaso is active, then why is Puntland facing an insane 70% revenue shortfall?

Evading is not going to work.

repo

VIP
If Bosaso is active, then why is Puntland facing an insane 70% revenue shortfall?

Evading is not going to work.
The statement was "Bosaso least active Somali port". That is a lie.

I did not argue against 70% revenue shortfall because I am not able to dismiss the World Bank as you did when it showed that Puntland outperforms Somaliland in most socio-economic metrics including literacy rate, income, employment etc. I believe you referred to it as "NGO pdfs".

The statement was "Bosaso least active Somali port". That is a lie.

I did not argue against 70% revenue shortfall because I am not able to dismiss the World Bank as you did when it showed that Puntland outperforms Somaliland in most socio-economic metrics including literacy rate, income, employment etc. I believe you referred to it as "NGO pdfs".

You are struggling to present a coherent answer, I asked you a simple question:

If Bosaso is active, then why is your region facing a crippling 70% revenue shortfall?

Let me help you, the answer you are evading:

Puntland's over-dependence on Bosaso as its major source of revenue, and Bosaso's steep decline is why your region is facing 2020 with 70% less revenue.

Your entire region is operating on 30% of its budget, let that sink in. I am sure you understand how bad your situation is, you are just trying to save face at this stage.

Reborn
@TabK the thread backfired waryaa. There is 7 Vessels in Bosaso as we speak while there is only 5 in Berbera. Stop comparing yourself to PL constantly, it shows your inferiority complex.

Bosaso is a business hub, Berbera is a village that is smaller then 'bendar bayla'. If there were much business in Berbera, it would look like one. Plus PL has Galkacyo controlling the whole central/ddsi trade. That's two trade life-lines and your convincing yourself that your larger GDP? how in the world do u have more products/goods going thru your berbera then Galkacyo/Bosaso which is 'two markets' that even dominates 'HY/HJ' markets lol.

Habar Awal and Jigjiga trade isn't going to bring in much waryaa in comparison to PL trade corridor of galkacyo dominating the center and bosaso dominating the north and east. On top of that we got Kismaayo too waryaa

I be like this waryaa.

giphy.gif

I dominate 3 business hubs and trade corridors and I am about to 'penetrate' your only corridor 'jigjiga' stealing it towards 'garacad'.

You don't understand what a fkn economy is, it's about how much products/goods are in your market. I have PL supplying up to beletwayn-Burco-Erigavo and all PL and Wardheer. How in the world can u have as many goods and products just for hargeisa and awdal and jigjiga? u r in a dream. PL is the largest economy in the north, when u learn what an economy is, then speak dont let ppl think u r a damn fool comparing yourself to a PORT that controls the central regions/northern regions/eastern regions and Wardheer as the same as your silly 'wajaale' tuulo market

Did you just compare Pu
@TabK maskin ba tahay, do u know how many 'truckers' are in and out of Bosaso and Galkacyo daily? wallahi u don't see that many trucks in Berbera in a whole year that we see in just one day. We are servicing all PL plus Burco and Erigavo and Wardheer all the way to beletwayn and galmudug. Niyahow back down, how in the world are u going to have larger GDP for 'wajaale corridor' which is tiny.

War is-gabo waryaa, how can u mathamatically convince yourself that you have larger products and goods in berbera for wajaale and ignore bosaso and galkacyo bringing in products for beletwayne-galmudug-wardheer-sool-sanaag-burco-bari-nugaal? that is huge market waryaa and that's why u constantly see those truck activity in PL and on SL corridor u know those trucks are empty waryaa.

Ninkani waaba nacas wallahi, he wants to say he has larger economy then PL, yet fails to explain how awdal-hargeisa market is going to be bigger then having PL/GM/HS/BURCO/ERIGAVO/MAKHIR/KHATUMO all combined? shit wallahi some people are just not mathamatically blessed. Your port can not service much if your market is only hargeisa/awdal, caqliga ka shaqaysi. Yes you do get the 'ogaden livestock' and if it wasn't for that lifeline, wallahi that small wajaale tuulo market wouldn't be able to pay for SL to exist. Infact your about to lose those 'ogaden livestocks' as Garacad is targetting them from berbera, when that happens, game over, all u have is wajaale tuulo market

Who said the port is only for Hargeisa and Berbera?

It will also include Ethiopia which once the port is fully developed it is forecasted to capture at most 30% of Ethiopias trade.Do the maths now and you fail to mention the Domino affect of this investment which is that you have other international corporations like Trafigura setting up its regional base here...

Last edited:

repo

VIP
You are struggling to present a coherent answer, I asked you a simple question:

If Bosaso is active, then why is your region facing a crippling 70% revenue shortfall?

Let me help you, the answer you are evading:

Puntland's over-dependence on Bosaso as its major source of revenue, and Bosaso's steep decline is why your region is facing 2020 with 70% less revenue.

Your entire region is operating on 30% of its budget, let that sink in. I am sure you understand how bad your situation is, you are just trying to save face at this stage.
You are moving goalposts. The title says "Bosaso least active Somali port, huge revenue shortfalls".

It is not the least active port as I have proven above.

So you move the goalpost again.

That's an entirely different question. Lets refer to the World Bank document that you posted yourself but probably only searched CTRL + Puntland.

Across the FMSs, Benadir Region, and Somaliland, estimates of revenue losses vary in accordance with dependence on trade-related taxes. Subnational territories that have major ports and are dependent on revenues from taxes on international trade are likely to be the most affected by revenue shortfalls, as overall trade volumes decline. Notably, these losses are projected at US$45.9 million in Puntland, US$15.7 million in Jubbaland, US$26.6 million in Benadir, and US$36.7 million in Somaliland.

Curfews, port closures, and other COVID-19 containment measures announced in March and April have broken domestic supply chains and reduced economic activity in services industries (especially trade, restaurants, transportation, and travel) and construction.

There you have it. Next time you should pretend to have read what you post.

You are moving goalposts. The title says "Bosaso least active Somali port, huge revenue shortfalls".

It is not the least active port as I have proven above.

So you move the goalpost again.

That's an entirely different question. Lets refer to the World Bank document that you posted yourself but probably only searched CTRL + Puntland.

There you have it. Next time you should pretend to have read what you post.

You are the one who is moving goalposts and counting "expected" ships as real activity.

Such a pathetic move.

Bosaso is the least active port, it has a single ship docking:

Screen Shot 2020-11-05 at 10.13.10.png

Case closed.

Counting expected ships before they are actually in port is so desperate.

And you keep repeating that only one ship can dock in Bosaso when last week the same tracker site reported two ships docking. The more you repeat this lie the worse you will look next time the tracker updates, as I will start a thread about it.

repo

VIP
You are the one who is moving goalposts and counting "expected" ships as real activity.

Such a pathetic move.

Bosaso is the least active port, it has a single ship docking:

View attachment 150849

Case closed.

Counting expected ships before they are actually in port is so desperate.

And you keep repeating that only one ship can dock in Bosaso when last week the same tracker site reported two ships docking. The more you repeat this lie the worse you will look next time the tracker updates, as I will start a thread about it.
Repeating the same thing won’t make it true.
You were probably excited when you posted this thread like got ‘em. Pathetic.

:hova:

Trending