Borderless Africa

Status
Not open for further replies.
With the recent conflict of Kenya and Somalia. I have come to realize that a big part of this is created by the colonial borders that were designed to create conflict among people. So, it’s not a surprise to me that Kenya and Somalia are having a border conflict. However, before colonialism Africa had a more permeable border and one that people consider to be borderless. People had the freedom to move about and groups of people of the same ethnicity weren’t separated is my understanding of it. So, how about the African continent go back to a borderless continent. Will it be better than what we have now? And wouldn’t a borderless continent unite Somali people together? Also, I don’t know how a borderless continent would look like. It’s just something I heard people talk about before and something that I would think would look interesting.

Basra

LOVE is a product of Doqoniimo mixed with lust
Let Them Eat Cake
VIP
Let me ask u a question. Will u want your home to have a fence from your neighbors or free of fence?

Let me ask u a question. Will u want your home to have a fence from your neighbors or free of fence?
Fence waaa Kasab we dont want cushitic genocide

Attachments

• bantu bel 2.jpg
    bantu bel 2.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 291

CaliTedesse

I ❤️ Islam & Aabo Kush. Anti-BBB Anti-Inbred
VIP
With the recent conflict of Kenya and Somalia. I have come to realize that a big part of this is created by the colonial borders that were designed to create conflict among people. So, it’s not a surprise to me that Kenya and Somalia are having a border conflict. However, before colonialism Africa had a more permeable border and one that people consider to be borderless. People had the freedom to move about and groups of people of the same ethnicity weren’t separated is my understanding of it. So, how about the African continent go back to a borderless continent. Will it be better than what we have now? And wouldn’t a borderless continent unite Somali people together? Also, I don’t know how a borderless continent would look like. It’s just something I heard people talk about before and something that I would think would look interesting.
That just means free movement like European Union.

4head

The one and only 4head
VIP
We must have borders. I don't want to be a neighbor with Reer Congo and their silly "civilisation".

Mighty

If wars can be started with lies, so can peace.
Abayo, borderless africa is just pan-africanism nonesense. Somalis had borders way before colonialism, even between ourselves.

OMG NOOOOOO NEVEEEEER. IMAGINE SHARING LAND WITH KIKUYUUS AND ZULUS:vqbuyv0::vqbuyv0::vqbuyv0::vqbuyv0:

A lot of you are worried about Bantus coming in, but from looking at the current situation in Somalia aren't people scared to go to Somalia. Plus, don't you have to be a citizen of a country to live and stay there, otherwise, you will be an illegal immigrant. it's not like the concept of citizenship is gone with a borderless continent.

Mighty

If wars can be started with lies, so can peace.
A lot of you are worried about Bantus coming in, but from looking at the current situation in Somalia aren't people scared to go to Somalia. Plus, don't you have to be a citizen of a country to live and stay there, otherwise, you will be an illegal immigrant. it's not like the concept of citizenship is gone with a borderless continent.
The whole concept of citizenship is based on borders.

Samaalic Era

QurboExit
No such thing as citizenship in Somalia. You can buy it from your local store. We need to build a trench across Somaliwayn to keep out the bantu horde:gaasdrink:

Last edited:
The whole concept of citizenship is based on borders.
It's not entirely borderless. There are still territorial borders it's just that you have free entry to an AU country based on a new AU passport. It doesn't get rid of a Sovereign state. It's commonly referred to borderless because of everyone who is a member of the AU states can move freely to different African countries. I heard it will promote tourism and trade, but there will still be the concept of citizenship. From what I have heard it seems to give more benefit to Somali people since the current Somali passport doesn't let you enter freely to certain African countries. Also, I heard the AU will start giving these passports in 2020. I don't completely understand the concept, but these are the few things I have heard.

Sol

?
Some of the borders are hilarious like Namibia, Zambia, and Mozambique. Somalia has the most beautiful looking border on earth :fittytousand:

africa-countries.jpg

Sol

?

We should create a super secret utopian enclave (like something out of Wakanda) and keep our reputation of a war zone to the rest of world and then BAM reveal our true colours out of nowhere :siilaanyosmile:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts