Boqorada of Sspot AMA.

Gibiin-Udug

Crowned Queen of Puntland. Supporter of PuntExit
Here's your opportunity to ask me anything.

giphy.gif

Gibiin-Udug

If you could change one thing in the past of somali history, what would it be?
This is an interesting question, thank you for asking me this, to be honest I would change couple of things in Somali history but one thing I'm passionate about and would change would be for girls in the olden days to get an education. If our great grandmothers were educated, I'm sure they would have shaped Somalia and made it better.

Carawelo was the woman who castrated men and kept their testicles in a jar. Don't understimate Somali women. :win:
No offence but Caraweelo was clearly a tyrant (if she even existed) who ruled with more brutality than a despotic Roman Emperor.

Explains why there's no statue of her anywhere in Somalia, Somalis don't erect statues of tyrants. Xaawo Taako was a better woman in my opinion, a true feminine hero to all Somalis man or woman.

This is an interesting question, thank you for asking me this, to be honest I would change couple of things in Somali history but one thing I'm passionate about and would change would be for girls in the olden days to get an education. If our great grandmothers were educated, I'm sure they would have shaped Somalia and made it better.
Definitely. I’d love to go back in time and see young somali girls as scholars. The first woman to build a university was Arab. Imagine the amount of knowledge a somali woman would reach. To be honest I don’t think women back then were uneducated, if you ask me we might never know. Oral history held us back. I want to see women, instead of gossiping, learning. Alhamdullah we are rewriting and breaking generational curses

Gibiin-Udug

No offence but Caraweelo was clearly a tyrant (if she even existed) who ruled with more brutality than a despotic Roman Emperor.

Explains why there's no statue of her anywhere in Somalia, Somalis don't erect statues of tyrants. Xaawo Taako was a better woman in my opinion, a true feminine hero to all Somalis man or woman.
Caraweelo existed thousands of years ago, Xawo tako was killed in the 40s. Do you actually think Somali men would make a statue for caraweelo? The woman who made them bow down and question their masculinity. Long live Carawelo.

Gibiin-Udug

How’d you find sspot
Favorite Somali President
Thoughts on Khaaniis people
Thoughts on Siad Barre
Sports?
Music?
17 Alxamdullilah

5'9 oooops 5'6

I was invited by my cousin @Duchess

Abdirashid Ali Sharmake AUN

I don't have any thoughts about them because they don't exist in my mind.

Ruthless dictator

Don't like sports.

Love all types of music except metal rock.

Gibiin-Udug

Definitely. I’d love to go back in time and see young somali girls as scholars. The first woman to build a university was Arab. Imagine the amount of knowledge a somali woman would reach. To be honest I don’t think women back then were uneducated, if you ask me we might never know. Oral history held us back. I want to see women, instead of gossiping, learning. Alhamdullah we are rewriting and breaking generational curses

I love this, thank you for contributing to this thread, welcome to the forum btw.

Caraweelo existed thousands of years ago, Xawo tako was killed in the 40s. Do you actually think Somali men would make a statue for caraweelo? The woman who made them bow down and question their masculinity. Long live Carawelo.
I doubt she even existed, she's probably just a folk story like Hansel and Gretel or Red Riding hood. Something told to young nomad boys by their mothers to scare them into behaving.

I haven't got anything against Somali women, I think you all should choose more suitable heroines though. Preferably someone not made up and was believed to have cut genitals off innocent people. Just a thought.

17 Alxamdullilah

5'9 oooops 5'6

I was invited by my cousin @Duchess

Abdirashid Ali Sharmake AUN

I don't have any thoughts about them because they don't exist in my mind.

Ruthless dictator

Don't like sports.

Love all types of music except metal rock.
17? Oh wow you give off big sis energy. Mashallah, you’re young! What do you plan to study?

Trending

Latest posts