Bollywood in Somalia

Status
Not open for further replies.
During my brief stay in Somalia I have noticed that there is an obsession with bollywood films and actors. It is the sole form of entertainment for many of our young males and females back home and there is a huge market for it. There are literally thousands of these bollywood movies which are dubbed into somali.

Look at our youth :farmajoyaab:

These types of weddings are on the rise.
FDupaON.jpg

What do you guys think of this?

Young Popeye

Call me pops
Well according to the greeks the horn of africa was empty until a mass migration from the indus river:trumpsmirk: Harar went bollywood early its time Somalia joins:drakelaugh:

images

Well they can't watch hollywood movies, cuz they are often considered too vulgar in Somalia, and since Somalia doesn't have a movie industry their only outlet for "halal/acceptable" films are oviously bollywood movies

Benjamin

någon :)
During my brief stay in Somalia I have noticed that there is an obsession with bollywood films and actors. It is the sole form of entertainment for many of our young males and females back home and there is a huge market for it. There are literally thousands of these bollywood movies which are dubbed into somali.

Look at our youth :farmajoyaab:

These types of weddings are on the rise.
FDupaON.jpg

What do you guys think of this?

You know we hit a low point, when we start copying people who shit on the streets. :wowsweat:

_85319913_poop_protest.jpg

Nigeria has a healthy film industry. I wonder how their films do in the rest of africa....excluding somalia of course.

All these Bollywood movies are brain cancer :bell:
The characters :bell:
Same plot structure :bell:
Same dance sequences :bell:

It's like watching all 5 transformers movies and expecting something different for each movie

Same shit :bell:

Nigeria has a healthy film industry. I wonder how their films do in the rest of africa....excluding somalia of course.

It is very popular across Africa. I read somewhere that their film industry employs millions and brings in nearly a billion dollars into their economy. That alone should tell you something.

It is very popular across Africa. I read somewhere that their film industry employs millions and brings in nearly a billion dollars into their economy. That alone should tell you something.

Caribbean people in New York are into Nigerian movies in a big way.

Don't you watch western movies and wear western clothing? This is some of the entertainment that's available to them back home. I know a lot of them are into Turkish series now too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending