Blame Ourselves or Blame the Rulers

Blame Ourselves or Blame the Rulers – Imaam Ibnul Qayyim / Dr Saleh as Saleh

(from Dr Saleh as Saleh- there is text and audio form)

Imaam Ibnul Qayyim (rahimahullaah) talked about what people think is the fitnah of “our times”, i.e. meaning his own times, but this applies just as well to the contemporary fitnah of our own times. About the ways of Allaah (Azza wa Jal) in this creation vis-a-vis the rulers and the ruled, he said :

“And contemplate Allaah’s (Azza wa Jal) Wisdom when He made people of authority, making them a reflection of the ruled. It is as if the deeds of the ruled appear in the form and deeds of their rulers :
if the ruled are upright, then their rulers will be upright
if the ruled incline away from uprightness, then their rulers will do the same to them
if the ruled transgress and oppress, then their rulers will do the same to them
if there appears deception and plotting from the ruled, then it will be the same from their rulers
if the ruled take away the rights of the people and become miser as to the rights of others, then their rulers will do the same to them and deprive them of their rights
if the ruled take away from the oppressed /weak among them that which they deserve not to take in their transactions with them, then their rulers will do that towards the ruled’s wealth and take what they deserve not, and impose on theruled taxes and assignments
and whenever the ruled take from the oppressed and weak unjustly, then their rulers will do the same to them and take it by force
so the actions of the ruled appear in the actions of the rulers and it is not in the Divine Wisdom that Allaah (Azza wa Jal) assigns authority over the wicked and evils ones, EXCEPT to the ones who are of their own kind

Since the first generation was of the best generation and of the most righteous, … so were their leaders righteous
It is not befitting Allaah’s Wisdom that in “our times” (Ibnul Qayyim’s times) that those assigned to authority over us be the like of Muawwiya and ‘Umar bin ‘Abdul ‘Aziz, not to mention Abu Bakr and ‘Umar. The leaders of those before us were in accordance with their own conditions and ranks. Our leaders are in accordance with our own condition and rank. In both cases, this is entailed by the Wisdom of Allaah (Azza wa Jal).”

This is not backbiting- it's not like I'm telling you the person's name or anything like that and plus the person isn't Muslim.

I just want to mention this to illustrate the problem of trying to make everything about politics. I had this neighbor. He was a hadith rejector and also a drunk.

I would argue with him over his hadith rejector position. How can you even pray salaah if you reject hadith? He admitted he didn't know how to pray salaah.

But this guy was super into politics, big time supporter of Iran and the Houthis.

This is a problem I have with the whole "make everything about politics" approach- you can be a hadith rejector, drink alcohol, not even know how to pray salaah but from that standpoint it's all okay because you support Iran or have this or that other political viewpoint. Instead of working on what is actually in our control as ordinary people and working to better ourselves- we're supposed to focus on things that are outside of our control and outside of what we're actually responsible for.

I believe in what Ibn Qayim said and I think people have corrupt leaders because the people are corrupt. I think it's our own fault and we should be focused on reforming ourselves, on reforming the people and not be focused on this ruler or that ruler. But trying to reform the people- that is a long, gradual approach and it isn't overnight. Instead I think people want instant results. Supposedly, we need to be all about politics and we all need to turn every Muslim country into Syria- then once the country is in flames, women are being raped and people are starving, somehow this will... will... do whatever this is supposed to do.

images

this whole concept that

images

I think it has more to do with people like George Washington, Thomas Jefferson, Karl Marx than being something that actually comes from Islam.

The Quran says Allah will not change the condition of a people until they change what is in themselves.

So it is an inner transformation within the people. The Quran explains it but people want to promote a Karl Marx type approach rather than the approach that was taught by the Quran.

I was just talking to someone about what happened on January 6th when the Republicans stormed the capital.

Who actually benefitted from it? Let's face it- the party that actually benefitted was the Democrats. After that happened, they could paint the Republicans as terrorists.

It doesn't matter what your religious beliefs are- any serious analysis would have to conclude that January 6 was a bad move for the Republicans.

Now- if the Republicans had actually seized power in a coup, that might have been somewhat of a win for the Republicans. But I don't think any objective, reasonable analysis can conclude that January 6 was a win for the Republicans.

They went exactly by the book of what the "revolution" types promote, they stormed the capital and the outcome was a strategic victory for their enemies. I don't play chess but I know- you play chess based on intellect, you don't make your moves in chess based on your emotions.

Muzaffer

𝕮𝖔𝖒𝖗𝖆𝖉𝖊 𝕲𝖊𝖓𝖊𝖗𝖆𝖑
we need to rebel against these warlords of our time but of course with preparations

TekNiKo

“I am an empathic and emotionally-aware person.
VIP
Better to have a bad ruler than rebellion with no plan that will lead to more problems. I am sure if you ask Libyans now, they would rather have Qadaafi than current situation.
Would you prefer Siyad rule after 91 and 30 years of Mayhem?

Muzaffer

𝕮𝖔𝖒𝖗𝖆𝖉𝖊 𝕲𝖊𝖓𝖊𝖗𝖆𝖑
Kenya wouldnt be bombing us today they used to send female soldiers to the Border and they would run how low we have fallen:snoop:
yeah i believe on slow save progress toward stability

Removed

Gif-King
VIP
Removing a leader forcefully is not inherently a good or bad move its the conditions around it that decide that.

The concept of let us do what we want and go back to your masjid in quiet and curse others who oppose us on the basis of “they have to tell us in person” is obviously only in favor of tyrants. The Sahaba never pushed this idealogy of excessive obedience but we are led to believe its the true “salafi”/traditional outlook.

Trending