Black Student Group Complains Ivy League School Is Letting In Too Many African Students

Status
Not open for further replies.
:bell:

They want free handouts everywhere, even Ivy League handouts. They already have affirmative action which makes it easier for them get into colleges. They want white people to not only feed them but chew the food for them too:bell:
Africans work hard. Hard work gets you places. Black Americans have their hand out for free things, which is why their community is what it is.

VixR

Veritas
"We demand that Cornell Admissions to come up with a plan to actively increase the presence of underrepresented Black students on this campus. We define underrepresented Black students as Black Americans who have several generations (more than two) in this country.
The Black student population at Cornell disproportionately represents international or first-generation African or Caribbean students. While these students have a right to flourish at Cornell, there is a lack of investment in Black students whose families were affected directly by the African Holocaust in America. Cornell must work to actively support students whose families have been impacted for generations by white supremacy and American fascism."

:gucciwhat:
WTF is wrong with these people. There's a laugh trapped somewhere in my throat, but now I'm just perplexed. What exactly do they want the college to do?

Gibiin-Udug

Crowned Queen of Puntland. Supporter of PuntExit
The Daily Caller is a conservative website so be careful about that headline, it tricked a lot of people on Twitter. From my understanding of it, the African-American students simply wanted to have as much resources allocated to them as the African students. They didn't have to make a big show of it though

Here is the actual letter itself. Make of it what you will
https://legalinsurrection.com/wp-co...ell-Black-Students-United-List-of-Demands.pdf
There you go, always making excuses for blms.

Hey everyone lets form a mob and chase FSMDOA.

1490026940-1490021024-hbz-meryl-meme-index-1.jpg

"We demand that all students, undergraduate and graduate, to have appropriate, ongoing, and mandatory coursework that deals with issues of identity (such as race, class, religion, ability status, sexual/romantic orientation, gender, citizenship status, etc.). We want this coursework to be explicitly focused on systems of power and privilege in the United States and centering the voices of oppressed people, assembled by professional diversity consultants and student leaders. Every Dean of every college should implement this requirement, and hire faculty to teach this work who are well equipped to do so."

and who's going to pay for this? :cosbyhmm:

"We demand that all students, undergraduate and graduate, to have appropriate, ongoing, and mandatory coursework that deals with issues of identity (such as race, class, religion, ability status, sexual/romantic orientation, gender, citizenship status, etc.). We want this coursework to be explicitly focused on systems of power and privilege in the United States and centering the voices of oppressed people, assembled by professional diversity consultants and student leaders. Every Dean of every college should implement this requirement, and hire faculty to teach this work who are well equipped to do so."

and who's going to pay for this? :cosbyhmm:
mexico

Apollo

VIP
I'm not black, but if I lived in the US I would check black on college applications to benefit from some of that white guilt (affirmative action).

:bell:

They want free handouts everywhere, even Ivy League handouts. They already have affirmative action which makes it easier for them get into colleges. They want white people to not only feed them but chew the food for them too:bell:
Africans work hard. Hard work gets you places. Black Americans have their hand out for free things, which is why their community is what it is.

Africans work hard you said? Hard work gets you places?

l_2438_1dfc13ab2f39b2c531fb43183156ff14

I'm not black, but if I lived in the US I would check black on college applications to benefit from some of that white guilt (affirmative action).
affirmative action wasn't formed from white guilt but actually the opposite
it was made to keep the majority of blacks happy by giving token blacks acceptance

Whites truly are something else

Apollo

VIP
affirmative action wasn't formed from white guilt but actually the opposite
it was made to keep the majority of blacks happy by giving token blacks acceptance

Whites truly are something else

It's from white guilt over slavery and its socioeconomic after-effects. They threw them a bone.

Africans shouldn't be allowed to get it. Only US Americans of slave stock.

VixR

Veritas
Africans work hard you said? Hard work gets you places?

l_2438_1dfc13ab2f39b2c531fb43183156ff14
It's a fact, African immigrants do well in Western countries, and yes, they are hard-working and smart. But one wonders what prevents those minds from doing well in their native countries? It's like the infrastructure discourages it, or isn't there.

It's a fact, African immigrants do well in Western countries, and yes, they actually are hard-working and smart. But one wonders what prevents those minds from doing well in their native countries? It's like the infrastructure discourages it, or isn't there.

True. Some African immigrants do well over here due to the immigration policy that only allows high skilled immigrants to move here. Look up immigration act of 1964. Theres a difference between coming in as refugee and an immigrant. The immigrant is already established in terms of career wise and financially whereas the refugee is starting everything from scratch.

They might have a legit grievance since its possible that these are places reserved for minorities that africans and caribbeans are taking....some of these same people who hate on AAs benefitting from their hard won battles. Somalis may have benefitted from these reserved spots. If i were AA i would be a bit perturbed as well.

VixR

Veritas
They might have a legit grievance since its possible that these are places reserved for minorities that africans and caribbeans are taking....some of these same people who hate on AAs benefitting from their hard won battles. Somalis may have benefitted from these reserved spots. If i were AA i would be a bit perturbed as well.
Aren't you African?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending