Young Black men are killing themselves at alarming rates

I don’t want to sound rude but I’ve never heard a case about a farah offing himself, I’m sure it’s happened, but suicide is very very rare amongst Somalis.

I don’t want to sound rude but I’ve never heard a case about a farah offing himself, I’m sure it’s happened, but suicide is very very rare amongst Somalis.
Cause we know you’re going to hell plus if a persons to depressed they just run straight to the deen . I’ve seen it first hand

Being dhuxul plays a part in a society thats sees u lesser then by association.

The continent of africa amplifies this sterotype by the dish lips spear chuckin half naked in the 21century you find on youtube/google.

I see it daily on my commute to work how ppl would stare and distance themselves from reer @Nilotic . Some will br shock and leave the cart for another.

Over time this take a toll. We as somalis blend in towards the brown crowd so its less of society mad dogging us.

Basra

LOVE is a product of Doqoniimo mixed with lust
Let Them Eat Cake
VIP
its more mental illness rampancy's than anything

It happens but it’s kept very hush hush, as it’s taboo to talk about. Their family just tells everyone that they “passed in their sleep”.

Big component for people to ''Self delete'' themselves is sense of thwarted belonging and percieved burdensomness. Most don't do it because they are mentally ill or depressed (unless your ill is a fleeting feeling).

It's true what the second poster said, it's generally rare in religious communities or close knit communities like Somalis. Because there is always a sense of belonging and acceptance through your family/ethnic or religious/cultural affiliations and networks.

Also a community/family where people share and support one another will lessen someones feeling of perceived burdensomness. Research has shown a lack of social support could lead to these perceptions.

Last edited:

Trending

Latest posts