Biracial NBA player reveals his mothers side didn’t want him around growing up

Kisame

Plotting world domination
That's subjective at the end of the day, i'm not saying your opinion isn't valid. Yemen has long history with the horn of africa, both influenced each other. Somalis were very influential in areas like the aden, and even built some cities. Also key difference, northern yemenis are known to be much more racist. Southern yemenis you have many with a similar skin tone, like the mehris for example

"Also key difference, northern yemenis are known to be much more racist. Southern yemenis you have many with a similar skin tone, like the mehris for example"

Didn't know there was a difference between the north and south yemenis. Just learned something new thanks.

:mjpls:

But aren’t somalis just as racist and would they not frown just as much upon a half cadaan kid than the cadaans would

stop trying to make somalis seem innocent when we are just as racist,can your stupid brain remember why half italian somalis left somalia ?
Its because they were shunned and frowned upon for being half white
Half Italians should have been shunned. Why was one of your parents dating a colonizer??? :draketf:

NidarNidar

Punisher
Whose we? Somalis have thin noses and caucasian features,A somali has more of the so called beauty standards than asians
Stop trying to group us with victims who we share nothing but skin color with
She isn't trying to group us, but she is telling the truth, I've seen casual racism in my time in corporate world, especially from elderly people "you look so handsome, unlike them x" I just smile and move on, I'm getting paid so I don't give a damn about some old white lady.

johnsepei5

Head of Somalia freemasonry branch
Again such terms are oudated. Also you can find sahelian and west african who do look like that, it's not necessarily a unique thing to horners.
The Sahelians who you believe to resemble Horners are just madow bantu folks with slim noses,if you look at them you will see they have retained most of their madoe features except for nose

Whose we? Somalis have thin noses and caucasian features,A somali has more of the so called beauty standards than asians
Stop trying to group us with victims who we share nothing but skin color with
Don't you people get tired of ignoring the fact that we're still grouped as black in the West despite our ethnic differences from African-American/Carribean people?

Not really. How would you explain Arabs who were out in the sun favouring fairer complexion over darker skin?
I'm not one of the resident SSpot geneticists, so I'm not the right person to answer your question. Try asking Adeer @Melancholic - he knows his shit.

Arabs are more of an overarching cultural/linguistic identity, many of them being heavily multiethnic, possessing admixture, so even if I had a decent knowledge base on the topic, I still wouldn't feel comfortable answering in depth because of how messy their situation compared to our insular identity.
I can't speak for all cultures which is why I said "many" and not even "most". But it's definitely something that existed across cultures. India is another well known example of a place where colourism existed well before colonialism.
Agreed. It's very context-dependent and there's a lot to think about from culture-to-culture. I can't just project my own biases shaped by my short Gen-Z life experiences onto 1000s of years of history.
No, it doesn't have to be about "self-hate". I don't think we had self-hate either but we probably did consider fairer complexion to be more attractive if we go by terms like "caday/cadow" being endearments and "madow/dhuxul" being insults. But I don't know if this specifically existed pre-colonialism.
I think you misunderstood me.

I never meant to imply we had a self-hate problem, I was just saying that's what it looks like to most people at a glance.

I'm not one of the resident SSpot geneticists, so I'm not the right person to answer your question. Try asking Adeer @Melancholic - he knows his shit.

Arabs are more of an overarching cultural/linguistic identity, many of them being heavily multiethnic, possessing admixture, so even if I had a decent knowledge base on the topic, I still wouldn't feel comfortable answering in depth because of how messy their situation compared to our insular identity.

I meant the old Arabs, not modern Arabs. The time of Antarah Ibn Shaddad and his like.

Agreed. It's very context-dependent and there's a lot to think about from culture-to-culture. I can't just project my own biases shaped by my short Gen-Z life experiences onto 1000s of years of history.

I don't think stating that colourism was an issue that existed pre-colonialism is a bias. Unless you're making a different point?

I think you misunderstood me.

I never meant to imply we had a self-hate problem, I was just saying that's what it looks like to most people at a glance.

I did misunderstand you, but not in the way you think lol. I thought you were implying that if we had a pre-existing preference for light skin, before Bollywood and other foreign influence, that would indicate that we had self-hate.

I agree that the skin-bleaching problem is as a result of recent influence, but I also think we may have still had a preference for lighter complexions beforehand. Not in any extreme way, but still present.

The Sahelians who you believe to resemble Horners are just madow bantu folks with slim noses,if you look at them you will see they have retained most of their madoe features except for nose
the nose for Cushitic was during they ice age when the Ethiopian highlands were colder and some people lived low land for meadows and upland according to season... stop racializing