Big Brain people use Anki

Yahya

2020 GRANDMASTER
VIP
Each language I've learnt over the years so that takes up about 60% .So the main deck would have Vocab, Grammar, Reading , Translations and Listening, random newspaper articles . For any Social science based topic I would just break down each chapter into a deck and learn it that way. For my further maths/physics/chem exam I made the Formulae and statistical tables for the exam booklet into a deck. So I would see a question and I would have to answer which formula it required , for me it's been super helpful.

Also random stuff like philosophy arguments and there defintions and some examples. I use anki for anything lol
How can i use it for science based subjects? do you have a tutorial i could use?

Apollo

VIP
:gucciwhat:

You’re sounding like my friend @Apollo with this ethnicity based suugo science

Lol, well a bit more on-topic: ironically I have used this app called Anki many times in the past.

It is good for language learning or when in university/college to memorize the definition of jargon. @Calaf @Medulla

Reer Dhaqan Celis could also use it to learn Somali with it.

It is one of the most popular apps for serious language learners. @CaliTedesse

Medulla

Bah Qabiil Fluid
How can i use it for science based subjects? do you have a tutorial i could use?

Watch the third video just use the same format as med students do it still works. There are many premade decks you can search up on the anki program which can give you a better idea of how to make yours! Most videos about anki are from Med and Language students but it still works for others

Medulla

Bah Qabiil Fluid
Lol, well a bit more on-topic: ironically I have used this app called Anki many times in the past.

It is good for language learning or when in university/college to memorize the definition of jargon. @Calaf @Medulla

Reer Dhaqan Celis could also use it to learn Somali with it.

It is one of the most popular apps for serious language learners. @CaliTedesse

I'm currently making a deck based on the book "Colloquial Somali
Book by Martin Orwin" I need to get better at writing somali so i'll convert the whole book into Anki friendly format. I

Last edited:
How do you guys go about remembering new information ? Are you tirelessy spending overs reading books and note-taking only to find yourself forgeting information with ease.

It's time you used spaced Repetition , It's the Future, the Past and the Present

Anki basically does two things:

It is a tool to make flash cards
It is a tool that tells you what flash cards to study each day

Now number one is nothing fancy. There are a bazillion flashcard programs and you can use note cards to the same effect. No biggie.

Number two is where the action is at. When you see a card you tell Anki if you got it right, wrong, and how hard it was if you got it right. If you got it right and it was easy you won't see it again for a while. If you had trouble with it you will see it soon. You could do this by hand but it's complicated. Anki will do it automatically and will manage a collection of thousands of cards. The material you have learned will be reviewed rarely. Every six months or year eventually. Material which you just started learning will be reviewed regularly.

That's it...

https://apps.ankiweb.net/ < Here is the download link if your already interested in it.

I'll give a brief explantation on how it has helped me up to this point in my life. I've never been good at academics it wasn't till I came across /r/medschool subreddit that things finally changed . Up to that point I've always had average grades with no real prospects of studying abroad in a respected institution. But this shit did a 180 to my life my grades got better and I won a scholarship to study abroad. I use anki for EVERYTHING it's the reason I've been able to pass all my exams with ease. It's helped me pass the HSK,JLPT and TOPIK exams. I'm plan on taking TOEIC in April but I'm confident I will do well. I know some people have even used it to memorise the quran.

In the UK we write essay plans based on what we assume may pop up in our exams, the only problem with this is it takes to long to remember the plans, so you're limtied to maybe one or two topics. However, with anki not only can you remember these essay plans you CAN EVEN WRITE A WHOLE POTENTIAL essay and remember all before the exam even starts. This form of memorizing helps no matter the subject, you want to memorize certain vocab , philosophical concepts or grammar points well you CAN DO JUST THAT! Why spend hours trying to memorize small paragraphs. By using anki I spend like 15 mins a day reviewing cards but in the begining it was more like 40mins. There are already premade decks on many subjects, you'll have to make your own to make the most use of the app. You can add mnemics , audio and videos to each card as well. Remember when making a card makesure it's "clauze deletion"

Example:

Here are some good videos on anki:

This is just a long video on anki watch this lasted ignore my order LOL

This video focuses on Chinese but you can use this knowledge for any language. Also watch this video on 1.75x or 2.00 speed he speaks far to slow in order to make it a 10 Min video

SKIP TO 3:05 THIS VIDEO PROBABLY HELPS U UNDERSTAND THE QUICKEST

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
The guy literally improved the song :ohhhdamn: