Biden might win the election, odds say!

Goldman Strategists Say Sell Dollar on Biden Odds, Vaccine

The dollar may tumble to its lows of 2018 on the rising likelihood of Joe Biden winning the U.S. election and progress on a coronavirus vaccine, according to Goldman Sachs Group Inc.

“The risks are skewed toward dollar weakness, and we see relatively low odds of the most dollar-positive outcome -- a win by Mr. Trump combined with a meaningful vaccine delay,” strategists including Zach Pandl wrote in a note Friday. “A ‘blue wave’ U.S. election and favorable news on the vaccine timeline could return the trade-weighted dollar and DXY index to their 2018 lows.”

775x-1.png

The ICE U.S. Dollar Index has fallen more than 3% so far this year -- trading just over the 93 level on Monday -- as investors reacted to unprecedented pandemic-related monetary stimulus from the Federal Reserve and rock-bottom interest rates. The gauge traded below 89 in 2018, a level which would imply a further slide of more than 4%.

Goldman joins the likes of UBS Asset Management and Invesco Ltd. in predicting a weaker dollar as Biden extends his lead over President Donald Trump with less than three weeks to election day. It recommends investors short the dollar against a volatility-weighted basket consisting of the Mexican peso, South African rand and Indian rupee.

The strategists also suggest buying the euro, Canadian and Australian dollars against the greenback. The firm is keeping open long recommendations for the yuan through unhedged Chinese government bonds.

“The wide margin in current polls reduces the risk of a delayed election result, and the prospect for near-term vaccine breakthroughs may provide a backstop for risky assets,” they wrote.

Karim

I could agree with you but then we’d both be wrong
HALYEEY
VIP
Swing States of 2016 like Michigan, Pennsylvania, Florida and Wisconsin ae massively in favour of Biden. Even Texas who used to be a republican stronghold is a swing State in this election. Trump should curse the Chinese virus because without it he'd have won this election easily.

Isn't this the same nigga who wants to lower our wages and increase our taxes? Anybody who votes for him isn't mentally stable. Plus he's old in age, Kamala could become a president one day if Joe is elected. Now Trump might not be the best either... but I'd rather have him a second term than Joe Biden, he just needs to keep this virus under control.

Karim

I could agree with you but then we’d both be wrong
HALYEEY
VIP
Isn't this the same nigga who wants to lower our wages and increase our taxes? Anybody who votes for him isn't mentally stable. Plus he's old in age, Kamala could become a president one day if Joe is elected. Now Trump might not be the best either... but I'd rather have him a second term than Joe Biden, he just needs to keep this virus under control.
Trump would've destroyed Biden if Corona virus wasn't there. I genuinely believe Dems and the Chinese government are behind this virus just to get rid of Trump and enhance their chances of winning the election. They are evil.

Trump would've destroyed Biden if Corona virus wasn't there. I genuinely believe Dems and the Chinese government are behind this virus just to get rid of Trump and enhance their chances of winning the election. They are evil.
I used to be under that democrat spell but honestly my eyes are starting to open. They said he was gonna start a war with NK and Russia but he squashed the beef. He's done more for AA's than Obama who is an AA himself. Economy was at an all-time best b4 Covid-19 happened. Niggas just hate him because he speaks his mind. He says some dumb shit but at least this mf gets shit done in office. Obama talked all sweet n friendly and didn't do nothing for 8 years, Trump might not sound all friendly but wallahi he gets shit done in office.

Yea them dems xaasids and corrupters. They care about themselves only.

That old man will suffer a heartattack then that indian lady will take over. Then she will all black men and hide the evidence of your innocence, like she used to do as a prosecutor.

Alluring

Sayonara
Are you voting for Biden? I'm curious. I'm guessing most Somalis don't vote anyway. Not because it's a safe state, but because y'all don't give a shit
Yes, it's my first time voting but I am going to vote for Biden. I don't understand why some don't want to vote, it's a responsibility and all these people not voting will work in Trump's favor.

Bronco

GEELJIRE WITH NO GEEL
Yes, it's my first time voting but I am going to vote for Biden. I don't understand why some don't want to vote, it's a responsibility and all these people not voting will work in Trump's favor.

Tbh, voted for the far left party in my local election - but I wouldn't vote for Biden if I were American. Too many shenanigans from the democrats.

Last edited: