Best Self-help Books for Women.

Hodan from HR

Be Kind Online.
Staff Member
More than once the ladies here have suggest we should discuss and target topics about women's spiritual and mental growth. I think self-help books are a great way to make sense of our world and unlearn habits that are harmful to us.

If I had to recommend one book to any young somali woman trying to understand her relationships and wants to take accountability for her life, it will be this book.
Screenshot_20210112-192748_Aldiko.jpg

I like how it defines love as the will to extend one's self for the purpose of nurturing one's own and another's spiritual growth.

Share your favorite self-help books that you felt resonated with you as a somali diaspora woman. It can range anything from psychology to Islam and so on. 🙃

More than once the ladies here have suggest we should discuss and target topics about women's spiritual and mental growth. I think self-help books are a great way to make sense of our world and unlearn habits that are harmful to us.

If I had to recommend one book to any young somali woman trying to understand her relationships and wants to take accountability for her life, it will be this book.
View attachment 165526

I like how it defines love as the will to extend one's self for the purpose of nurturing one's own and another's spiritual growth.

Share your favorite self-help books that you felt resonated with you as a somali diaspora woman. It can range anything from psychology to Islam and so on. 🙃

Hi HofH! 😊 Haven’t seen you around much lately. Thanks for this recommendation! Should we start a book club kinda thing honestly? Read and discuss sorta thing? 🙏

Hodan from HR

Be Kind Online.
Staff Member
Hi HofH! 😊 Haven’t seen you around much lately. Thanks for this recommendation! Should we start a book club kinda thing honestly? Read and discuss sorta thing? 🙏

Heeyyy Amirah ☺
I've been little busy with settling in my new place. How are things on your side?

A book club that targets us women would be great! Idk how to go about it. Do you have any ideas? 🙃

IstarZ

A mere finger can’t obscure the sun.
Heeyyy Amirah ☺
I've been little busy with settling in my new place. How are things on your side?

A book club that targets us women would be great! Idk how to go about it. Do you have any ideas? 🙃

It would be great if we had a private section for women only. We could talk candidly without interference. Female MODs could verify members.

Heeyyy Amirah ☺

Did you move recently? Hope you’re not living alone...it’s depressing trust me 😢

Honestly no idea, was thinking maybe we just start a thread in women’s den and recruit others to read a book and have a discussion maybe? Not sure didn’t think this through 😂

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

I know it may seem like that and honestly at first it is. No buuq, no one telling you what to do, no one making a mess you have to clean after but after awhile the most depressing feeling comes over you. You’ll start hating going home at end of your work day and will see yourself exploring the city just so you don’t go home lol. You’ll start to hate to cook because cooking for one is not nearly as fun. Also it’s kinda expensive to live alone. If you just want to get away from family, I think roommating with one or two others is more ideal but also it’s more drama.

The quran and sunnah. This applies to men too. The reason why many people go for self help is because they need guidance on how to fix themselves. I've gone through that phase and the best self help books are the Quran, hadith & sunnah.

Hodan from HR

Be Kind Online.
Staff Member

Guys, lets start by having a list of books in this thread then we can vote a book to read and have a discussion on. Please share any self-help book you find interesting, it doesn't have to be your favorite and we can go from there 🙏 😇

Guys, lets start by having a list of books in this thread then we can vote a book to read and have a discussion on. Please share any self-help book you find interesting, it doesn't have to be your favorite and we can go from there 🙏 😇

Mash’Allah! If I roommate which I will if I don’t get married soon I’m going go this route...find Muslim roommates 🙏

I’ve been busy with work, haven’t read much lately so hopefully others can contribute.

Daring Greatly by Brene Brown

These ones are not geared towards women:

The Body Keeps the Score by Bessel Van der Kolk
Your money or Your Life by Vicki Robin and Joe Dominguez

Last edited:

Hodan from HR

Be Kind Online.
Staff Member
20210127_225143.jpg

20210127_225014.jpg

Not every message in a book may apply to you.

If you come across points that are not applicable to your life as an individual, just skip them 🙃

Last edited:

Hodan from HR

Be Kind Online.
Staff Member
What is your opinion on the last book?
It is a very well thought and practical book. I loved how the author did not just mention Islamic practices but also showed how it can be applicable to our modern lifestyle (psychology, nutrition,seeking knowledge) 🙃

Trending