Best countries to live in Europe, 2016.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Apollo

VIP
wSqVT2z.jpg

It is becoming more and more clear that GDP (gross domestic product) alone is not a good indicator of a country’s performance. For example, when a country’s law system is very complex and requires lots of expensive lawyers, money spent on lawyers will count towards higher GDP, even though this is clearly not a good thing for the country and its citizens.

That is why The Boston Consulting Group (BCG) developed a better way to measure “sustainable well-being” of a country, based on 44 different indicators, and GDP per capita is only one of them. The indicators measure, among others, the rate of unemployment, inflation, prevalence of diseases, life expectancy, quality and accessibility of education, quality of infrastructure, state of the environment, control of corruption, press freedom, and much more.

https://www.bcgperspectives.com/Ima...pportunity-to-Improve-Well-Being-Jul-2016.pdf

For comparison:

Rest of the West:
Australia: 87.9
Canada: 85.4
NZ: 85.0
United States: 83.7

Horn region:
Ethiopia: 25.8
Kenya: 21.5
Djibouti: 18.2

:cosbyhmm:

Apollo

VIP
100 for Norway lol.

That oil money probably pulled them over the rest of the Nords.

How's Ethiopia above Kenya though?

Dunno, you have to look into all the figures. Guess they were better on some aspects.

My guess Somalia's score would be -9000 if there was adequate data :francis:
Lol @ Spain being 83.

Don't they have official unemployment rate of 25%?

44 different metrics are used. It's not just economics.

Last edited:
f*ck Norway them niggas wouldn't give me more than $110 for the whole school year smfh. My older siblings used to get over $200 MONTHLY. I can't afford drugs for the whole school year with what is basically pocket change.

Apollo

VIP
We'll Scandinavian countries are welfare countries and France and Germany have adapted some of their models. I'm surprised by the UK.

Some parts of the UK are ultra ghetto.

Parts of Wales and Cornwall are almost as poor as Eastern Europe.

Khathead

tfw no habesha gf
f*ck Norway them niggas wouldn't give me more than $110 for the whole school year smfh. My older siblings used to get over $200 MONTHLY. I can't afford drugs for the whole school year with what is basically pocket change.
I went from getting $350 a month to $150 a month. Now I'm forced to work since the money is gone within 3 days
:mjcry:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending