Berbera port on the verge of closing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bohol

VIP
No, your agenda is well known. I think Somalilanders can think for themselves. They will vote for their interests.

I doubt it. If that was the case we wouldn't have a state of khat addicts that voluntarily give $600 million to Ethiopia annually.

Bohol

VIP
And you know this, how? Do you have statistics?

Show me anywhere else in Somali inhabited areas where 90% of adult males chew khat? $1 million a day, $28 million a month and
$336 million a year.

• Around 90 percent of adult males in Somaliland chew the narcotic plant khat. They’re after 'mirqaan,' the Somali word for the buzz that it can give. Somalilanders spend a total of more than $1 million (930,000 euros) a day on khat. 'My friends lend me the money,' said Abdikhalid when asked how he can afford khat even though he is out of work. 'Once I’m employed again I will return the favor.'
    18367058_303.jpg
http://www.dw.com/en/chewing-khat-in-somaliland/g-18371308

What the hell are DP World playing at? my guess is they want to kill off competition to
any of their ports in the UAE since oil is running out.

Daawo Warbixin Laga Diyaariyey Xaaladda Dekeda Berbera Oo Qarka U Saaran Inay Xidhanto Iyo Ballan-qaadyadii DP World Ee Dekeda Oo Madhalays Noqday

Hargeysa(Ramaas)September.10,2017-Dekeda magaalada Berbera ayaa waxay qarka u saaran tahay inay albaabadu u laabmaan,waxaana warbixin laga diyaariyey xaaladda dekeda ee wakhtiga iyo ballan qaadyadii Dp World oo madhalays noqday.

http://ramaasnews.com/daawo-warbixi...yadii-dp-world-ee-dekeda-oo-madhalays-noqday/
As was always planned, just like they did with the port in Yemen. UAE don't want any competition, and our location is more strategic and serves higher population figures.

Agent 47

21st Divsion of Somali National Army
beesha barakeysan's ports are safe from those fat cats:gaasdrink:
we f*ck with the Turks and the Chinese.:siilaanyosmile:
I remember telling beesha waqooyi galbeed about what the fat cats did to Yemen and they said "you're mad about our development" so I'm just going to watch from the side lines:dabcasar:

waraabe

Your superior
ramaasnews is a neutral website and as you can see from the video the people in it also admit it. There
is a whole documentary made about it from ministers to the port workers and this nicca wants to come here with "WADANI".

:fantasia2:

It's wadani mouth piece

waraabe

Your superior
They have been saying this since Dpw came :chrisfreshhah:

Wadani the failed party voted for this, fat cirro' down MPs rejected his calaacal. Now for the last year they have been trying to spread fake news :drakelaugh:

Desperate times call for desperate measures :manny:

Show me anywhere else in Somali inhabited areas where 90% of adult males chew khat? $1 million a day, $28 million a month and
$336 million a year.

• Around 90 percent of adult males in Somaliland chew the narcotic plant khat. They’re after 'mirqaan,' the Somali word for the buzz that it can give. Somalilanders spend a total of more than $1 million (930,000 euros) a day on khat. 'My friends lend me the money,' said Abdikhalid when asked how he can afford khat even though he is out of work. 'Once I’m employed again I will return the favor.'
    18367058_303.jpg
http://www.dw.com/en/chewing-khat-in-somaliland/g-18371308

And your solution is booty shaking 4 reer konforeed :ayaanswag:

They consume more Khat than Somaliland, according to the only statistics available.

In all Somalia, 36.4% of respondents reported khat intake in the week previous to the interview (99% CI 19.3%–57.7%; see Table 3), with the highest levels of all in Bay/Bakol and Mogadishu South (69.4%, 99% CI 64.5%–74.2% and 61.4%, 99% CI 57.0%–65.8%). The estimates for the northern and southern/central part of the country did not differ (26.2%, 99% CI 14.6%–42.5% versus 50.7%, 99% CI 28.9%–72.2%). However, excessive khat use and its related effects seem to be more frequent in southern/central Somalia: consumption of more than two “bundles” per day in the previous week was less frequent in the northern part than in southern/central Somalia (4.0%, 99% CI 3.1%–5.2% versus 28.9%, 99% CI 9.6%–60.9%). Also in this region a greater number of respondents reported more than one sleepless night due to khat chewing in the week prior to the interview (14.5%, 99% CI 11.1–18.5 versus 64.5%, 99% CI 56.1–72.1); but habitual consumption in a solitary setting was not significantly different between regions (11.6%, 99% CI 7.6%–17.4% versus 18.2%, 99% CI 8.9%–33.6%). The self-reported, quantitative information about individual khat chewing in the week before the interview follows the same trend (see Table 4): khat chewing respondents reported that they consumed on average 9.8 “bundles” (SE = 2.1, 99% CI 2.0–17.5) and had 1.7 sleepless nights due to chewing khat in the previous week (SE = 0.4, 99% CI 0.1–3.3). Again, the differences in the reported number of sleepless nights due to khat use in the previous week between northern and southern/central Somalia were evident (0.7, 99% CI 0.6–0.9 versus 2.4, 99% CI 1.8–3.0) but not significant with respect to the consumed quantity (5.7, 99% CI 4.7–6.6 versus 12.7, 99% CI 4.9–20.6). On a regional level, we found the largest consumed quantities (expressed in bundles) in the samples in Mogadishu South (including Lower Shabelle and the “Km 50 Airport,” where many khat-delivering planes land daily: 15.9, 99% CI 14.4–17.5) and in Kismayo (including Lower and Middle Juba; 20.8, 99% CI 18.0–23.6), the two regions closest to the Kenyan border, from where the largest quantity of khat imports arrive. Figure 1 displays graphically the differences between the north and central/southern Somalia.

Khat.JPG

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2121109/

Bohol

VIP
@Foreman That doesn't tell us how much they spend on khat annually. Were's
Somaliland khat imports figures are in the hundreds of millions of dollars.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending