Beledxaawo city vs afmadow district

cow

VIP
jubbaland total households = 381887
jubbaland total MP's = 75
afmadow housholds = 32000

so if we do 381887 / 75 = 5091

so every MP should represent 5091 household

lets be generous and say all of afmadow is one clan ogadeen.

so 32000 / 5091 = 6

they should have 6 MPS and not 21 - no wonder ahmed madoobe needs kenya and culusow so babysit him in kismaayo. he is a minority

juba.png

Cush

Cushite Arab
jubbaland total households = 381887
jubbaland total MP's = 75
afmadow housholds = 32000

so if we do 381887 / 75 = 5091

so every MP should represent 5091 household

lets be generous and say all of afmadow is one clan ogadeen.

so 32000 / 5091 = 6

they should have 6 MPS and not 21 - no wonder ahmed madoobe needs kenya and culusow so babysit him in kismaayo. he is a minority

View attachment 291259
How many houses are in the rest of Juba

cow

VIP
@cow can I have the code you used?

var t = ee.FeatureCollection('GOOGLE/Research/open-buildings/v3/polygons');

var t_065_070 = t.filter('confidence >= 0.65 && confidence < 0.7');
var t_070_075 = t.filter('confidence >= 0.7 && confidence < 0.75');
var t_gte_075 = t.filter('confidence >= 0.75');

// Add the layers to the map
Map.addLayer(t_065_070, { color: 'FF0000' }, 'Buildings confidence [0.65; 0.7)');
Map.addLayer(t_070_075, { color: 'FFFF00' }, 'Buildings confidence [0.7; 0.75)');
Map.addLayer(t_gte_075, { color: '00FF00' }, 'Buildings confidence >= 0.75');

// Count the number of buildings within the geometry and print the result
var buildingsWithingeometry = t.filterBounds(geometry);
var totalBuildingsWithingeometry = buildingsWithingeometry.size();
print('Total number of detected buildings within measured area:', totalBuildingsWithingeometry);

// Set the center of the map and the options
Map.setCenter(49.205727, 11.235906, 7); // Set center to the approximate coordinates of Dhulbahante
Map.setOptions('SATELLITE');

var t = ee.FeatureCollection('GOOGLE/Research/open-buildings/v3/polygons');

var t_065_070 = t.filter('confidence >= 0.65 && confidence < 0.7');
var t_070_075 = t.filter('confidence >= 0.7 && confidence < 0.75');
var t_gte_075 = t.filter('confidence >= 0.75');

// Add the layers to the map
Map.addLayer(t_065_070, { color: 'FF0000' }, 'Buildings confidence [0.65; 0.7)');
Map.addLayer(t_070_075, { color: 'FFFF00' }, 'Buildings confidence [0.7; 0.75)');
Map.addLayer(t_gte_075, { color: '00FF00' }, 'Buildings confidence >= 0.75');

// Count the number of buildings within the geometry and print the result
var buildingsWithingeometry = t.filterBounds(geometry);
var totalBuildingsWithingeometry = buildingsWithingeometry.size();
print('Total number of detected buildings within measured area:', totalBuildingsWithingeometry);

// Set the center of the map and the options
Map.setCenter(49.205727, 11.235906, 7); // Set center to the approximate coordinates of Dhulbahante
Map.setOptions('SATELLITE');
Open up your dms I wanna talk to you

mohamedismail

Reewin. Lixda Gobol ee Maayland unii leh!
Baladxaawo originally belongs to D&M. It's original name was Buula Haawo named after a Reewin lady who established the city. There is a leysaan community native to the city.

Thegoodshepherd

Galkacyo iyo Calula dhexdood
VIP
@cow

Afmadow and Beled Xaawo districts are not equally urbanized. Of Jubaland's 13 districts, Beled Xaawo is the most urbanized after Kismayo with ~ 1/3 of the population urban. Afmadow is only 1/5 urban. It is also wrong to say that Afmadow is made up of many clans when the district is ~90% Absame.

Also it pays to keep in mind that Beled Xaawo's building count is roughly 20% of Gedo's total.
Marehan are more urbanized than Ogaden.

ps. It is disrespectful for a Marehan to speak to Ogaden about population, waa ceeb.

cow

VIP
@cow

Afmadow and Beled Xaawo districts are not equally urbanized. Of Jubaland's 13 districts, Beled Xaawo is the most urbanized after Kismayo with ~ 1/3 of the population urban. Afmadow is only 1/5 urban. It is also wrong to say that Afmadow is made up of many clans when the district is ~90% Absame.

Also it pays to keep in mind that Beled Xaawo's building count is roughly 20% of Gedo's total.
Marehan are more urbanized than Ogaden.

ps. It is disrespectful for a Marehan to speak to Ogaden about population, waa ceeb.

that's the response i expected and i am glad you talked about nomadic population. can we first establish how we can estimate nomadic population ?

for me it would be camels + berked that would point to nomadic population. or the number of berkeds should point to the nomadic population.

if you want to go through the nomadic route then i have more evidence which will embarrass your caagdheer friends and point to Gedo infact having the most Nomadic population in Somalia.

World

VIP
that's the response i expected and i am glad you talked about nomadic population. can we first establish how we can estimate nomadic population ?

for me it would be camels + berked that would point to nomadic population. or the number of berkeds should point to the nomadic population.

if you want to go through the nomadic route then i have more evidence which will embarrass your caagdheer friends and point to Gedo infact having the most Nomadic population in Somalia.
how are you able to calculate it?

Trending