Being Intersex in a Somali Household - Intersex Xalimo tells her experience

Nafiso Qalanjo

π–‚π–Š'π–—π–Š π–Œπ–”π–Žπ–“π–Œ 𝖙𝖔 π–œπ–†π–— π–‡π–†π–‡π–ž!
They should have raised ''her'' as a boy since from the information he's giving us he have stronger male characteristics. He doesnt get his period, and he has to tuck in his thing, and doesn't need a sports bra (probably because he's flat chested ). And also shame on his parents for shaming him for the way we was born. He cant help it.

Last edited:

Timo Jareer and proud

2nd Emir of the Akh Right Movement
They should have raised ''her'' as a boy since from the information he's giving us he have stronger male characteristics. He dont get his period, and he has to tuck in his thing, and doesnt need a sports bra. And also shame on his parents for shaming him for the way we was born. He cant help it.
She said in the comments of her other tiktok videos that she looks like a girl & hasn't hit puberty yet (she's 16 btw). Waa gabar

They should have raised ''her'' as a boy since from the information he's giving us he have stronger male characteristics. He dont get his period, and he has to tuck in his thing, and doesnt need a sports bra. And also shame on his parents for shaming him for the way we was born. He cant help it.
but this must of been a shock and uncommon for these parents so we shouldnt place all the blame on them they are still human

Nafiso Qalanjo

π–‚π–Š'π–—π–Š π–Œπ–”π–Žπ–“π–Œ 𝖙𝖔 π–œπ–†π–— π–‡π–†π–‡π–ž!
but this must of been a shock and uncommon for these parents so we shouldnt place all the blame on them they are still human
but since this is a medical condition I'm sure the doctors have explained to them what intersex is. The parents could have done better in my opinion. Hopefully they change there ways and stop seeing their intersex child as a burden.

Jiron

wanaag
NABADOON
VIP
Nothing is worse than being judged for something you had no control over, and interesting thing I heard about our culture is that labeeb (intersex) always lean towards one gender more than the other, so when the child becomes of age, they are given a choice to choose their gender which also comes with name a change. However this is the first time I am hearing about the relationship aspect of it. I wish there is something that we can do to help her find happiness, because she deserves it.

I remember posting this question on sspot and someone asked what kind of a somali ask this kind of question. Wallahi i feel bad for them.

They should have raised ''her'' as a boy since from the information he's giving us he have stronger male characteristics. He doesnt get his period, and he has to tuck in his thing, and doesn't need a sports bra (probably because he's flat chested ). And also shame on his parents for shaming him for the way we was born. He cant help it.
You can’t see that on a baby they probably just went the way the doctor said
Why should they raise her female if it was obvious it was a boy ?
It was just an accident

He/she said they have female features and their older siblings are all girls so it’s easier to be a girl

Alluring

Sayonara
I thought intersex children are raised as intersex until they become of age and then can choose which gender they want to be. Can't she get estrogen and surgery to make her fit the woman category.

And we have Trans men turning into women cutting their private parts so they can be females while some people don’t even have a private part that’s fucked up