Being humble

SOULSEARCHING

Hakuna matata
VIP
My family think I don't like celebrating my accomplishments , I plan on just getting my degree and not going to graduation. I just want to avoid all the attention, tho my family won't allow it. They think because I scarificed time and energy I should. I just want to stay humble.

Aurelian

Forza Somalia!
VIP
My family think I don't like celebrating my accomplishments , I plan on just getting my degree and not going to graduation. I just want to avoid all the attention, tho my family won't allow it. They think because I scarificed time and energy I should. I just want to stay humble.
You either hate social events or have low self-esteem. graduation is an important moment for you and your family, they want to see your graduation and be happy for you don't take that opportunity from them :kanyehmm:

Caaro

I do something called "what I want"
2021 GRANDMASTER
VIP
not celebrating your accomplishments and/or refusing to make memories out of milestones doesn’t make you humble.

Caaro

I do something called "what I want"
2021 GRANDMASTER
VIP
There's people out there who never got the opportunity to go to university, so I ain't going to show off lol
What kinda mentality is that? Why should you lower your experience just because someone else never experienced it?

Going to a graduation ceremony and celebrating isn’t showing. it’s literally a part of the university experience, not something extra to rub in the faces of others. Your parents want to celebrate with you and take pictures of you there, it’s not fair to them if you refuse because of your saint complex.

SOULSEARCHING

Hakuna matata
VIP
What kinda mentality is that? Why should you lower your experience just because someone else never experienced it?

Going to a graduation ceremony and celebrating isn’t showing. it’s literally a part of the university experience, not something extra to rub in the faces of others. Your parents want to celebrate with you and take pictures of you there, it’s not fair to them if you refuse because of your saint complex.
It's lame to me to be honest. I just don't like the whole thing about it, if they pay off my student maybe I'll celebrate or just give me my degree :ftw9nwa: