Being Considerate to Wife

Excerpt (translated more or less) from one of Farhat Hashmi’s interviews. Interviewer is Farah Sadia.

Interviewer: Today the woman she doesn’t know neither about her rights nor her responsibilities. Neither is she aware of what she should be doing and what she shouldn’t be doing.

Farhat: The criteria of success that Allah has given us. Look at the path of those individuals whom Allah has blessed. Look at the history of successful Muslim women. Its vital to bring forth their character. Look in the home of Prophet (saw). Look at the wittiness, intelligence, questions and dealings of Aisha (rad). Look at Prophet (saw) attention towards her.

There are thousands of people with Prophet (saw) in Hajj. And Aisha (rad) wasn’t able to perform Umrah. Prophet (saw) held back everyone and asked Aisha (rad) to go with her brother to complete Umrah. Then only did the whole group proceed and the caravan move.

Narrated Aisha (rad) said “On the night of Al-Hasbab (the twelfth night of Dhul-Hajjah) I said” “O Messenger of Allah, the people are going back having done Umrah and Hajj, But I am going back having done only Hajj. He said: ‘Did you not perform Tawaf when we came to Makkah?’ I said: ‘No.’ He said: ‘Then go with your brother to At-Tanim and enter Ihram for Umrah then we will meet you and such and such a place.” (Nasa’i 2803)

I am surprised by this incident that one woman’s one wish how it was taken into consideration. Today people cannot wait for half hour in car if wife has gone for something necessary, genuine need or she is gone to the hospital. There are thousands of people with Prophet (saw), they all are waiting for that one woman Aisha (rad) to fulfill one wish. Everyone was able to complete Hajj with Umrah but she wasn’t able to. Thus, her wish was accommodated.

Trending

Latest posts