being an “Ana Arab” Somali benefited me today.

I take the bus to uni everyday and the bus driver says Salam to me every morning. Yesterday I heard him speaking Arabic to this lady so this morning I forgot my money for the fare so I told him “good morning” and he asked if I was Sudani. I was like no I’m Somali but I speak Arabic. When I told you his face lit up lmaoooo. He didn’t even ask for the bus fare. then when I got off the bus he gave me candy and said “have a good day habibti”

I take the bus to uni everyday and the bus driver says Salam to me every morning. Yesterday I heard him speaking Arabic to this lady so this morning I forgot my money for the fare so I told him “good morning” and he asked if I was Sudani. I was like no I’m Somali but I speak Arabic. When I told you his face lit up lmaoooo. He didn’t even ask for the bus fare. then when I got off the bus he gave me candy and said “have a good day habibti”
When I went to Saudi everyone thought I was Sudani they can’t tell the difference they also expect you to know Arabic they were all surprised when I couldn’t speak it I remember when riding the train from Jeddah to Medina this one Asian lady gave me her phone and told me to speak to her Arab boss 😂

Your american?
Yes

Moving Independence Day GIF

Trending

Latest posts