Before and after: Satellite pictures of Barawe Airport

Prime Minister

Somali Promotion Agent
2017-01-13, Sentinel-2A L1C, True color.jpg
2020-03-13, Sentinel-2B L1C, True color.jpg

Prime Minister

Somali Promotion Agent
This project cost 4.3 million dollars. As you can see with your own eyes all that was done was clearing the land and evening out the soil using a roller truck.

CM20160914-51687-18839

Prime Minister

Somali Promotion Agent
I’m sitting here laughing with myself cause here’s a clear presentation of corruption in Somalia and the barbarians are discussing which tribe owns this dustbin.

Prime Minister

Somali Promotion Agent
MOGADISHU (HOL) - The opening of the newly built Barawe Airport has been greeted with sharp criticism as Somalis online question the quality of the work noting the $4.3 million project did not match the output.

According to the Federal Government, the construction of the airport cost $4.3 million but pictures showing a dusty run-way has had Somalis questioning how the money donated by the European Union was utillised.

A Twitter user who did not see a correlation between the new facility and what went into realizing it sought the indulgence of the EU ambassador.

“With your respect sir the amount of project budget and job's done are not equivalent! The building I see is not more than 50k in anyway about the run way I guess bulldozer just cleared the ground all in all on my view on the here the job done will not even say it's 200k rather4m,” said Omar Khalid.

EU Ambassador to Somalia Nicholas Berlanga defended the project noting it was worthy and
that it was misreported.

“The picture may mislead you as 2,6 km tarmac airstrip is coloured as sand. Other pictures show building facilities and tower. Do not forget the impact to connect to external world a town threatened by terrorists. It has a proof of determination,” said Berlanga.

Multiple sources in the aviation sector who spoke to HOL on condition of anonymity questioned the return for value from the project.

Sources said the airport construction started during the tenure of former South West President Sharif Sheikh Adan.

Crow

Make Hobyo Great Again
VIP
EU Ambassador to Somalia Nicholas Berlanga defended the project noting it was worthy and
that it was misreported.

“The picture may mislead you as 2,6 km tarmac airstrip is coloured as sand. Other pictures show building facilities and tower. Do not forget the impact to connect to external world a town threatened by terrorists. It has a proof of determination,” said Berlanga.
:damn:

Awdalia Rising

SSpot Special Correspondent

:damn::damn: Say wallahi they trying to pass this lie off? I’ve never seen any tarmac in the world with the same color as sand :deadosama: isn’t that making it hard on the pilot who can’t differentiate with the smooth and paved runway and the unpaved area around it?

Crow

Make Hobyo Great Again
VIP
Worst part is there are idiots who believe these corrupt fuckers.
No one is surprised by Nabar iyo Naxdin but I expected better from EU officials. Nicolas Berlanga clearly made a profit from this.

He became EU ambassador to Somalia in 2017, the same year Farmajo became president. Prior to that he was looting EU funds meant for Togo from 2013 to 2017. He's from Spain so corruption is in his blood. Stupid EU didn't think anything of sending him to the most corrupt country on earth.
:mjlol:

No one is surprised by Nabar iyo Naxdin but I expected better from EU officials. Nicolas Berlanga clearly made a profit from this.

He became EU ambassador to Somalia in 2017, the same year Farmajo became president. Prior to that he was looting EU funds meant for Togo from 2013 to 2017. He's from Spain so corruption is in his blood. Stupid EU didn't think anything of sending him to the most corrupt country on earth.
:mjlol:
Sand colored airstrip kulaha.. When is this niggaz term running out, if it's this easy to scam in South Somalia, I might even try my luck and apply for the position.. Imagine how many dhul I could buy in kismaayo :denzelnigga:

:damn::damn: Say wallahi they trying to pass this lie off? I’ve never seen any tarmac in the world with the same color as sand :deadosama: isn’t that making it hard on the pilot who can’t differentiate with the smooth and paved runway and the unpaved area around it?
I call this low tech corruption.. AKA corruption bilaa nigis, it's corny and low quality even for african standards :mjlol:

Since when did Baraawe become habar gidir saaxib yaab

Here is your uncle an isaaq HJ with an Tunni mother, explaining how HG has 100% control of Baraawe, he says the Police and Army are all HG.

He also mentions the Airport being built by HG Salebaan but the contract comes from Murursade N&N, mind you he says all this secret 2 years ago 2018, and today we witness how truthful he was with the airport.

P,s. Hate the game and not the player, and next time dont mention HG from your Qaldaan khat stained mouths.

Here is your uncle an isaaq HJ with an Tunni mother, explaining how HG has 100% control of Baraawe, he says the Police and Army are all HG.

He also mentions the Airport being built by HG Salebaan but the contract comes from Murursade N&N, mind you he says all this secret 2 years ago 2018, and today we witness how truthful he was with the airport.

P,s. Hate the game and not the player, and next time dont mention HG from your Qaldaan khat stained mouths.
He is Habr Yunus

Trending