Beer Farms Near Burco

Status
Not open for further replies.
Warya. Yall need to deal with geedka la yirado gaaranwaa ama geed yahuud. Its destroying from ina af madobe to Hargeysa area. It has no value. Destroyed the native plants while using up the scarce water left.

I remember reading somewhere that some plants were introduced by the colonialists, ileen those cadaan kufaar bastards are the reasons for those invasive shrubs
:bell::birdman:

@Yaquub we need to get rid of all these invasive plant life that are not beneficial to Somali lands.

I remember reading somewhere that some plants were introduced by the colonialists, ileen those cadaan kufaar bastards are the reasons for those invasive shrubs

@Yaquub we need to get rid of all these invasive plant life that are not beneficial to Somali lands.
Indeed we need to study all the plants and shrubs and to remove non native ones.

Some issaq guy was paid to do it. That was what i heard. This is recent. Maybe last 30 yrs i think

Some issaq guy was paid to do it. That was what i heard. This is recent. Maybe last 30 yrs i think

Nigga, is it "blame Isaaq" for everything with you. These plants/shrubs were introduced by cadaans as a means of reforestation/rehabilitation of degraded/saline soil.

Look at this link of a specific plant called Prosopis Juliflora:

https://tinyurl.com/y476uok6

Here's what it said about the introduction of this plant in SL:
"The introduction of the Prosopis juliflora in Somaliland was reported in 1959 by Mooney, the first forest officer to the protectorate. Mooney (1959) noted small experimental planting at Sheikh, Gaan Libah, Lafarug, Berbera and Manjassah."

And specifics about this one type of invasive plant species:

"Invading Prosopis juliflora tends to form dense, impenetrable thickets, associated with
unfavorable impacts on human economic activities. In addition, it suppresses the growth
of other plant species by denying the plants the most valuable growth factors, light and
water....."

"The year of introduction into Somalia is not yet clear, however, there is little documentation that might give some ideas about the introduction. For example,AFRICARE (1983)7 reported the introduction of Prosopis juliflora in Somalia as part of a reforestation project for sand dune stabilization in a refugee impacted areas in the Hiran region of central Somalia. In this study, eighteen tree/shrub species were planted and have become established. Among the tree species, Prosopis juliflora out-performed all other tree species. The testing of Prosopis chilences as part a reforestation project in southern Somalia was reported by Leslie (1989)8
."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts