Been going through prejudice from “My people” and it causes me anxiety

kurobecky08

Taxation is theft
The racial tensions have caused more maadows to be hostile towards me. Black Africans, are usually very nice to me. The Ghanaian neighbors that live across the street from me, DO NOT speak to me. They’ll speak to the others, though. Tuaregs and Fulanis aren’t liked by some west Africans.
Two days ago, two AA men were harassing and following me, while walking to my grandma’s. I’ve had things thrown at me . My accent making made funny of. They’ll say that I have a disease because I have natural purple lips and very thin.
Then I found out that my AAs isn’t really black. My great grandpa is Cade Verde and my great grandma was from a reservation. It’s hard for me to consider myself exactly the same as an AA, like Serena Williams. I think if Somali doesn’t consider themselves “black”, it’s understandable. But I think it depends on the reason behind why. If it’s because to appeal to whites, then yes that’s messed up.

kurobecky08

Taxation is theft
Are you AA?
Yes and no. I’m would say I’m an Americanized African than an African American. 75 percent of my family didn’t come to America until the 1930s and weren’t slaves. I consider myself black but a majority of the maadow Africans don’t consider me black. It’s a 50/50 thing

Trending

Latest posts