BBC Documentary | Queen Hatshepsut

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Pharaoh Who Conquered the Sea Over three thousand years ago, legend has it that Queen Hatshepsut, Egypt's first female pharaoh, sent a fleet of ships to the wonderful, distant land of Punt. A bas-relief in the temple where she is entombed in Luxor shows them bringing back extraordinary treasures. But did this expedition really happen? And if it did, where exactly is the land of Punt?

BebsiBolice

Suicidal men adore me.
No one knows. It could be anywhere in the horn or even in the middle east. However I have a strong feeling it is in Somalia... hellow Puntland.

Nin xun

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
I just wished somalis stopped obsessing over this punt shit, wallahi som yall are sounding like the AAs with their "we wuz kangz". Focus on more relevant issues plaguing Somalia and the somali people unless your some kind of archeologist or historian.

It is Somalia due to the fact that ancient Egyptain language and modern Somali are same. Plus the Egyptians say it is Somalia why you are refusing to believe it. Only low self esteem that do not see themselves more than camel herders that reject idea

You have to look at the treasures and the things that where exported from the Land of Punt. Myrrh tree being the biggest export is found in Puntland, right at the edge in between Gulf of Aden and the Indian Ocean.

I just wished somalis stopped obsessing over this punt shit, wallahi som yall are sounding like the AAs with their "we wuz kangz". Focus on more relevant issues plaguing Somalia and the somali people unless your some kind of archeologist or historian.

We are not claiming foreigners history or foreign territory saaxiib so dont lump us up with AAs. Unlike them we are speculating around somethings existence in Somalia (our territory).

The mystery behind Punt is a fascinating topic which anyone can discuss on there is no real concencus on it. The topic is open for the average joe.

This thread is something we can express our knowledge on. None of us are in power to dictate what goes on in Somalia. But the Land of Punt is an extraordinary place as well as topic, and no one has yet fully found it.

Scope of what was exported from Punt to Egypt - wiki

IMG_20160626_222409_edit_edit.png

The Land and the people of Somalia - google books

IMG_20160626_223034_edit.png

The exports in 2009, are the same products exported to Egypt 3000 years ago.

Myrrh is found in Puntland, and Gold is found in the West. So there is a possibility the Egyptians where operating from Zeila all the way to Boosaso.

IMG_20160626_223945_edit_edit.png

afrosomali

closer to god we africans
It is Somalia due to the fact that ancient Egyptain language and modern Somali are same. Plus the Egyptians say it is Somalia why you are refusing to believe it. Only low self esteem that do not see themselves more than camel herders that reject idea
You should read this blogpost made by a buddy of mine

https://landofpunt.wordpress.com/2016/02/17/punt-an-ancient-civilization-rediscovered/

It is the best in depth analysis of The mysterious Puntites and the location of Punt. So i really recommend people to read it you will learn alot from it.

View attachment 4417

View attachment 4418

Myrrh is found in Puntland, and Gold is found in the West. So there is a possibility the Egyptians where operating from Zeila all the way to Boosaso.

View attachment 4421

lmaoooooo we wuz kangs

when u fantasize nd boast about a civilization that is only known for being in some crappy heiroglyphs :hemad:

Nin xun

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
lmaoooooo we wuz kangs

when u fantasize nd boast about a civilization that is only known for being in some crappy heiroglyphs :hemad:
Most of it is from some obscure blogs and heavily edited Wikipedia pages, even though it's more grounded in reality than the original "we wuz kangz" it's still from the same idea. Where our present society sucks balls and we fantasize about a glorious ancient history.
Heck even the chinese do it in regards to their inferiority complex with the west, "We may not properly deal with street shitting BUT we have a glorious 5000 year history".

BebsiBolice

Suicidal men adore me.

View attachment 4417

View attachment 4418

View attachment 4421

I swear our people are so stupid. OIL,URANIUM,COPPER, GOLD, ARABLE LAND, PERFECT GEOGRAPHICAL LOCATION but forget about that I will fight for my sub sub clan

BebsiBolice

Suicidal men adore me.
Most of it is from some obscure blogs and heavily edited Wikipedia pages, even though it's more grounded in reality than the original "we wuz kangz" it's still from the same idea. Where our present society sucks balls and we fantasize about a glorious ancient history.
Heck even the chinese do it in regards to their inferiority complex with the west, "We may not properly deal with street shitting BUT we have a glorious 5000 year history".

So? Everyone does that more or less. A large part of Somali history is untold, we're just interested in what our ancestors were doing thousands of years ago. No one knows where the land of punt lays but there is a possibility it is in Somalia and we have every right to speculate since it concerns us.

More factual evidence points to modern day Eritrea, but I'm guessing it was East Sudan (Beja land, they were called Medjay those days) all the way down into Djibouti/North Somalia. Most of the documented resources (gold, ebony wood, ivory, incense, gum etc) traded from Punt could be found in Eritrea, North East Ethiopia, Djibouti and also Somalia. None of these nations were around in the ancient days rather the regions were owned by large ethnic groups and tribes. I'm guessing the Beja and Afar to be honest, they are amongst the natives in these regions, but Cushitic speaking East Africans are all related, from Afar-Saho to Oromos to Somalis, we're very very similar people.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts