Bashar Al Assad visits UAE in his first trip to an Arab state since 2011

TekNiKo

“I am an empathic and emotionally-aware person.
VIP
Based Assad cucking the very arabs who grew tired funding his demise. They finally accepted hes going nowhere.

Only survivor of Arab Spring :banderas:

Shimbiris

بىَر غىَل إيؤ عآنؤ لؤ
VIP
I wonder how awkward these sorts of meetings are. For diplomatic reasons I imagine you can't go "So, saaxiib, you bankrolled rebel militias in my country, what was that about?" have to remain all cordial and act like these people didn't essentially try to murder you and your entire family.

:mjlol:

Periplus

Minister of Propaganda
VIP
I wonder how awkward these sorts of meetings are. For diplomatic reasons I imagine you can't go "So, saaxiib, you bankrolled rebel militias in my country, what was that about?" have to remain all cordial and act like these people didn't essentially try to murder you and your entire family.

:mjlol:

Bashar and the UAE were always best buds, they were just keeping their friendship quiet for their daddies (Iran and KSA respectively).

Periplus

Minister of Propaganda
VIP
:ohhh:

You and your intimate knowledge of the Arab world.

:obama:

At the end of the day, it’s of strategic interest for Somalia and Somalis to be cognisant of Arab politics.

The main reason why Syria is coming back to the Arab world is due to quiet insistence by the UAE. They kept a diplomatic presence there throughout the war, criticised their Arab League suspension and supported the Russian military actions.

I may be wrong here but I’m pretty sure this visit is significant because Bashar got along with Abu Dhabi (reer Nahyan) but not the Dubai (reer Al-Makhtoum).

Periplus

Minister of Propaganda
VIP
If you think Saudi is the Emirates daddy...you are sadly mistakened.MBZ is MBS's father :mjlol:

Emiratis say this to make themselves feel better but everyone knows who is the big dog in the ME and it isn’t UAE.

There is a reason why MBZ kept his friendship with Assad quiet.

Emiratis say this to make themselves feel better but everyone knows who is the big dog in the ME and it isn’t UAE.

There is a reason why MBZ kept his friendship with Assad quiet.
I can't count the amount of times MBZ'd has fucked the Saudis (especially in Yemen) but MBS has learned.MBZ is a political veteran while MBS despite having control of Saudi the real behemoth of the Arabian Peninsula was quite young and naive.It was initially MBS in the backseat of the alliance as Emirates conducted it proxy war against Qatar/Turkey while expanding in the Red Sea/Gulf Of Aden.

MBZ is a political genius but just like Qatar he is defiantly punching above his weight class

tyrannicalmanager

pseudo-intellectual
An actual leader not a butcher like him
I don't know how people could justify Assad when his regime is actively buctering Syrians and displacing them.
100s of thousands of Syrians refuse to return to home in fear of being detained and send to prison to be tortured.

Last edited: