Bari: The Birthplace of Buranbur

Miingis is the origin of Buranbur..

I've noticed Reer Bari have several dances that seem like variations of Buranbur but other regions do not. The story is that it travelled South with the Reer Bari merchant families and later on was adopted by other Somalis.

This might share a common ancestors wid buranbur

What are the Fiqi Buraale spirits?
Fiqi are sufis . I'm fiqi Mohammed from surrre clan from east galmudug. Fiqi people qre known to Mastered shafi madhab. Majority of fiqi are sufi origin. Probably was a sufi thing for women. Coz dhanto is done in my tuulo but religious version

one

ᶜᵃʷᵒ ᶜᵃʷˡᵒ
What are the Fiqi Buraale spirits?
I don't know much, but I heard that one of the kings(forgot his name) in the Bari region used to assist spirits through this family called Fiqi Buraale(Dunno if they were from that region or somewhere else)

Many Somalis wouldn't dare to mess with him/that family out of fear that they would get possessed by those so-called Fuquburaale spirits.

Hamzza

VIP
Miingis is the origin of Buranbur..

I've noticed Reer Bari have several dances that seem like variations of Buranbur but other regions do not. The story is that it travelled South with the Reer Bari merchant families and later on was adopted by other Somalis.

Buraanbur has nothing to do with Mingis(Zaar), and saying Buraanbur is from Bari is a bit of a stretch. I'm yet to see anything that indicates Buraanbur is from Bari.

Hamzza

VIP
Everyone knows Buranbur is from Bari. It is the place where the pure and original form of Buranbur is still played. Watch the videos and try tell us again it is from another region.
There is no correlation between mastering the art of something and inventing it, for example: Brazilians have mastered the art of football but football in its current form was invented in England. And as I said above I have never seen anyone suggesting this before today.

Trending