Barawani girl is confused by her DNA test results

Iranians are truly laandheer, yesterday I read that Kurdish people are also Iranian.
You're confusing "Iranian" with the modern Iran demonym which are both different cuz iranian in anthropology refers to Iranian speakers or ethnicities just like Persians Kurds and Pashtuns who are Iranian people in anthropologic sense same as somalis oromos and afars are called Cushitic

Yeah, I was making a distinction between cad cads and Arab immigrants during the 20th Century.

Apparently, I read that Carab Salaax are actually from the Mehri tribe, who are the inhabitants of Soqotra and pockets of South Yemen. However, I am not too certain on it.
Mehri tribe owns a large province in Yemen and they also reside in Oman Dhofar province

She is not half Yemeni, saxiib. I have seen Benadiri results for years and even have several of their raw samples on my computer through email correspondence with them and have used third-party softwares like nMonte to assess their DNA results more accurately than garbage like 23andme. Again, the algortihm doesn't know what to do with people who have weirdly diverse roots like being 20% Desi, 20-30% or more some sort of broad MENA mix, 20-40% Somali and and like 5-10% Bantu or more (this is seriously what most Benadiris look like and she fits the mold). That's just too weird and funky for 23andme's algorithm and it tries to make more sense of it by inserting Habesha when there is ZERO historical chance they would even have such ancestry. There were never Habesha or Highland Ethiopian inhabitants of towns like Barawe or Xamar, saxiib. Never. It was always groups like Hawiyes, Ajuran, Tunnis, Jiddus and Maay folk.
Many reer banadri claim to be yemenis and a lot of them got yemeni citizenship when the civil war started

Your brother looks straight somali

Honestly i see it that way, i dont know why some of my siblings are mistaken for other than somali, I mean i get asked so many times the question are you sure you are full brother same questioning i get for my rest of siblings. Even somalis neighbour thought we are yemani somali, banadiri or cadcad πŸ˜‚

Last edited:

alien

πŸ“outer space
VIP
Carab Saalax are different though, I believe he/they came as single males and married MJ and other Reer Bari women, whereas those CadCad/Barawanis lived in cities with other mixed communities and I assume constantly received new Asian migrants that they intermarried with.
there is an Omani community that descends from a Daarood Somali man but are like > 99% Omani. they still claim the lineage but are less that 1% Somali

why are you exposing your brother :jcoleno: :silanyolaugh:

lol his next to me, his fine with it, his male, you make out like he should be protected from the public eye :rolleyes:. i wont post my sisters pictures who are even lighter skin than him. its not good to post females never, but males are fine man, chill

alien

πŸ“outer space
VIP
lol his next to me, his fine with it, his male, you make out like he should be protected from the public eye :rolleyes:. i wont post my sisters pictures who are even lighter skin than him. its not good to post females never, but males are fine man, chill
:dead: :silanyolaugh:

no its just that their abtiris is Somali. so these Omanis claim that they are Somali

Carab salax are J1 haplogroup with 100% or almost 100% Somali ancestry, they are Somali but with ancient paternal Arab lineage. So if you go with abtrisi, carab salax should not be considered somalis but if we go with their genetic make up or ethnicity than they are Somali. So are they Somali or Arab?

alien

πŸ“outer space
VIP
Carab salax are J1 haplogroup with 100% or almost 100% Somali ancestry, they are Somali but with ancient paternal Arab lineage. So if you go with abtrisi, carab salax should not be considered somalis but if we go with their genetic make up or ethnicity than they are Somali. So are they Somali or Arab?
Carab Salax are Somalis that are Yemeni qabil wise. Same with the Omani Daroods. they are Omani but with a Somali lineage.

there is an Omani community that descends from a Daarood Somali man but are like > 99% Omani. they still claim the lineage but are less that 1% Somali

They don't descend from a single Daarood man, different families from different Harti clans moved to Dhofar region in Oman.

Those Omani Hartis have full-blooded Harti relatives and I believe are still in touch with their families in Puntland. They didn't leave that long ago and clan elders like Siwaaqroon's clan elder, the MJ king etc, visit them.

Last edited:

World

VIP
Nah I doubt it. They arrived in Oman in the 19th century, they still have a lot of Somali ancestry.

Nah I doubt it. They arrived in Oman in the 19th century, they still have a lot of Somali ancestry.

Some Harti Omanis look pure Arab, some mixed, some fully Somali, It's a mixed bag.

EQAs7A-W4AES1Ub.jpg

Trending