Baraawe and homosexuality

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've heard this city was the gay capital of Somalia before the war and could still be today.

I heard there was a lot of touching in public but not sex and a lot of boys who acted like women. The sex would occur indoors.

Is it true that Baraawe is sin city?

I've heard this city was the gay capital of Somalia before the war and could still be today.

I heard there was a lot of touching in public but not sex and a lot of boys who acted like women. The sex would occur indoors.

Nope, my mum told me that in old time, there were not enough female actors and male actors did the female role. But no sin city. Touching is misunderstanding for example it is normal to hold hands friends in ME, India. Kissing at cheeks is normal and culture accepted. Same in hugging, It is just culture misunderstanding only.

John Michael

Free my girl Jodi!
VIP

:cosbyhmm: Man the hate you guys have for the south subhanallah.

Barawe is a small town just like any other in south somalia,no different from gondershe, xamar or kismayo. Both women and men touch their friends in public it's not sexual at all. This is common in all non western cultures.

Hafez

VIP
Don't get your hopes up wasaqyow. Homosexuality was punishable by death. If you knew anything about Barawa, you'd know that it had the most Masaajid in all of Somali peninsula. It was a city infested with Islamic scholars (they've had thousands of scholars last century alone). @Canuck is right that the Barawani/Benadiri culture is misunderstood by ethnic Somalis. Holding hands, kissing cheeks, etc. is not gay us. We've always acted this way.

If anything Barawe is known as the city of saints.

This nigga sees gays and gay activities everywhere.

Hugging, touching and kissing is a cultural thing.

For example, men in Latin countries do their fair share of the abovementioned actions and nobody questions their masculinity.

vytB.gif

Masaasbaa

Meticulously calculated...........
Out of all the cities you could have chosen you chose baraawe, not the smartest thing i must say:siilaanyolaugh::siilaanyolaugh:
no need to prolong the discussion.:childplease:
btw two males casually walking together holding hands in public is a sign of friendship in wadanka.

Rooble

Suldaanka Gobyare
VIP
Don't get your hopes up wasaqyow. Homosexuality was punishable by death. If you knew anything about Barawa, you'd know that it had the most Masaajid in all of Somali peninsula. It was a city infested with Islamic scholars (they've had thousands of scholars last century alone). @Canuck is right that the Barawani/Benadiri culture is misunderstood by ethnic Somalis. Holding hands, kissing cheeks, etc. is not gay us. We've always acted this way.
Even Somalis hold hands it is misunderstood very true.

Hafez

VIP
I seen Indians in uae hold hands hella homo
Most non-Westerners around the world do that (or similar things). You must have heard of/seen the "nose greeting" that's very common in the ME.
0b45d0b4-9298-47f5-8f27-63a2811a8a8f_4x3_690x515.jpg

It doesn't mean those who do these particular actions (or similar things) are gay though. It's cultural. Non-Westerners find of aspects of Western culture strange too. It's just the way it is.
:mjdontkno:

Bernie Madoff

Afhayeenka SL
VIP
Ask anyone. They will tell you the same thing
Sto
Most non-Westerners around the world do that (or similar things). You must have heard of/seen the "nose greeting" that's very common in the ME.

It doesn't mean those who do these particular actions (or similar things) are gay though. It's cultural. Non-Westerners find of aspects of Western culture strange too. It's just the way it is.
i seen my wanna be arab cousins do that. Still pretty gay in my eyes no str8 man should being doing that.

It's still gay af to me, especially when the nose tips touch it almost looks like as if they're kissing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts