Bantus in Somalia are ethnic Tanzanians who speak Chizigula

I wanted to make a new topic so that this information does not get lost.

Apparently, a population of them speak a language called "Chizigula".. which is from an area in Tanzania called "Zigula". Arab slave traders brought them to Somalia. So, if anyone abused them, it's those Arab minority communities in Somalia who brought them over.

This is the "Somali" Bantu girl who made a video about Somalis being racist, she doesn't even speak Af-Soomaali at home. She speaks this;

LINK

Introduction
The description given here is of the Chizigula language of refugees from Somalia, who fled Somalia in the 1990s during the civil war, went into Kenya and spent over a decade there in refugee camps, and eventually ended up as refugees in a number of cities in the USA, including Boise, Idaho, where we are located. The ancestors of the Chizigula speakers in Somalia were originally brought there as slaves by Arab traders in the 18th century from Tanzania. A few years later they freed themselves, initially wanting to go back to their Zigula territory in Tanzania but then decided to settle down in the Jubba river region of Somalia as farmers. (see: Arbow)

Chizigula (xma) is one of several hundred Bantu languages spoken in SubSaharan Africa. It is in the geographic grouping G311 in east Africa (The G grouping also includes Swahili, a closely related culturally important language used as a lingua franca in many parts of east Africa and as a national language in Kenya and Tanzania (see Maho 2003). Chizigula is also closely related to Kizigula (G31;ziw) spoken by several hundred thousand speakers in Tanzania today. There is no grammar of Chizigula or Kizigula, but there is a dictionary of the Tanzania language: Zigula-English Dictionary (Kisbey 1907). It is obvious from our research over the last six years that Chizigula from Somalia is substantially different today from that of Kizigula of Tanzania. At least 40 to 50% of the words in the 1907 dictionary are completely different from those in our corpus of Chizigula (with 13,547 main entries with grammatical classes and sentence examples of each). In Somalia, Chizigula is also known as Mushungulu, but some Chizigula speakers don’t like the term because it is often used disparangingly by Somalis for Chizigula speakers. The Swahili term Kizigua is used in East Africa in English for both Kizigula of Tanzania and Chizigula of Somalia, and is used by Chizigulas and Kizigulas when speaking English, so we normally use it in our translations of Chizugula example sentences in the dictionary.

There have been many Tanzanians that have been caught claiming to be Somalis so they get asylum in the West. I wouldn't be surprised if they purposefully moved to refugee camps in Kenya to start the process.

Don't be naive and don't believe everything you see.

I always found it strange how many videos are online about "Somali" Bantus, who are just basically Tanzanians in every single way. This is basically daylight robbery of Somali identity and clothing.

This explains why Tanzania took a couple thousand of them, they're their long lost brothers :pachah1:

That's the thing.

Why are the ones online acting like they don't know they're Tanzanian when they speak a Tanzanian language and their great-grandfather came from there?

We have Somali communities in different countries who have been gone a long time but they don't claim to be anything other than Somali.

Somalis need to research where each different Bantu community comes from and then give them an appropriate official name, because right now, they're coming hard for Somalinimo.

That's the thing.

Why are the ones online acting like they don't know they're Tanzanian when they speak a Tanzanian language and their great-grandfather came from there?

We have Somali communities in different countries who have been gone a long time but they don't claim to be anything other than Somali.

Somalis need to research where each different Bantu community comes from and then give them an appropriate official name, because right now, they're coming hard for Somalinimo.
We haven't assimilated them enough. I know it sounds kind of bad however i think we need to
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

the ones I'm talking about are the descendants of the slaves brought here who'd prefer to stay here rather than go back to Tanzania given the chance

Somalis should just assimilate them otherwise disaster will happen. All those black arabs in Gulf have assimilated and no problem there

We haven't assimilated them enough. I know it sounds kind of bad however i think we need to

the ones I'm talking about the desend of the slaves brought here who'd prefer to stay here rather than go back to Tanzania given the chance

You make sense.

They are acting as if they have no identity outside of Somalia but that's false

They always lived in their own communities, in the same areas the Arabs or Italians brought them to. They retained their language and customs so what's with the dramatics?

If they said "we want equal rights..."-- yes, that's a good discussion to have, but all I see is that they are trying hard to claim they are TRUE SOMALIS.

Meanwhile, this is a bunch of Tanzanians who are wearing Somali clothes. Not even speaking Af-Soomaali at home. :gucciwhat:

I could understand their issue more if they were like African Americans or Black Arabs, who lost their roots, native languages etc. But Bantus in Somalia lived in little Bantustans, speak Bantu languages, dance bantu dances.. so what is "Somali" about them?

They are not "lost" people. They know exactly what they are so cut the bullshit narrative about Somalia and let's discuss facts.

"Bantus are natives of Somalia"

Screenshot 2020-12-04 at 19.21.47.png

This belief that they are the true natives to Somalia and that we are the invaders will bite us in the arse if it spreads to the Bantus in Somalia, and on top of that the discrimination that they already face would only make it worse.. What if in the future Militia groups united under the belief that they are reclaiming their homelands rise? All the while Somalis are too busy killing each other and arguing over tribal issues that they wouldn't even know the ethnic threat that looms over.

Many of the Bantus cannot be trusted, especially the ones seen presented in this thread, a push for repatriarion and deep assimilation is needed, but also dismantle discrimination that they currently face in the nation...

I wanted to make a new topic so that this information does not get lost.

Apparently, a population of them speak a language called "Chizigula".. which is from an area in Tanzania called "Zigula". Arab slave traders brought them to Somalia. So, if anyone abused them, it's those Arab minority communities in Somalia who brought them over.
This also explains why that "Diric/baati" drama included Africans claiming that Kenyans/Tanzanians wear Diracs.. yeah, it's because Bantus took Somali clothes and are now claiming it's theirs.

This is the "Somali" Bantu girl who made a video about Somalis being racist, she doesn't even speak Af-Soomaali at home. She speaks this;

LINK
I think non Somalis and non Somalis t hurt don't have Somali lineage tht live in Somalia and outside somali shouldn't claim to be Somalis

the ones I'm talking about are the descendants of the slaves brought here who'd prefer to stay here rather than go back to Tanzania given the chance
Assimilation is myth and is not real u cant make non Somalis Somalis cuz language nor culture or somali names nor living in Somalia country mkes them somali nor give them ownership to Somali ppl land

This belief that they are the true natives to Somalia and that we are the invaders will bite us in the arse if it spreads to the Bantus in Somalia, and on top of that the discrimination that they already face would only make it worse.. What if in the future Militia groups united under the belief that they are reclaiming their homelands rise? All the while Somalis are too busy killing each other and arguing over tribal issues that they wouldn't even know the ethnic threat that looms over.

Many of the Bantus cannot be trusted, especially the ones seen presented in this thread, a push for repatriarion and deep assimilation is needed, but also dismantle discrimination that they currently face in the nation...
I think bantus and non Somalis tht live in Somali aren't native to somalia
But u can blame Somalis tht saying those are Somalis are enemies to themself

I don't agree with the assimilation assamilation doesn't make them ethnic Somalis nor tribe not make them ownership of the land assamilation is myth doesn't exist it is just agenda to take ppl identity away and false claiming non Somalis can be Somalis by assamilation tht is not true

Somalis should just assimilate them otherwise disaster will happen. All those black arabs in Gulf have assimilated and no problem there
Assimilation doesn't make them Somalis like how culture language and culture cloths doesn't non Somalis a somali
There is just no way out to be somali other then lineage