Balcad Absame jaarso Sultan inaugurated in Jigjiga

According to my Oromo friend from that region, Jaarso is about 20-30 percent Somali and of those Somalis, about 70 percent of them are Darood and 30 percent Samaroon.

The opposite makes more sense Ajuran got chased all the way to Kenya after their fall to the extent they almost became waaqist under Oromo rule they scattered far and wide
The man in the video you showed is a bit all over the place . For starters he’s claiming that Ajuuran had 5 sons .

1. Maxamed Alam Baalcad
2. Baalcad Absame
3. Hintire Baalcad
4. Quran Jecel Baalcad
5. He didn’t mention the 5th

He finished off by saying that only Alam Baalcad are the ones who are holding on to Ajuuran name while the rest have gone.

This doesn’t make any sense. Are they acknowledging that 2.Baalcad Absame is Absame? If so then all 5 of them will have to come under Absame not just 2.Baalcad Absame.

To say that we come from Ajuuran because we live in NFD and the Ajuuran got chased all the way to Kenya also doesn’t make any sense. This is because Baalcad absame live all the way in Harar and the even Hargeisa and they all have the same roots .

Last edited:

Abaq

VIP
The man in the video you showed is a bit all over the place . For starters he’s claiming that Ajuuran had 5 sons .

1. Maxamed Alam Baalcad
2. Baalcad Absame
3. Hintire Baalcad
4. Quran Jecel Baalcad
5. He didn’t mention the 5th

He finished off by saying that only Alam Baalcad are the ones who are holding on to Ajuuran name while the rest have gone.

This doesn’t make any sense. Are they acknowledging that 2.Baalcad Absame is Absame? If so then all 5 of them will have to come under Absame not just 2.Baalcad Absame.

To say that we come from Ajuuran because we live in NFD and the Ajuuran got chased all the way to Kenya also doesn’t make any sense. This is because Baalcad absame live all the way in Harar and the even Hargeisa and they all have the same roots .
In the DNA age sxb, none of this is necessary. Message me and I'll tell you how to find out once and for all

As the only Baalcad Absame on here I’m low-key surprised our humble qabil has been finally brought up lol

We have nothing to do with jaarso . We are the eldest son of Absame . Our brothers are Jidwaaq, Weyten and Ogaaden.

Within Baalcad theres

Biri Biri Baalcad (my sub)
Quran Jecel Baalcad
Hintire Baalcad
Surre baalcad
Alam Baalcad ( it is said Ajuuran come under this)

A lot of Baalcad live in the Ogaden region,NFD and jubboyinka. My family is specifically from west Jilib and Jamame.
There is a family in Jarso called warra baalcaad aren’t they from baalcaad

Kkkkkk oromo amus. When did darood become somali. All the somali elements with oromo are Dir .

The whole Walabu Jarso is Darood. Bal’ad, Usman is Bartire Jidwaaq, Mahammad is Yabarre.

They’re also found amongst the Noole. The only Dir within us would be Gurgure and Bursuuq. And for the most part, they’re no longer claiming Oromo. Not the same for the Darood elements. You’d be surprised visiting east Hararge!

The whole Walabu Jarso is Darood. Bal’ad, Usman is Bartire Jidwaaq, Mahammad is Yabarre.

They’re also found amongst the Noole. The only Dir within us would be Gurgure and Bursuuq. And for the most part, they’re no longer claiming Oromo. Not the same for the Darood elements. You’d be surprised visiting east Hararge!
so why do Jaarso claim Dir and not darood shits confusing

Gurgure have never been Oromos (by lineage). Most of them assimilated into Oromos after the great Oromo expansion and subsequently were incorporated in order to participate in the Gadaa system and become a 'lammii' instead of an 'amba' with limited rights in the Oromo society they lived with.

This is no different from let's say Gugundhabe, who are Somalis, but as a result of some of them living with Oromos and/or assimilated, have been added as an 'Oromo' clan, when they in fact are Somalis by lineage.

Last edited:

Cartan Boos

Average SSC Patriot
VIP

Nole are dir

There is a family in Jarso called warra baalcaad aren’t they from baalcaad
After doing some asking around here’s what I’ve found out.

Within Baalcad Absame there’s 5:

Biri Biri Baalcad ( my sub )
Quran Jecel Baalcad
Alam Baalcad ( Ajuuran )
Hintire Baalcad
Surre Baalcad

Out of the 5 Biri Biri Baalcad and Quran Jecel Baalcad are the only ones who still acknowledges their absame lineage.

Hintire Baalcad and Alam Baalcad have become Hawiye and they live in Hiiran and along other parts of the Shabelle river.

Surre Baalcad has unfortunately been assimilated with the Oromos a long time ago. I believe the branch of Baalcad the jaarso are claiming may have come from here.

Last edited:
Here’s the clan chart of Alam Baalcad and Hintire Baalcad according to them.

IMG_9622.jpeg

I’ve highlighted the area of importance (kinda looks like 🍆) lol

They also believe Baalcad had 5 sons and 3 of the names match with what we have. Hintire , Quran Jecel and Alam Baalcad. They have one called Sibir Baalcad which we don’t have and interestingly they have a Weyten Baalcad which according to us is the sibling of Baalcad Absame along with Ogaaden and Jidwaaq.

Last edited:
Here’s the clan chart of Alam Baalcad and Hintire Baalcad according to them.

View attachment 298277
I’ve highlighted the area of importance (kinda looks like 🍆) lol

They also believe Baalcad had 5 sons and 3 of the names match with what we have. Hintire , Quran Jecel and Alam Baalcad. They have one called Sibir Baalcad which we don’t have and interestingly they have a Weyten Baalcad which according to us is the sibling of Baalcad Absame along with Ogaaden and and Jidwaaq.

I'm assuming that Alam/Hintirre have been assimilated into Ajuuran or are there other Hawiye subs too?

The chart you posted, what Hawiye clan does it show? It says Ajuuran at the bottom, but I was wondering if there were another Hawiye clan that Alam/Hintirre have been assimilated into?
According to this chart neither Hintirre Baalcad or Alam Baalcad are Hawiye . Apparently they come under a Shimaale who is supposed to be the brother of Samaale. I looked around for information regarding this Shimaale and I couldn’t find any. The most I’ve found is that some have speculated Shimaale and Samaale is the same person

Hawiye usually claim Ajuuran come under Jembele Hawiye but every Ajuuran traces their lineage back to a Alam Baalcad . There’s no Alam Baalcad in the Hawiye jambele lineage. If you ask most Ajuurans are you hawiye you will get a mixed response. They’re similar to Xawaadle in the sense they’re seen as hawiye even if they’re not.

Hintirre Baalcad is a yaryar in HS and they claim to be the brother of Alam Baalcad so therefore they share the same lineage as the Ajuurans(Alam Baalcad). They have always lived amongst Hawiyes but they have not been assimilated and they’re their own distinct group. The mother of Abgal Cismaan was Hintirre Baalcad apparently.

Gurgure have never been Oromos (by lineage). Most of them assimilated into Oromos after the great Oromo expansion and subsequently were incorporated in order to participate in the Gadaa system and become a 'lammii' instead of an 'amba' with limited rights in the Oromo society they lived with.

This is no different from let's say Gugundhabe, who are Somalis, but as a result of some of them living with Oromos and/or assimilated, have been added as an 'Oromo' clan, when they in fact are Somalis by lineage.

They were assimilated as ilma barchuma which simply means adopted children. They were adopted into the Noole clan under the Muchaa sub clan. To this day the Kundhuble Gurgura around Kombulcha still are considered Noole. Whether they accept it or deny it, it up to them. They have the right not to claim Oromo, but for the most part, this section of Gurgura are still with us. It’s the other Gurgura who for the most part have rejected it and claim their true lineage.

IMG_2433.jpeg

Trending