Bahador Alast comparing Oromo and Somali

No, if you remove loanwords and you look at just native Somali words and the grammatic structure, then Somali is closer to Oromo.
Yes but Arabic is not influenced by other languages by its structure, and Somali follows Arabic in that context. However Some Afro Asiatic languages don't sound Afro Asiatic the sound different.

Apollo

VIP
Yes but Arabic is not influenced by other languages by its structure, and Somali follows Arabic in that context. However Some Afro Asiatic languages don't sound Afro Asiatic the sound different.

Indo-European languages have many sounds.. does German and Hindi sound the same? Or even Italian vs Dutch.

reer

VIP
Indo-European languages have many sounds.. does German and Hindi sound the same? Or even Italian vs Dutch.
af somali doesnt have a big number of consonants. its half half orientated between vowel and consonants. look at afar they have much less consonants. their language is more vowel orientated. the language has shifted a little bit to accomodate arabic script. but somali is oral. words end in g but never in k. words dont have two consecutive consonants. j and ch are not different letters. kh and q are used interchangably. because in an oral society you can get confused. af somali is an oral lanaguage and ofcourse cushitic.

What's the deal with Rendilles and their association with Nilotics? Were they culturally influenced by the Maa speaking Nilotics?

Apollo

VIP
What's the deal with Rendilles and their association with Nilotics? Were they culturally influenced by the Maa speaking Nilotics?

The Samburu tribe only really, but the Samburu also absorbed either South Cushites before or some extinct cousins of the Rendille. So it went both ways, not just one direction.

Apollo

VIP
He should do Maay and Somali next...

It wouldn't be that interesting or surprising since they come from the same country. His YouTube channel is about letting people know that languages spoken in different countries are related.

It wouldn't be that interesting or surprising since they come from the same country. His YouTube channel is about letting people know that languages spoken in different countries are related.
I disagree, I think it would be very interesting. I'm pretty sure they made one on Yiddish and German, both being from the same country as well, plus being very close.. closer than Maay and Somali. If not that, how about Af-Maay and or Afaan Oromo?

reer

VIP
I disagree, I think it would be very interesting. I'm pretty sure they made one on Yiddish and German, both being from the same country as well, plus being very close.. closer than Maay and Somali. If not that, how about Af-Maay and or Afaan Oromo?
maay maay has different dialects. some diluted dialects are mutually intelligible with af somali. while other dialects go from hard to gibberish. in the 70s when somali was standardized the government didnt archive the other somali languages or dialects like maay maay, af barawe af bajuni swahili af mushunguli af garre. probably to protect homogeneity and keep out division. thats why somalis know little about them save for maay maay.

maay maay has different dialects. some diluted dialects are mutually intelligible with af somali. while other dialects go from hard to gibberish. in the 70s when somali was standardized the government didnt archive the other somali languages or dialects like maay maay, af barawe af bajuni swahili af mushunguli af garre. probably to protect homogeneity and keep out division. thats why somalis know little about them save for maay maay.
I don't know what you're trying to say.

J-Rasta

Inactivated
VIP
Somalis share similarities with their estranged cousins , the truth can be painful sometimes,
At some point in historical times , Pre Islamic era
we are shared linguistic and cultural similarities on a large scale , to this present day , wether you'd like to sugarcoat this and sink into your own deflection, then that is on you, if you want to indulge yourself with middle eastern fetishes , feel free and entitled to believe in your distorted fairytales, out of all the Afro-Asiatic , Lowland Cushitic , Oromos are the closest.

It's funny how some Somalis believe they had an influence on our neighbours hence why the similarities did you know the same can be said on the otherside , so quit nabbing with your narratives and open your eyes.

These have the same ancestors but as time went by , they parted ways.

Definitely you should think with rationale without emotions.

we influenced the pagan gallas we dont share language or culture with these people they're not even native to the region plus the oromos that look somali are assimilated/oromized
Oromo's are the closest ethnicity to Somali. Galla means everybody that is not Muslim in Somali language. So stop the Abysinia propaganda. Oromos have always lived in Ethiopia Etitrea and modern day Somalia.

Yukon_Niner

Ugaas of the supreme gentleman
VIP
The best looking woman is the one on the far left on the bottom row; the second best looking is the woman second to the right in the bottom row.
I think I just like thin narrower faces

On the other hand top row 2nd right looks like a tranny, wow I get why they have so many nose surgeries in that region.

Lofi99

LOFI HIGH
Take your cope elsewhere.

This is what Middle Eastern women generally look like:

View attachment 202870

This is what Horn African women generally look like:

View attachment 202872

We absolutely look closer to these groups than Arabs.
It's crazy how some Somalis think we look like Arabs I have never seen a white skinned Somali or a tan Somali with a hook nose and straight air . But I have seen pointy nosed brown skin reddish brown or dark skin Somalis with curly hair. It's embarassing when Somalis claim Arab when the vast majority of Arabs will tell you that we are not Arabs and that infact we are Africans specifically Horner's .

Said barre did us a disservice by joining the Arab League , by the way what has the Arab League ever done for Somalia ? Yet we are still a member even tho the Gulf Arabs watch us starve and kill eachother time and time again .

Ana Arab some Somalis say but it was USA England and turkey who has sent us food aid since the 90s .

Trending