Badhan - Ranked NO 4 Productive City in Puntland

Status
Not open for further replies.

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
I didn't know Badhan was ranked no 4 in Puntland. If Las-anod returns it would take that spot I think, so in reality it's no 5. So it's Bosaso-Galkayo-Garowe-Las anod-Badhan the productivity of the people. Damn L for my clan Qardho, shame on you losing your spot. We are heading towards a path that is terrible which is to replace the old 1960 garowe were people just drop by to have lunch and leave.

Is Qardho, happy with being considered the 'pit-stop' in Puntland?

Tucking_Fypo

سلطنة مجرتين
VIP
Don’t think personally Badhan should be ranked 4th, I mean places like Beyra, Galdogob, Waaciye, Carmo all develop in a much faster paste than Badhan especially considering locals in those districts are behind the initiatives and investments, compare that to Badhan that been receiving state funds and support. Fastest developing district must be Saaxo judging by the transformation from a dusty tuulo to a district challenging all other districts in Mudug:dzmxmmb::2tjlv3e:

The year Saaxo joined PL

Just 1 year later they transformed their district:2tjlv3e:

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
Good on Saaxo, I knew they joined but I never followed it's development. I guess development isn't even tribally linked because I thought Marehan neglect their districts, but it seems 'tribe' doesn't matter, it's more about the administration you join and his agendas and what other cities and districts in that jurisdiction are doing will create a knock on effect to make them hurry the hell up too.

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
It would be interesting to find out what that dir district that joined Puntland called 'towfiq' is up to since they joined to see if my conclusion is right, that tribe isn't the factor to development, it's more about the administration, stability, peace, and government direction and most importantly what other districts are doing in the region which will create in my opinion a development race to ensue.

Thegoodshepherd

Galkacyo iyo Calula dhexdood
VIP
@Tucking_Fypo Qardho probably has a larger economy than Badhan, but you have to keep in mind that Warsangeli are very law abiding people. They are perhaps the most civil of all Somali clans. Their subclans do not even claim towns for themselves, they all live together. They have dhaqan fiican, we can learn a lot from them.

Tucking_Fypo

سلطنة مجرتين
VIP
@Tucking_Fypo Qardho probably has a larger economy than Badhan, but you have to keep in mind that Warsangeli are very law abiding people. They are perhaps the most civil of all Somali clans. Their subclans do not even claim towns for themselves, they all live together. They have dhaqan fiican, we can learn a lot from them.
That explains the of they want so many jails and police stations:ohhh:
come to think of it they never had issues with chrime or insecurites until the couple of years as their urban population is mostly young unemployed people ..the sanaag police and dervish force have been busy the last 2 decades chasing sellers of charcoal:ftw9nwa:

As a person from gedo, Whenever i visit Punt-land i am always impressed with the level of education in the state and the culture Punities have for learning. Its really a sight to behold.

They are also always a friendly rivalry between the MX and MJ's ;). Where the MJ's are beating us hand down with state building no lie, but we got the upper hand in political influence especially through Kenya/South.

Once the enemy/shabab is defeated and we can get a better working relation with the Kismayo scene. the amount of money MX's have we will rebuild Gedo into a sight to behold but we need a massive political influence in Kismayo as most good/services from gedo will have to go throught that city.

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
As a person from gedo, Whenever i visit Punt-land i am always impressed with the level of education in the state and the culture Punities have for learning. Its really a sight to behold.

They are also always a friendly rivalry between the MX and MJ's ;). Where the MJ's are beating us hand down with state building no lie, but we got the upper hand in political influence especially through Kenya/South.

Once the enemy/shabab is defeated and we can get a better working relation with the Kismayo scene. the amount of money MX's have we will rebuild Gedo into a sight to behold but we need a massive political influence in Kismayo as most good/services from gedo will have to go throught that city.

Yeah I can understand Gedo lack of development because of the security matters, it's not much different to sool,sanag, cayn regions which also suffers security concerns due to their divisions between pl/sl. But why hasn't abudwak developed is what suprises me and it enjoys peace and isn't much different to the rest of puntland cities in terms of safety.

I assume it's because galmudug and it's other districts are not pacing along as fast compared to other administrations in development so abudwak people might not feel the need to compete or it must be the administration is pathetic and isn't dedicated to building up the area or create an atmosphere of a development race between galmudug districts, possibly because their wasting time/energy/resources in 'mogadishu' politics which obviously comes at the cost of neglecting their own districts.

Yeah I can understand Gedo lack of development because of the security matters, it's not much different to sool,sanag, cayn regions which also suffers security concerns due to their divisions between pl/sl. But why hasn't abudwak developed is what suprises me and it enjoys peace and isn't much different to the rest of puntland cities in terms of safety.

I assume it's because galmudug and it's neighbors are slower in development so abudwak doesn't feel the need to compete and hence it comes down to the administration in a way and what other cities in your administration is doing.

One of our contractors is from Abdudwak he said that The main reason is Education and political will as well as lack of primary investments. Again Puntland unique as it has the highest base education levels in somalia hence a better overall framework to build/develop faster.

I am super impressed with Adado speed of development and Garowe as well.

The main areas that puntland can improve is level of suspicion they have of other tribes. This is something i have clearly noticed. I personally belief Somalia cant heal fully until a CLEAR reconciliation between Habar gidir and MJ occurs as its an open wound politically, culturally and economically.

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
One of our contractors is from Abdudwak he said that The main reason is Education and political will as well as lack of primary investments. Again Puntland unique as it has the highest base education levels in somalia hence a better overall framework to build/develop faster.

I am super impressed with Adado speed of development and Garowe as well.

The main areas that puntland can improve is level of suspicion they have of other tribes. This is something i have clearly noticed. I personally belief Somalia cant heal fully until a CLEAR reconciliation between Habar gidir and MJ occurs as its an open wound politically, culturally and economically.

Puntland didn't happen or drop from the sky, there was nothing there in 1998 and it was the most backward region in all sectors in comparison to other somali cities. The question I want to know is, why isn't there even an inkling of starting something in abudwak, what are their plans for the city and it's people, the road-map, the diaspora/local leaders working together, engaging galmudug administration, having local administration in abudwaq, collect taxes, seek out NGO, seek out federal govt since your boy farmajo is there. The reason people want power isn't to show off, it's to use that power and time period to benefit it's region and farmajo isn't. He is busy helping hawiye town and neglecting his own when the hawiye locals throw him out tommorow.

Puntland diaspora is bloody active and running around creating networks for puntland through development partners in ngo, using their diaspora funds, making sure the local admins do their bit also, creating plans on what needs to be done. Trust me but I never see this shit from marehan. It's because there is silent competitive race in Puntland between districts and noone wants to be left behind.

That's why I am sad my town Qardho lost it's fourth spot, were becoming like you marehans in alot of ways, where-as other smaller districts are starting to rise up in carmo, waciye, bacadwayn in mudug, saaxo even now from what i saw.

Last edited:
I didn't know Badhan was ranked no 4 in Puntland. If Las-anod returns it would take that spot I think, so in reality it's no 5. So it's Bosaso-Galkayo-Garowe-Las anod-Badhan the productivity of the people. Damn L for my clan Qardho, shame on you losing your spot. We are heading towards a path that is terrible which is to replace the old 1960 garowe were people just drop by to have lunch and leave.

Is Qardho, happy with being considered the 'pit-stop' in Puntland?

Didn't know you guys are allowed in Lasanod?

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
Didn't know you guys are allowed in Lasanod?

I said 'if we re-take las anod' it will definitely be ranked no 4 in productivity in puntland. There isn't much else happening in those eastern areas besides Las anod and Badhan, Erigavo died a long time ago which used to be a key town also but is losing that spot because of the shitty admin in SL. Las anod-Badhan-Buhodle-Burco are really the only things worth mentioning in the eastern areas and guess what 3/4 of those productive areas are HARTI.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts