Ayrab Man Says You Can’t Be Somali And Non Muslim & Somalis Rejoice

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your lineage doesn’t change. That is how Allah created you. A son of so and so.

If you decide to turn your backs on the deen of Allah ( Authobillah, may Allah protect us from that). The reality of what you are doesn’t change. The deen tells us to call people by what they are.

Can anyone provide me with any Islamic proof that if someone decides to leave you can now change their lineage? We have clear. Hadiths about how you cannot change someone lineage.

I will end with this. A Somali who becomes a non Muslim, is still very much Somali. It is haram for me to lie about their lineage.

But a Muslim ajnabi will always be closer to me than a Somali gaal.
This is actually the only post thats straight to the point and made sense in this whole 6 page thread tbh

reer

VIP
Your lineage doesn’t change. That is how Allah created you. A son of so and so.

If you decide to turn your backs on the deen of Allah ( Authobillah, may Allah protect us from that). The reality of what you are doesn’t change. The deen tells us to call people by what they are.

Can anyone provide me with any Islamic proof that if someone decides to leave you can now change their lineage? We have clear. Hadiths about how you cannot change someone lineage.

I will end with this. A Somali who becomes a non Muslim, is still very much Somali. It is haram for me to lie about their lineage.

But a Muslim ajnabi will always be closer to me than a Somali gaal.
i agree and disagree. they can still have lineage because abtiris been maaha. but i dont think inay sii noqon karaan somali. if i had kids with a ajnabi gabadh they would be my qabiil. but if i took them to garbaharey (town in gedo region) its unlikely the kids will be seen as somali. i apply similar logic.

The Waaq religion is practiced by Oromos and Rendilles. Literally nobody knows how similar whatever religion we practiced before Islam was to contemporary Waaqeffanna and what it looked like, or if it was even called Waaq.

Which reinforces my point, the nucleus of everything "Somali" is centered around Islam. Calling yourself a non-Muslim Somali is like a Copt calling himself Hindu or an Armenian calling himself a Sikh. It's just an oxymoron.

Somalis are a textbook example of an ethnoreligious group, similar to the Malay & Hui
Egyptians are Copts (and yes they intermingled with other ethnicities but majority are copts) who converted to Islam and only those who had the money to pay jizyah remained Christians.

Those who are saying Israel is perfect example for an ethnic religious country. Yes, they are Jews and everything but they do have citizens who can freely criticize the country and Judaism.
Can we be like that one day where we open grounds for free thinkers? No

Those who are saying Israel is perfect example for an ethnic religious country. Yes, they are Jews and everything but they do have citizens who can freely criticize the country and Judaism.

lmao at this subzero idiot cooning for a country where non-Jews cannot buy land. Also it’s illegal to critique Israel’s apartheid system in the West Bank, choose a better example if you aren’t an idiot

I’ll be damned if a non-Somali tells me I’m not Somali.

People can comprehend the fact that ACTUAL ethno-religious groups like Jews can be ex-Jewish or Atheist but when it comes to Somalis…people are shocked!?? Why??? There’s more to Somalinimo than just being Muslim. Correct me if I’m wrong, but our ancestors weren’t even practicing Islam until the 14th-16th century (probably even later because there’s no way we all got fully islamized in one go).

I love how the Algerian dude claims the ex-Muslim might be an Ethiopian larper as if Somalis aren’t a major ethnic group in Ethiopia. Least ignorant North African take on SSA lol.

On that note, y’all need to stop allowing or inviting non-Somalis (like North Africans and South Asians) into our community and policing our people…ESPECIALLY Somali women.
i heard somalis was fully practicing islam during 7-10 century ? :stressed:
unless it was another Cushitic such agrobba or harris

I’ll be damned if a non-Somali tells me I’m not Somali.

People can comprehend the fact that ACTUAL ethno-religious groups like Jews can be ex-Jewish or Atheist but when it comes to Somalis…people are shocked!?? Why??? There’s more to Somalinimo than just being Muslim. Correct me if I’m wrong, but our ancestors weren’t even practicing Islam until the 14th-16th century (probably even later because there’s no way we all got fully islamized in one go).

I love how the Algerian dude claims the ex-Muslim might be an Ethiopian larper as if Somalis aren’t a major ethnic group in Ethiopia. Least ignorant North African take on SSA lol.

On that note, y’all need to stop allowing or inviting non-Somalis (like North Africans and South Asians) into our community and policing our people…ESPECIALLY Somali women.

you said you were part Somali , what changed 🤣

lmao at this subzero idiot cooning for a country where non-Jews cannot buy land. Also it’s illegal to critique Israel’s apartheid system in the West Bank, choose a better example if you aren’t an idiot
I am not talking about the Palestinians and Israeli dispute. I am talking about Israelis who live in the occupied regions. There leaders are brutal zionist racist dictators and occupiers. I am not denying that.

Someone mentioned here on this forum, that they are an example for an ethnoreligious country while they have among them citizens with Jewish heritage but are secular at the same time and they are not denied Israeli citizenship or entirely ostracized from the community.

El Nino

Cabsi cabsi
VIP
Sorry Saxib and likewise, you can’t change people’s lineage in Islam. Point blank you are what your abo is.

Also, an ethno religion is a religion in which you need to be from one specific ethnicity to be that religion which certainly isn’t what Islam is. So it seems you have the meaning muddled up. Islam is a religion open to all, so how can Somalis be of a ethno-religion?

Yes, have Somalis been Muslim for centuries upon centuries? Yes. Are our norms and values interlinked and interwined with Islam yes. Will you be ostracized if you leave? Yes.

Does that mean we can abandon actual Islamic principles about lineage? NO. You are what your abo is, point blank. We have been told, call him my his fathers.

In saying that a Muslim ajnabi is closer to me than a Somali gaal. End of.

I understand where you come from abaayo, Im just saying a gaal somali will not suddenly stop being somali but he/she won’t be able to interact with the wider community freely which is why I regard somalis as ethnoreligious people.

I think the two sides in this argument are not understanding each other. Islam is a universal religion and somalis reverted to it alhamdulillah. Islam has been so entrenched into our mind, that gaal somalis are unfathomable and becoming gaal is grounds for exile or getting disowned.

K-M-O

Coping through the 1st world
I understand where you come from abaayo, Im just saying a gaal somali will not suddenly stop being somali but he/she won’t be able to interact with the wider community freely which is why I regard somalis as ethnoreligious people.

I think the two sides in this argument are not understanding each other. Islam is a universal religion and somalis reverted to it alhamdulillah. Islam has been so entrenched into our mind, that gaal somalis are unfathomable and becoming gaal is grounds for exile or getting disowned.

No you don’t get it at all.

if a Somali leaves Islam that doesn’t mean his language, genes and culture will be revoked; it’s only his faith.

that’s it.

Islam is practiced by all believers and all races.

Somali culture doesn’t depend on Islamic culture.

Somalis are not unique in that regard. Islam is a universal religion just like christianity.

I am not talking about the Palestinians and Israeli dispute. I am talking about Israelis who live in the occupied regions. There leaders are brutal zionist racist dictators and occupiers. I am not denying that.

Someone mentioned here on this forum, that they are an example for an ethnoreligious country while they have among them citizens with Jewish heritage but are secular at the same time and they are not denied Israeli citizenship or entirely ostracized from the community.
Israel can’t afford to exclude their secular brethrens, when the Orthodox Jews, the actual religious Jews riot if they are forced in their army or cut off from their handouts

Thegoodshepherd

Galkacyo iyo Calula dhexdood
VIP
Somalis are only an ethnic group because of Islam. You can seperate Malay/Javanese/Persian/Bengali culture from Islam because they remember their pre-Islamic culture, but it is impossible to seperate Islam from Somalis, it is ingrained to our core

A non-Muslim Somali is an oxymoron

Most Somalis don't understand this crucial fact. Islam is what makes you Somali. Our ethnogenesis was started by Islam. We were not an ethnic group before Islam.

But Arabs can be Christian Jews Druids and atheist and still retain their
arab-ness.

Tell the Arab mind his fucking business and deal with Israel who keeps karbashing them .

made an account to respond to this so hopefully you see it. I don't really think anyone knows what the culture of Ethiopians used to be before christianity. they've had that religion for literally thousands of years. Secondly, it's just a hypothesis but i think the reason we kinda look up to Arabs so much is cuz they are the ones closest to us (geographically) and just influenced us more. and since they are so much more powerful than us, just like the asians/whole world worship the white man we do the same. And since islam is the biggest thing we have in common, we try to imitate them through it or they try to manipulate us through it. i think this is where a strong government would be really nice cuz it can filter out all of the nonsense and give the people pride in their own culture. Like if you are made to believe that you have nothing culture/accomplishment wise and islam is the only thing you have, you're gonna hang onto it for dear life.

Also, when i talk to my parents and grandparent about this, they seem to hate the arabs a lot and it might be just an online thing (same thing with racist somalis).

As for the religion issue i think islam is the furthest thing from arab. like the early ashabas literally had to flee cuz islam went against almost everything the arabs were doing.

uprooting already existing cultures and replacing them with arab culture is nothing compared to what's happening rn. They are literally trying to replace the whole of islam with their own version/understanding of it and trying to pass that off as the "only right way".
Thoughtful response in Sspot?:ehh:

The logic that a freethinker is one who insults and disrespects local culture and religion is flawed and should no be respected or accepted. Plus the fact that freethinking doesn't mean having a monopoly on rational thought is given. Being an atheist is irrational to begin with and counter to human instinct. So, it is better for people like that to not engage in undermining the social order and religion of any society. They have zero value to offer when it comes to human curiosity about their origins, destiny and future.

Status
Not open for further replies.