'Ayaanle' paves way for real stories of Somalia on screen

The new Somali movie "Ayaanle" follows the story of a young actor in Nairobi with aspirations to reach Hollywood and emulate Denzel Washington. However, destiny has a distinctive path planned for him and he's only ever cast as a pirate or terrorist

They kidnapped Jack Dorsey
1638219445584.png

We need to make Geelwood a reality, Somalia needs to invest in entertainment as its the only way our country could escape the negative connotation.
When someone thinks of Nigeria no one thinks Boko Haram or the Niger Delta pirates, what comes to mind is Nollywood and Afrobeats.

We need to make Geelwood a reality, Somalia needs to invest in entertainment as its the only way our country could escape the negative connotation.
When someone thinks of Nigeria no one thinks Boko Haram or the Niger Delta pirates, what comes to mind is Nollywood and Afrobeats.
Somalis are naturally creative and have a knack of copying one another which is very important. Just think of the trends our Geelwood would be able to spread, Somalia’s natural beauty would be perfect for filming. Although I’m a bit worried about the health and safety risks the sets would have :stressed:

J-Rasta

Inactivated
VIP
I'd like this concept despite seeing the trailer, it's inspiring my own Imaginations.
In order for our SSPOT compatriots to fill in their files for admission in the film academy.
There are just two requirements.
You need to be the Somali versions of Arnold Schwarzenegger and Vin Diesel.
@Based @Abdalla @Vimor @zuu @Aurelian @Ascended Farax @Anubis @The alchemist
Now fill out the forms and show us your skill.
I mean it you should fill the application.
Picture me as a director in a black suit, sun shades on and smoking this earthy Cuban cigar
and spectating the green screen from a distance ,while my co worker directs the cameraman to portray the swift actions of "Dalmar"@Ras
in his motorcade escaping from the hordes of Armageddon.

@repo "Guleed" a war veteran never taking off his army uniform scopes his rifle with one bullet , his rivals dreading of the unseen assassin.

The character is equivalent to the Shooter movie.
@Periplus is portraying Raage a Somali adeer in his late fifties, wearing a koofiyad probably from the scorching sun, he is seen sipping shaax from Ayaan "@Qeelbax " tea shop,
but this man doesn't seemed to be the taxi driver who engages in FKD he has a trick under his sleeves his vehicle is faster than need for speed, thrifting , responsible for three hundred bank heists worldwide but you didn't expect was him.
@TekNiKo is playing "Mataan" Is a Somali fisherman in his late thirties but
his figure slender and thin resembling that of a Bollywood actor when angered.
Don't underestimate the powers of the skinny villain.
Having survived three wars and his livelihood disrupted he found a golden opportunity in the ruins of Somalia.

He wants nothing but retribution, he was last seen on a running horse among his fellow armies as he used his crossbow lit on fire to initiate the pillaging of the village Sagal "@Basra" and taking her along.
I'd like to see where that chapter takes but I can't leave any spoilers for now.

The story would look cool wouldn't it
"Cut Cut Cut Cut!" As I shout with a microphone slowly descending from the stairs.
"You need to be looking more angrier, yes that's more like it!" As I approached them.
Narating the survival of Geeljires.
A suspense series.

Okay that's never going to happen so I will just pretend I didn't write this lol
If you read this so far well congratulations lol
But yeah looking forward to see how this movie develops. Great acting skills from these talented Somalis.

Last edited:
I think of poverty and scammers when I think about Nigeria

Imagine the bleached out monstrosities fobs will put in their films.

I'd like this concept despite seeing the trailer, it's inspiring my own Imaginations.
In order for our SSPOT compatriots to fill in their files for admission in the film academy.
There are just two requirements.
You need to be the Somali versions of Arnold Schwarzenegger and Vin Diesel.
@Based @Abdalla @Vimor @zuu @Aurelian @Ascended Farax @Anubis @The alchemist
Now fill out the forms and show us your skill.
I mean it you should fill the application.
Picture me as a director in a black suit, sun shades on and smoking this earthy Cuban cigar
and spectating the green screen from a distance ,while my co worker directs the cameraman to portray the swift actions of "Dalmar"@Ras
in his motorcade escaping from the hordes of Armageddon.

@repo "Guleed" a war veteran never taking off his army uniform scopes his rifle with one bullet , his rivals dreading of the unseen assassin.

The character is equivalent to the Shooter movie.
@Periplus is portraying Raage a Somali adeer in his late fifties, wearing a koofiyad probably from the scorching sun, he is seen sipping shaax from Ayaan "@Qeelbax " tea shop,
but this man doesn't seemed to be the taxi driver who engages in FKD he has a trick under his sleeves his vehicle is faster than need for speed, thrifting , responsible for three hundred bank heists worldwide but you didn't expect was him.
@TekNiKo is playing "Mataan" Is a Somali fisherman in his late thirties but
his figure slender and thin resembling that of a Bollywood actor when angered.
Don't underestimate the powers of the skinny villain.
Having survived three wars and his livelihood disrupted he found a golden opportunity in the ruins of Somalia.

He wants nothing but retribution, he was last seen on a running horse among his fellow armies as he used his crossbow lit on fire to initiate the pillaging of the village Sagal "@Basra" and taking her along.
I'd like to see where that chapter takes but I can't leave any spoilers for now.

The story would look cool wouldn't it
"Cut Cut Cut Cut!" As I shout with a microphone slowly descending from the stairs.
"You need to be looking more angrier, yes that's more like it!" As I approached them.
Narating the survival of Geeljires.
A suspense series.

Okay that's never going to happen so I will just pretend I didn't write this lol
If you read this so far well congratulations lol
But yeah looking forward to see how this movie develops. Great acting skills from these talented Somalis.
1638406222764.png

Trending