YFull Discussion Thread

Does it tell you the timeline between the subclans ?

Sorry for the late reply.

Not yet. Only once the analysis is done.

Do we have any info on the T among Hawiyes? There was a study a while back where a Hawiye dude in Jabuuti completely stood out from the Isaaqs and Dirs with T:

4mKBN33.jpg

Made me think he might have possessed a more native Horn form of T-L208 like what's found in Sudan and Ethiopia.

The above Hawiye T sample is closer to the Surre Dir STR's than the Ciise-Gadabursi-Isaaq STR's currently available. Like Soph said, most Hawiyes on 23andme etc. are not T. Furthermore, the above STR tree does not include any Isaaq T's, just E-V32 Isaaqs in Djibouti who overwhelmingly hail from the Abokor Sacad Muuse and are mainly E-V32.

As things stand, it appears that T is dominant among certain Dir subclans. However, we are only going by diaspora Somalis who get tested and they are not exactly representative of all Somali subclans etc.

@Alexis @Awbarre

Need a favour guys.

The preliminary SNP's matched with the new Surre sample are now displayed in the SNP matches section.

I am able to roughly estimate how distant the two Surre samples are from each other going by their preliminary matched SNP's. Their TMRCA, for the moment, looks like it is around the same time our subclade was formed. Could you guys please tell me how many SNP's you share, and assumed shared, with the new Surre sample?

Arabsiyawi

HA Activist.
@Alexis @Awbarre

Need a favour guys.

The preliminary SNP's matched with the new Surre sample are now displayed in the SNP matches section.

I am able to roughly estimate how distant the two Surre samples are from each other going by their preliminary matched SNP's. Their TMRCA, for the moment, looks like it is around the same time our subclade was formed. Could you guys please tell me how many SNP's you share, and assumed shared, with the new Surre sample?
E2125B36-06B1-4667-8844-5AF2C46A8526.jpeg

Thanks.

My theory that clan identities which existed before the adoption of Islam are most likely confederacies appears to be true in the case of the two Surre samples. The new Surre sample is closer to you guys than he is to the first Surre sample at the moment. It is early days and I am hypothesising based on the preliminary data.

Last edited:

Arabsiyawi

HA Activist.
Thanks.

My theory that clan identities which existed before the adoption of Islam are most likely confederacies appears to be true in the case of the two Surre samples. The new Surre sample is closer to you guys than he is to the first Surre sample at the moment. It is early days and I am hypothesising based on the preliminary data.
Seems like I’m just as close to Awbarre as I am to my fellow Ishaaqs. Interesting.

SOMALI TRIBES IN ERITREA

:dead:I used wonder, where you get all the crazy idea, about the lost Somali Clans in

Eritrea, Sudan and Ethiopia. But, now i know, after watching the videos makes sense.:nvjpqts::nvjpqts::nvjpqts:

I especially liked the Saho Videos, i could hear the kids speak some Somali like "mi magacayga"

"My name is" It seems the Saho kept most of the Cushitic culture.

:dead:I used wonder, where you get all the crazy idea, about the lost Somali Clans in

Eritrea, Sudan and Ethiopia. But, now i know, after watching the videos makes sense.:nvjpqts::nvjpqts::nvjpqts:

I especially liked the Saho Videos, i could hear the kids speak some Somali like "mi magacayga"

"My name is" It seems the Saho kept most of the Cushitic culture.
Arap Sh Isaaq are originally Saho. The biggest saho tribe is called Erob Saho. Both Arap and Saho are EV22.

Arabsiyawi

HA Activist.
Arap Sh Isaaq are originally Saho. The biggest saho tribe is called Erob Saho. Both Arap and Saho are EV22.
Irob are orthodox Christians, nothing in common with somalis
@Mujahid Nur Marehan

It makes sense, we were only isolated from Non Muslims, but not from Muslim Tribes in the
horn of Africa, especially during Jihad and Ahmed Guray timeline.
No, Irob might speak Saho as a language but are Orthodox Christians and are culturally Tigrayan. There’s legit no proof of any Somali tribe settling or founding any Eritrean tribe/ethnic group

@Alexis @Awbarre

Need a favour guys.

Looks like @Alexis beat me to it. I'll post mine now.

Keep updating us. I'm no where near as informed about the select details of the subclades as you guys are.

Thanks for the information.

Trending