GENETICS average benadiri and barawani dna results

Also the people who speak af maay are also digil ,so to classify af tunni af jiddu and af dabarre seperately is wrong. Digil Diinsame is the ancestor of mirifle. As mirifle is son of Reewin son of Safar son of Kaalmogi son of talmadar son of Maxamed son of Digil.

View attachment 265830
This is from المنارة الهادية إلي تاريخ إمارة بارطيري a book written by Sheeq Eething Sheeq Si'id, the man in that video.
I know that they all claim one abtirsi descend from digil, reewin descend from sheikh maxamed digil whereas tunni are cisse digil and so on but this is not about the abtirsi but linguistics sxb. Us darood claim to be descendants of arabs does that make us arab in your view? My point is, linguistics have shown already many decades ago that af maay and af maaxa tiri are more similar to each other than to the digil dialects and this corresponds to what reewin themselves say about these digil dialects/languages, if you have some evidence to back up your claim that af maay is more similar to af jiddu than to af maxaa tiri I would like to see it walaal

Also by the way, when I'm talking about "digil dialects/languages", I'm using the term linguists use to refer to (af tunni , af (dabarre, irole), af karre,..) without af maay, but you're right obviously that reewin are digil too.

Last edited:
Also stop butchering the names of our towns it's Marka and Barawa.
Baraawe isn't even the benadiri name of the city walaal, why do you even care how it is pronounced. Don't the hatimi and bidaa call the city Mwini, from which the name of their language chimwini comes? The name Baraawe is said to have come from the title of a oromo chief or from a naaneys of sheikh aw cali as said by cerulli ( who is also the source you're using). Cerulli also believes Aw cali was garre.

Also by the way, what clan of benadiri are you( shanshi, hatimi or else) and are you 12 kofi, reer baraawe or reer xamar

Last edited:

Cartan Boos

Average SSC Patriot
VIP
If mogadishu was founded by somalis wouldn't the oldest graves found there be of ethnic somali, wouldn't there be masjids built by ethnic somalis in xamarweyne and shingaani? Or where ethnic Somalis living invisibly.View attachment 265697

Mogadishu comes from Maq'ad Shah which is a combination of an Arabic and Persian word that's what all banadiri scholars have agreed upon.View attachment 265698
Also stop butchering the names of our towns it's Marka and Barawa.

Hawiyes or Digil &Mirifle never founded the old stone town of Marka which is made up of Saraha and awbaale. They weren't urban people and the first hawiyes to settle in
stone town of Marka were juunjis who were blacksmiths from Hiraab and they arrived around 300 years ago.

Stone town of barawa ie mpaayi and biruuni were established by Arabs and persians also,tunnis lived in areas adjacent to them as they were agro pastoralists who preferred pastoral life to urban life.There were no intermarriages between them until tunnis became urbanized.

Harar ,Berbera and Zaylac look completely different from banadiri cities the architecture isn't identical.Old town of Zaylac may look similar since it was established by Arabs but the architecture will still vary as they were different Arabs.

Also Indians first arrived in banadir coast in the 1800s, there isn't any banadiri clan that's indian, Indian clans and families are known and they kept their identity seperate.
What this, no research has been done in Somalia so clearly we don't know yet but it deff gonna be ethnic Somali and not Indians, muqdisho name is self explanatory muuq-dishu = killer sight, sx when none Somali reer benadir do DNA test they come out big chunk of desi and Niger Congo, if u lil xalwo cookers actually build this city u would've been mention by ibnu batuta instead he mentioned the true natives, I know it's hard being mixed group like u but stop claiming my history

this wrong walaal. You're correct that af aweer/boni and af garre are similar, their in fact the same language, but the rest of what you said is not. There is no linguist that will tell you af juddu is similar to af maay, in fact af jiddu is similar to bayso tahn to af maay, af maxaa tiri or any other somaloid language. This schema shows the relation of the languages well:
View attachment 265829
Well it is closer to af maay than maxatiri. And there's no dialect called geelidle
According to that schema rendille is closer to maay than jiddu

I know that they all claim one abtirsi descend from digil, reewin descend from sheikh maxamed digil whereas tunni are cisse digil and so on but this is not about the abtirsi but linguistics sxb. Us darood claim to be descendants of arabs does that make us arab in your view? My point is, linguistics have shown already many decades ago that af maay and af maaxa tiri are more similar to each other than to the digil dialects and this corresponds to what reewin themselves say about these digil dialects/languages, if you have some evidence to back up your claim that af maay is more similar to af jiddu than to af maxaa tiri I would like to see it walaal

Also by the way, when I'm talking about "digil dialects/languages", I'm using the term linguists use to refer to (af tunni , af (dabarre, irole), af karre,..) without af maay, but you're right obviously that reewin are digil too.
Yh those foreign linguists were wrong in that aspect.Reewins themselves say that af tunni,af dabarre and af iroole is closer to af maay,an af maay speaker could pick up af tunni and af dabarre &iroole easily

Baraawe isn't even the benadiri name of the city walaal, why do you even care how it is pronounced. Don't the hatimi and bidaa call the city Mwini, from which the name of their language chimwini comes? The name Baraawe is said to have come from the title of a oromo chief or from a naaneys of sheikh aw cali as said by cerulli ( who is also the source you're using). Cerulli also believes Aw cali was garre.

Also by the way, what clan of benadiri are you( shanshi, hatimi or else) and are you 12 kofi, reer baraawe or reer xamar
It's used by banadiris, yes they do call it mwiini(pronounced miini)and not only Hatimi and biida clans also Ashraaf clans and Oojis.We historically called it Bandar Barawa

I didn't use cerulli as a source, I used sources that he translated and he made assumptions based on what local sources he was presented.

And I'm sheekhaal jaziira also known as Reer jaziira. 12 Koofi and Mashayikh is a political title, people of marka and jilib marka just call themselves reer marka /jilib marka without mentioning 12koofi and mashayikh

Yh those foreign linguists were wrong in that aspect.
linguist don't make just statements out of nothing, they go through very specific details of the language like the grammer, words, building of sentences to classify these languages. You can look at the pdf book I link you where it shows different sentences of these dialects/languages which ones are similar to each other. The whole grammatic structure differs from af maay/af maxaa tir to af tunni
file:///C:/Users/amiin/Downloads/Die%20Somali-Dialekte%20(1).pdf

Reewins themselves say that af tunni,af dabarre and af iroole is closer to af maay,an af maay speaker could pick up af tunni and af dabarre &iroole easil
No I disagree, I have reewin relatives and from what I've heard from them its still not easier to pick up than af maxaa tiri even though in fact af tunni and the others have been influenced by af dhoobey dialect of af maay over the centuries.

What this, no research has been done in Somalia so clearly we don't know yet but it deff gonna be ethnic Somali and not Indians, muqdisho name is self explanatory muuq-dishu = killer sight, sx when none Somali reer benadir do DNA test they come out big chunk of desi and Niger Congo, if u lil xalwo cookers actually build this city u would've been mention by ibnu batuta instead he mentioned the true natives, I know it's hard being mixed group like u but stop claiming my history
Has there has been archeological excavations done along banadir coast, and as banadiris we've preserved our history well. We had qadhi records in every town some where even translated to Italian and English like in the book "Inscrizioni e documenti Arabi per la storia Della Somalia "
Here's some snippets of the book where it translates names engraved to graves of arabs and persians of mogadishu from the 7th hijri century
Screenshot_20230410_191916.jpg
Screenshot_20230410_191849.jpg
Screenshot_20230410_191815.jpg

Yh those foreign linguists were wrong in that aspect.Reewins themselves say that af tunni,af dabarre and af iroole is closer to af maay,an af maay speaker could pick up af tunni and af dabarre &iroole easily
Also interestingly there have been newer studies on the mutual intelligibelity of af maay and af maxaa tiri and they concluded that they are partially mutually intelligible and should be categorized as a type 5 dialects.
https://cornerstone.lib.mnsu.edu/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=1275&context=etds

Yaqut Al Hamawi mentioned in his book Kitab Mu'jamul Buldan that the inhabitants of mogadishu were غرباء meaning strangers as in different to inhabitants of the interior and they didn't have a king however their affairs were run by the advanced ie the tribe elders .
Screenshot_20230410_192328.jpg

Also Ibn Battuta himself mentions that the traditions of the people of mogadishu in greetings were same as people of Yemen and this corresponds to reality as one of the oldest clans in mogadishu were Reer faqi (also known as Banu Qahtan)originally from yemen.

Screenshot_20230410_193801.jpg

Prior to Islam by 8 centuries , Mogadishu was inhabited by Himyaris and their ruler was Sultan As'ad Al-Himyari also known as Abi Karb

linguist don't make just statements out of nothing, they go through very specific details of the language like the grammer, words, building of sentences to classify these languages. You can look at the pdf book I link you where it shows different sentences of these dialects/languages which ones are similar to each other. The whole grammatic structure differs from af maay/af maxaa tir to af tunni
file:///C:/Users/amiin/Downloads/Die%20Somali-Dialekte%20(1).pdf

No I disagree, I have reewin relatives and from what I've heard from them its still not easier to pick up than af maxaa tiri even though in fact af tunni and the others have been influenced by af dhoobey dialect of af maay over the centuries.
I know that linguists go in very specific details but I'm talking about the fact that af maay is a Digil language since it's spoken by people from Digil. I believe the linguists didn't have much understanding of rahanweyn people and their clan structure so they confused the modern day "digil" with who digil are by lineage.

That file you linked isn't working

Tunnis that speak af tunni speak af maay as a second language from af tunni,same for dabarre,iroole and garres.Jiidos in lower shabelle also speak af maay as second language

Also af dhoobey isn't spoken close to regions where af tunni and af dabarre/iroole is spoken so how're they influencing eachother?

Garaad diinle

 
Oh wow here comes the ridicules claims. Is there perhaps musnad writings found in mogadishu?
What did yaqut al-hamawi know about mogadishu other than the word of mouth? Ibn battuta included mogadishu in the berber coast and clearly stated that the rulers was also a berber.

I know that linguists go in very specific details but I'm talking about the fact that af maay is a Digil language since it's spoken by people from Digil. I believe the linguists didn't have much understanding of rahanweyn people and their clan structure so they confused the modern day "digil" with who digil are by lineage.

That file you linked isn't working

Tunnis that speak af tunni speak af maay as a second language from af tunni,same for dabarre,iroole and garres.Jiidos in lower shabelle also speak af maay as second language

Also af dhoobey isn't spoken close to regions where af tunni and af dabarre/iroole is spoken so how're they influencing eachother?
I think we're going in circles in this discussion, better we end it here and just agree to disagree on this topic.
Link to the book: https://arcadia.sba.uniroma3.it/bitstream/2307/3720/1/Die Somali-Dialekte.pdf

Last edited:
Yaqut Al Hamawi mentioned in his book Kitab Mu'jamul Buldan that the inhabitants of mogadishu were غرباء meaning strangers as in different to inhabitants of the interior and they didn't have a king however their affairs were run by the advanced ie the tribe elders .
View attachment 265841

Also Ibn Battuta himself mentions that the traditions of the people of mogadishu in greetings were same as people of Yemen and this corresponds to reality as one of the oldest clans in mogadishu were Reer faqi (also known as Banu Qahtan)originally from yemen.

View attachment 265843

Prior to Islam by 8 centuries , Mogadishu was inhabited by Himyaris and their ruler was Sultan As'ad Al-Himyari also known as Abi Karb
I know Himyar had control over Azania but was Sarapion part of Azania is what we need to ask ourselves. There is clear evidence of Himyar control over Rhapta but I’m yet to see Himyar control in Sarapion. If you have any evidence please send it my way.

Also, people need to stop assuming that benadiri are Indians. Not all of them are Indians. Some are clearly Arab in origin. Even the Indian ones have a higher Arab percentage on DNA test compared to your average Somali.

You're speaking out of emotions with zero factual evidence.I didn't say all ethnic somali were nomads it seems you lack basic comprehension skills, reread my first comment.

I also mentioned ethnic somali cratfsmen like juunji.There are far more craftsmen groups, however ethnic somalis of nomadic background tend to look down on them.

Eyl looks nothing like xamar or marka or barawa, There weren't any multi storey buildings of elegant Arabic design.
Banadiri stone towns and all the other stone towns accross east African coast look similar to cities in Hadhramut, Hijaz and Arabia in general.

Can you name any ancient masjid built by ethnic somalis that's even 300 years old.
The oldest mosques in the Horn are located in North West and North East Somalia not Xamar. I said Eyl has "similar" architecture to Xamar, even Awdal did before it got bombed. I never mentioned Marka nor Barwa. There are even walls in Harar which were built in the 14th century which are similar and were built by Somalis according to Amhara historical texts. Are you saying Bendaries built those despite them being in Pakistan and Kerala at the time?

The only one speaking out emotions is you. I suggest you do a DNA test, DNA doesn't lie and you are a Somalized immigrant from Pakistan and Kerala who came to Somalia in the 15th/16th centuries. You are not an arab nor persians and arabs never even had any authority in Somalia nor were did they ever control any trade routes. Everything was own and maintained by Somalis.

I don't understand why cadcads and bantus do this wewuz sh*t , it's pathetic, just accept you aren't natives here. It's pathetic. We get you are angry at some people from mudug and galgaduud stealing "your" houses and farms but no need to put all Somalis under that label of expansionist nomadic warrior.

You have your own history but don't try to discredit ethnic Somali history and ethnic Somali people, if you what you say were even remotely true you would have genetic and historical evidence to back up your claims. You wouldn't be speaking Somali.

Here is Zaylac architectures before Italy & England bombed Awdal.

FDk-3vMVkAUcEkG.jpg

Last edited: