Autism in the Somali community

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread is for #WorldAutismDay
Autism is very high in the Somali community
1 in 32 Somali children in Minnesota have autism compared to 1 in 62 for African Americans and 1 in 36 for White Americans (https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/why-autism-seems-to-cluster-in-some-immigrant-groups/)

In Sweden and Canada, Somali communities are noted as having a higher than average rate of Autism

Yet Somalis are still silent and uneducated about this disease. I have an autistic cousin myself. Do you guys have any autistic relatives?

NotMyL

"You are your best thing"
VIP
Autism in Somalis seems to be on the rise, there are several reasons for this but I donโ€™t believe we should stop vaccination. It boggles my mind when I hear elders suggesting to stop vaccinations as itโ€™s the cause of autism:faysalwtf:

No single person in my family/extended family has any diseases, we are civilized enough to know you shouldn't be marrying your cousins.

NotMyL

VIP
No single person in my family/extended family has any diseases, we are civilized enough to know you shouldn't be marrying your cousins.
upload_2019-4-2_16-5-32.gif

Thread is for #WorldAutismDay
Autism is very high in the Somali community
1 in 32 Somali children in Minnesota have autism compared to 1 in 62 for African Americans and 1 in 36 for White Americans (https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/why-autism-seems-to-cluster-in-some-immigrant-groups/)

In Sweden and Canada, Somali communities are noted as having a higher than average rate of Autism

Yet Somalis are still silent and uneducated about this disease. I have an autistic cousin myself. Do you guys have any autistic relatives?
No but i's indeed an issue worth being discussed do somalis even have a word for it? Am I the only one that hate we use the word handhikab for everything usually in a negative way

pablo

Make Dhulos Great Again
Inbreeding is probably the cause, or some Somalis are born with lower IQ than the average 68IQ, which may cause some to develop autism as 68IQ is already so low any lower thereโ€™s no way you can possibly function.55421E69-DDF8-4EB0-BCEC-52EC71045982.png

Basra

LOVE is a product of Doqoniimo mixed with lust
Let Them Eat Cake
VIP
is it really horrible to be Autistic? I just went to Youtube and saw this Autistic kid being interviewed. He seems brighter than the average teenager..

NotMyL

VIP
is it really horrible to be Autistic? I just went to Youtube and saw this Autistic kid being interview. He seem brighter than the average teenager..

High functioning autists are some of the smartest people you will meet but thatโ€™s just looking at one aspect. Autists struggle with basic social interactions that come naturally to us, thereโ€™s also the whole obsessive behavior thing.

Basra

LOVE is a product of Doqoniimo mixed with lust
Let Them Eat Cake
VIP
High functioning autists are some of the smartest people you will meet but thatโ€™s just looking at one aspect. Autists struggle with basic social interactions that come naturally to us, thereโ€™s also the whole obsessive behavior thing.

So what sort of things will they be obsessive over?

@Basra

Regardless of where they are on the autism spectrum (high-middle and low functioning), one thing they all have in common is their strict guidance to routine. โ€œNormalโ€ people may alter it, but they canโ€™t.

Autism in Somalis seems to be on the rise, there are several reasons for this but I donโ€™t believe we should stop vaccination. It boggles my mind when I hear elders suggesting to stop vaccinations as itโ€™s the cause of autism:faysalwtf:

image-5.png

screen-shot-2017-07-06-at-9-08-46-pm4.png

6a00d8357f3f2969e201b8d1f6118e970c-pi

The debate is no longer about whether it benefits you or not, it's outright haram, and I am not even counting the pig/beef/monkey cells.

There is a reason why this disease disproportionately and significantly affect boys only, they use cells deprived from aborted female fetus.

These are not the same vaccines that we had back in those days, I have yet to come across a single Somali family that opted out on religious grounds (due to the pork/beef that is included) whose child has autism.

This disease is virtually unknown back home, vaccines are the main cause of this!

Last edited:
Why are you sending shots for me I got vaccinated for holiday recently:farmajoyaab:

It was a Somali nurse that had the audacity to give me a good 4 different injections.:faysalwtf:

There is a big difference between pumping you full of this stuff + mercury and the rest of the dangerous chemicals as opposed to a little baby whose immune system hasn't developed yet.

You only got 4, they get a lot more then that at a young age.

The image below is from their own official website were they attempt to debunk the 72 doses of vaccines until the child reaches 18 in 2016, they are arguing it's just 52! each of these loaded with toxins, pig cells, monkey cells and aborted fetus cells.

https://vaxopedia.org/2018/07/15/learn-the-risks-of-falling-for-anti-vaccine-propaganda/

72dose-propaganda.jpg

@Gambar

You disputing the fact they use aborted fetus cells in vaccines? this stuff is no secret, do you even read the ingredient list?

wax lagu qasaarey ba tahay and to think that I used to hold you in much higher esteem before.

Last edited:

NotMyL

VIP
Imagine doing the same thing every day at the same time. Like watching your favorite TV show at 4pm or eating dinner at 5, for most of us if the schedule changes and we eat dinner at 6 instead, itโ€™s no biggie right? For someone with autism itโ€™s like the end of the world. Routine means everything, you have to do everything at the same time every day.

NotMyL

VIP
image-5.png

screen-shot-2017-07-06-at-9-08-46-pm4.png

6a00d8357f3f2969e201b8d1f6118e970c-pi

The debate is no longer about whether it benefits you or not, it's outright haram, and I am not even counting the pig/beef/monkey cells.

There is a reason why this disease disproportionately and significantly affect boys only, they use cells deprived from aborted female fetus.

These are not the same vaccines that we had back in those days, I have yet to come across a single Somali family that opted out on religious grounds (due to the pork/beef that is included) whose child has autism.

This disease is virtually unknown back home, vaccines are the main cause of this!

There are multiple studies done to disapprove this but I will let you believe what you want, from my understanding on this subject no explanation I provide will make you understand the importance of vaccination.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts