Australia Leadership Crisis

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im not so sure...is a country forced to diversify the demographics? Is it wrong for a country to stay white or ethnically pure if its a choice they made...?

At the same time, i think it has to be reciprocal, South Africa has allowed in white people so white countries need to let in black people, otherwise, people will make claims of hypocrisy and favoritism.

But being against ethnic diversity is a morally neutral choice, it doesn't require any justification.

Shushue

Absolutely, wealthy Asian countries like Japan, South Korea, Singapore, Taiwan decided to be ethnically "pure" and no one calls them racists. I do believe that it is morally wrong for some powerful European countries to put pressure or force smaller countries like the Czech Republic, Poland and others to absorb refugees that they don't want and nor can integrate to their societies and economies. Look at Finland and Somali migrants, did it work?

Last edited:
Shushue

Absolutely, wealthy Asian countries like Japan, South Korean, Singapore, Taiwan decided to be ethnically "pure" and no one calls them racists. I do believe that it is morally wrong for some powerful European countries to put pressure or force smaller countries like the Czech Republic, Poland and others to absorb refugees that they don't want and nor can integrate to their societies and economies. Look at Finland and Somali migrants, did it work?

It's totally morally neutral. Some think diversity is a virtue just like other universally acknowledged virtues which isnt true. I think it should be celebrated where it exists but increasing it is not a moral case.

Gutting social services and tuition, bailouts to big banks but raising taxes, NBN fiasco etc

This country is finished. It’ll be just like America give or take a decade. At least Rudd and Gillard were somewhat competent and tried but it all went to shit with Abbott.

Phaerdrist

I do agree with you that the NBN fiasco is on Tony Abbot's shoulders, but Malcolm Turnbull shares with him much of that responsibility because he was his Communications Minister and strongly came out against it. The Global Financial Crisis (GFS) of 2008 triggered by the American Subprime mortgages occurred when Rudd and Labor were in government and the government became guarantors to the Banks so people won't empty out their savings and cause an un-necessary financial crisis. There was no Bank bailouts like in the U.S under Bush and Obama. Labor were the architects of the market economy that we see today because they started the deregulations of the major banks and privatisation of publicly owned major businesses. They re-introduced the Student HECS program. Gutting social services is a major policy of both Labor and the Liberals because the end game now for any government is to have budget surpluses to keep interest rates low. I agree with you that Taxes paid by those who earn $140,000 or below are way too high here, but when the billionaires and multinational companies aren't paying much taxes, how else will you pay for the social services, student loans, hospitals, schools, building and maintaining infrastructures? These multinational companies and the billionaires always threaten governments that they will move their businesses offshore where taxes are lower. This means the loss of much needed jobs and tax on employees and services. This is the ugly side of globalisation and we are luckier than many countries whose wealth are looted for lesser returns.

Last edited:

Spiderman

Shalom goyim
Anglo Saxon and Scandis are better at running countries and complex organizations.
Warya we were more advanced then the Scandia hundreds of years ago. These niggas were living in huts while celebrating their next rape and pillage while we were trading with the rest of the world. :kodaksmiley:

mrlog

VIP
Yep, it wasn’t hard to predict that Scot Morrison will be selected as a compromise alternative prime minister. Ladies and gentlemen, welcome to the first religious-Right new Australian prime minister who beat a fascist politician. He has proven himself to be a realist rather than an ideologue.

Dear Moderators,

we rarely discuss Australian politics on somalispot and please don’t move this thread again.

Abti ileen the moderators waxaa kujidha qaar fudud/trigger happy.
Horta ninyo meedey Eedo Pauline Hanson ?

Phaerdrist

I do agree with you that the NBN fiasco is on Tony Abbot's shoulders, but Malcolm Turnbull shares with him much of that responsibility because he was his Communications Minister and strongly came out against it. The Global Financial Crisis (GFS) of 2008 triggered by the American Subprime mortgages occurred when Rudd and Labor were in government and the government became guarantors to the Banks so people won't empty out their savings and cause an un-necessary financial crisis. There was no Bank bailouts like in the U.S under Bush and Obama. Labor were the architects of the market economy that we see today because they started the deregulations of the major banks and privatisation of publicly owned major businesses. They re-introduced the Student HECS program. Gutting social services is a major policy of both Labor and the Liberals because the end game now for any government is to have budget surpluses to keep interest rates low. I agree with you that Taxes paid by those who earn $140,000 or below are way too high here, but when the billionaires and multinational companies aren't paying much taxes, how else will you pay for the social services, student loans, hospitals, schools, building and maintaining infrastructures? These multinational companies and the billionaires always threaten governments that they will move their businesses offshore where taxes are lower. This is the ugly side of globalisation and we are luckier than many countries whose wealth are looted for lesser returns.

To me it seems that after Abbott became PM things took a nosedive for this nation. Murdoch having a stranglehold on the media and pumping out scare campaigns against immigrants and misinformation ain’t helping things out other. I feel like the political establishment wants to see how far they can push things, just look at how they’re privatising public services like Centrelink and selling out national industries to foreigners. It’s always the same thing with these people.

• Climate Policy not working > Govt - No it's fine
  • NBN not working > Govt - No it's fine
  • Offshore detention not working > Govt - No it's fine
  • Neoliberalisation not working > Govt - No it's fine
I’m guessing they want things to be like the states, they did the same thing to the U.K overtime. I’m going to go out on a limb and say things are going to get much worse.

Last edited:
Abti ileen the moderators waxaa kujidha qaar fudud/trigger happy.
Horta ninyo meedey Eedo Pauline Hanson ?

mrlog

Eeddo Pauline is now a professor in Queensland University of Rednecks.

Sxb, jokes aside, she is senator and now, some of the so called racist policies she advocated years ago has been officially adopted. She is now in competition with other fringe Far Right parties whom she considers too extreme for her liking.:ftw9nwa: She has now switched off her criticism from Asian migration to Australia and replaced it with banning Muslim and African migration which the Far Right on the Liberal Party MPs and their supporters are on board with her.

She refused to budge to the Federal government's recent proposal of tax cuts to big businesses citing the major Banks who are engulfed on an ongoing Royal Commission that exposed their treachery. When the government excluded the banks, she backflipped and tied her support to the banning of Muslim and African migration to Australia. She's still chasing us.

Breach of trust: how Australian banks went bad.

https://www.smh.com.au/business/ban...ustralian-banks-went-bad-20180420-p4zarc.html

To me it seems that after Abbott became PM things took a nosedive for this nation. Murdoch having a stranglehold on the media and pumping out scare campaigns against immigrants and misinformation ain’t helping things out other. I feel like the political establishment wants to see how far they can push things, just look at how they’re privatising public services like Centrelink and selling out national industries to foreigners. It’s always the same thing with these people.

• Climate Policy not working > Govt - No it's fine
  • NBN not working > Govt - No it's fine
  • Offshore detention not working > Govt - No it's fine
  • Neoliberalisation not working > Govt - No it's fine
I’m guessing they want things to be like the states, they did the same thing to the U.K overtime. I’m going to go out on a limb and say things are going to get much worse.

Phaedrus

Murdoch failed his attempt to install Peter Dutton, the most hated Australian politician from a major party as prime minister. He can take an L for that to his grave. But what surprises me most is Fairfax media. It owns two major newspapers in Sydney and Melbourne. The Age in Melbourne and the Sydney Morning Herald which both papers have always been and still is a centre-right mouthpieces and crusaders of multiculturalism and anti-racism. They also own Radio 2GB in Sydney which hosts the two biggest shock-jocks in Australia, Alan Jones and Ray Hadley whom both propagate Far Right ideology of bigotry. How about that for a media hypocrisy? At-least you know where Murdoch stands.

Keo

VIP
Shushue

Absolutely, wealthy Asian countries like Japan, South Korea, Singapore, Taiwan decided to be ethnically "pure" and no one calls them racists. I do believe that it is morally wrong for some powerful European countries to put pressure or force smaller countries like the Czech Republic, Poland and others to absorb refugees that they don't want and nor can integrate to their societies and economies. Look at Finland and Somali migrants, did it work?
Most Somalis in Finland are doing well. Finland ain't like Sweden.

So New Zealand is Canada and Australia is like the US.

doroafels

More or less that analogy is accurate considering that we are more populous, wealthier, stronger militarily and more conservative. But minus the guns. Both countries have similar strict gun-laws. However, an American NRA type organisation with big bucks from American donors came to light here recently, Australians are almost pro-gun control and I don't see them succeeding here. Your analogy seems to be correct.

Phaedrus

Murdoch failed his attempt to install Peter Dutton, the most hated Australian politician from a major party as prime minister. He can take an L for that to his grave. But what surprises me most is Fairfax media. It owns two major newspapers in Sydney and Melbourne. The Age in Melbourne and the Sydney Morning Herald which both papers have always been and still is a centre-right mouthpieces and crusaders of multiculturalism and anti-racism. They also own Radio 2GB in Sydney which hosts the two biggest shock-jocks in Australia, Alan Jones and Ray Hadley whom both propagate Far Right ideology of bigotry. How about that for a media hypocrisy? At-least you know where Murdoch stands.

You got me there Aussie, the Liberal party just unanimously elected Alan Jones leader after hearing him use the N-word on air. Can't wait to hear Andrew Bolt squirm his way through this mess. :bell:

@AussieHustler
How is it possible for Australia to be pure ethnic, when the majority of them are of European heritage?

Deekhow

"pure ethnic"?

It is a multi-ethnic and multicultural society with a European majority. Contrary to popular belief, a Chinese admiral came (I hate to use the word discovered because there were already indigenous people here and that term was used to dispossess them of their land) to Australia before the British Captain Cook. Also, there were Chinese citizens living in places like Bendigo in Victoria prospecting gold some 200 years ago.

It's official: Admiral Zheng beat Cook to Australia.

https://www.theage.com.au/world/its...g-beat-cook-to-australia-20021125-gdutvo.html

Chinese on the goldfields.

By the early 1850s, news of a gold rush in Australia had reached southern China, sparking an influx in Chinese migration to Australia.
It is thought that approximately 7000 Chinese people came to work at the Araluen gold fields in southern NSW. The Chinese miners often worked in organised groups of 30 to 100 men under the direction of a leader, which resulted in their gold digging efforts being very successful.

Conflict between the Chinese and Europeans on the goldfields stemmed from the European miners’ resentment of these successes.

https://sydneylivingmuseums.com.au/stories/chinese-goldfields

You got me there Aussie, the Liberal party just unanimously elected Alan Jones leader after hearing him use the N-word on air. Can't wait to hear Andrew Bolt squirm his way through this mess. :bell:

PhaedrusHunt

I had an encounter with Andrew Bolt during my Uni days and he seemed to be an interesting bloke in that encounter. I met him in the family home of a mate for his birthday. He (like everyone on the Right) are trying to outdo one another and be relevant to their base. His last essay/article of "us against them" was purely trash.

Forgot about Alan Jones and his hypocritic tirades against the LGBT. Do you know he was arrested in London for allegedly soliciting homosexual sex in a public toilet when homosexuality was illegal there? He got off because of lack of evidence.

London incident

On 6 December 1988, Jones was arrested in an underground public toilet on Broadwick Street in the Soho area of London. He was taken to the Mayfair police station and charged with 'outraging public decency' and 'committing an indecent act'. Jones' friends rushed to his support, and when the case was heard in the Marlborough Street Magistrates' Court the next day The Crown withdrew the more serious charge, with Jones pleading not guilty to the lesser charge of committing an indecent act. The authorities ultimately did not present any evidence to support either charge, and the second charge was also later dropped, with Jones' lawyers winning 70 in costs. Jones read a prepared statement when he first appeared back on his radio show on 16 January 1989, saying "I am and always was innocent of the charges levelled against me".[4][72] Jones has avoided talking about the incident ever since, although it is frequently raised by his opponents or those looking to highlight alleged hypocrisy in his comments.[10][24][73]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alan_Jones_(radio_broadcaster)

Last edited:
PhaedrusHunt

I had an encounter with Andrew Bolt during my Uni days and he seemed to be an interesting bloke in that encounter. I met him in the family home of a mate for his birthday. He (like everyone on the Right) are trying to outdo one another and be relevant to their base. His last essay/article of "us against them" was purely trash.

Forgot about Alan Jones and his hypocritic tirades against the LGBT. Do you know he was arrested in London for allegedly soliciting homosexual sex in a public toilet when homosexuality was illegal there? He got off because of lack of evidence.

London incident

On 6 December 1988, Jones was arrested in an underground public toilet on Broadwick Street in the Soho area of London. He was taken to the Mayfair police station and charged with 'outraging public decency' and 'committing an indecent act'. Jones' friends rushed to his support, and when the case was heard in the Marlborough Street Magistrates' Court the next day The Crown withdrew the more serious charge, with Jones pleading not guilty to the lesser charge of committing an indecent act. The authorities ultimately did not present any evidence to support either charge, and the second charge was also later dropped, with Jones' lawyers winning 70 in costs. Jones read a prepared statement when he first appeared back on his radio show on 16 January 1989, saying "I am and always was innocent of the charges levelled against me".[4][72] Jones has avoided talking about the incident ever since, although it is frequently raised by his opponents or those looking to highlight alleged hypocrisy in his comments.[10][24][73]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alan_Jones_(radio_broadcaster)

I don’t think Bolt even believes half the shit he writes, he just poses as the mouthpiece that he is so he can collect his big fat cheques. He intentionally sows division for the love of money - he is actively evil. Not misguided. Not ill informed. Straight up evil.

Now as for the Alan Jones case, why am I not surprised? :ftw9nwa: It’s like these people WANT to give us reasons to discredit them, and they’re doing a damn good job of it at that!

Ras

It's all so tiresome
VIP
Cumar

Australia now beats Italy as the most unstable democracy in the western world. Six prime ministers in eight years. As for Dutton, he is worse than Trump, I would say, he’s the reincarnation of Mussolini. If he succeeds with the coup, he will be a disaster for his party and they will be decimated at the next election which is expected to be held late this year or the first quarter of next year. The liberal party is following the ideological footsteps of their American cousins, the republicans, where the religious zealots, the conspiracy theorists and the far-right racists have hijacked it. The days of the small (l) liberals who were socially liberals and economically conservatives are slowly disappearing. The Duttons are afraid that their base (Queensland and parts of NSW) will abandon them and vote for the fringe ultra-conservative parties like One Nation and Bob Katter party. What I think is, they will find a compromise candidate like Scot Morrison, the Treasurer to replace Turnbull. He’s a member of the Hillsong church. lol

Aren't Australians essentially english speaking Italians?

Any country that these people touch turns chaotic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending