Aussie revert who became ISIS propagandist left Islam after

Kratos

Sonder
17 years when he read Surah Al-Kahf in more detail while in jail.

'In prison, he began to study the Quran in greater detail, and focused on the aspects that most puzzled him. Among these was the figure called Dhu-l Qarnayn, “the two-horned one,” who appears in the Quran’s 18th chapter and is believed by many to refer to Alexander the Great. Cerantonio did not see a resemblance between Dhu-l Qarnayn and the Alexander of history—but he noted similarities between Dhu-l Qarnayn and a heavily fabulized version of Alexander’s story written in Aramaic. He considered that the Aramaic version may have plagiarized the Quran, but after acquiring a copy of the Aramaic and translating it for himself, he determined that the reverse was more likely. (“I always knew that being proficient in Aramaic would one day prove useful.”)

Realizing that Dhu-l Qarnayn was not at all a real person but was rather based on a fictional account of Alexander the Great instantly left me with only one possible conclusion: The Quran was not divinely inspired,” he wrote. It had taken Alexander the Great fan fiction as fact. “Of course I would have preferred to have discovered all that 17 years ago and avoided much trouble.” :dead:

Xoxoxo

VIP
LMAOOO IM WHEEZING THIS PART

“Of course I would have preferred to have discovered all that 17 years ago and avoided much trouble.” :dead:

Who told that nigga to become a terrorist :deadmanny:

Removed

Gif-King
VIP
how would a similiar aramaic story disprove the Quran?
Yeah I thought he would explain more on that. I think he means that if the aramaic fable is referring itself as an exaggerated epic of Alexander and the Quran is using this same story which is openly an exaggeration of something else as literal history it then must be false. Hes making a link from Alexander-Aramaic fable-Quran.

The question is A.) Is it not possible that we ahistorically assumed this fable was based on Alexander if it did not self explain and B.) How similiar is this story to that of Dhul Qarnayn?

since its ramadan i will refrain from hurling abuse at this man's iq, however if he needed to learn aramaic to find out about that story, what then about our prophet saw who only knew arabic and couldn't read nor write, where would he get this story from? make it make sense man...

Basra

LOVE is a product of Doqoniimo mixed with lust
Let Them Eat Cake
VIP
17 years when he read Surah Al-Kahf in more detail while in jail.

'In prison, he began to study the Quran in greater detail, and focused on the aspects that most puzzled him. Among these was the figure called Dhu-l Qarnayn, “the two-horned one,” who appears in the Quran’s 18th chapter and is believed by many to refer to Alexander the Great. Cerantonio did not see a resemblance between Dhu-l Qarnayn and the Alexander of history—but he noted similarities between Dhu-l Qarnayn and a heavily fabulized version of Alexander’s story written in Aramaic. He considered that the Aramaic version may have plagiarized the Quran, but after acquiring a copy of the Aramaic and translating it for himself, he determined that the reverse was more likely. (“I always knew that being proficient in Aramaic would one day prove useful.”)

Realizing that Dhu-l Qarnayn was not at all a real person but was rather based on a fictional account of Alexander the Great instantly left me with only one possible conclusion: The Quran was not divinely inspired,” he wrote. It had taken Alexander the Great fan fiction as fact. “Of course I would have preferred to have discovered all that 17 years ago and avoided much trouble.” :dead:

He wasn't an ex "Muslim Revert" he is a closeted homosexual. Alexander was reputed to be bisexual, so maybe he is seeing himself in this gay historical character and he is repulsed.

Dhu-l Qarnayn is not Alexander, his battles have been documented, so if he erected a wall around gog and Magog it would be known, anyway he was later discredited by later Islamic scholars after they found out about his homosexual activities, the figure Dhu-l Qarnayn is an ancient figure he could be Cyrus who was a just ruler and is known in the bible but his numerous battles are not documented

tyrannicalmanager

pseudo-intellectual
Yeah I thought he would explain more on that. I think he means that if the aramaic fable is referring itself as an exaggerated epic of Alexander and the Quran is using this same story which is openly an exaggeration of something else as literal history it then must be false. Hes making a link from Alexander-Aramaic fable-Quran.

The question is A.) Is it not possible that we ahistorically assumed this fable was based on Alexander if it did not self explain and B.) How similiar is this story to that of Dhul Qarnayn?
This guy found a "grond breaking" discovery but doesn't name nor cite Aramaic story.
since its ramadan i will refrain from hurling abuse at this man's iq, however if he needed to learn aramaic to find out about that story, what then about our prophet saw who only knew arabic and couldn't read nor write, where would he get this story from? make it make sense man...
It says more about Inteligence of the average Isis members more than anything about the quran.

That’s why you gotta be wary of reverts. Most goes in hard and a lot of them end up going back to their lives

LOL. He fucked up, but I can also understand that he was probably in a very vulnerable situation where he was looking for a meaning of life in the wrong places.

Of course Islam is manmade like all the other Abrahamic religions... it didn't take me joining ISIS to learn that. A lot of these reverts are infatuated with the special attention and privilge they get from the muslim community.

There are many things mentioned in Islam that is from Arab pagan culture, Zoroastrianism, Christianity, and Judaism. The concept of "Jinns" is from Arab paganism. A good chunk of the prophets are from Judaism (which probably plagiarized an older religion) which was then plagiarized by Christianity.

Religions are manmade. Religions claiming to have been revealed from god are mostly man made as well... Arabs created Islam to have something authentic to their region. God is real, religions are social constructs.

Qeelbax

East Africa UNUKA LEH
VIP
LOL. He fucked up, but I can also understand that he was probably in a very vulnerable situation where he was looking for a meaning of life in the wrong places.

Of course Islam is manmade like all the other Abrahamic religions... it didn't take me joining ISIS to learn that. A lot of these reverts are infatuated with the special attention and privilge they get from the muslim community.

There are many things mentioned in Islam that is from Arab pagan culture, Zoroastrianism, Christianity, and Judaism. The concept of "Jinns" is from Arab paganism. A good chunk of the prophets are from Judaism (which probably plagiarized an older religion) which was then plagiarized by Christianity.

Religions are manmade. Religions claiming to have been revealed from god are mostly man made as well... Arabs created Islam to have something authentic to their region. God is real, religions are social constructs.
Big Brother Goodbye GIF by Global TV

Islam has a built in mechanism that allows it to retcon any of these shared narratives by claiming those people (historical source of the narrative) original received the same story of tawheed but it was ultimately corrupted to become Zoroastrianism, rabbinic Judaism, Christianity, etc..

Dhul Qurnayn was never Alexander the fagg*t nacalaa

Who tf says that fagg*t was Dhul Qurnayn?? Dont whitewash this religion

Qeelbax

East Africa UNUKA LEH
VIP
Y’all think that alex is dul qurnayn? Y’all now this man was given divine abilites and power from god.
White worshipers will be astonished with thr likes of Alexander the abaha la jahanaamey

:mahubowtf:

Kratos

Sonder
There is no mistake about it being Alexander (or rather the mythical version of him). You should read the Alexander Romance, the narrative structure is almost identical. Although it's a mistake to say that the Quran plagiarised the Aramaic/Syriac version. The two texts are contemporary with one another and rather than one plagiarising the other, they both seem to draw on an earlier source material. The Alexander Romance is older though. The current extant version of the text is from 630 AD which is around the same time as the revelation of the Quran but the Syriac version was based on earlier material that was composed almost a century earlier. The 7th Century version was a new recension that incorporated the apocalyptic themes of the time resulting from the Roman-Sassanian war.

Just as an example, both the Syriac Alexander Romance and the Quran have a passage about their protagonist erecting a wall of iron and copper to keep out Gog and Magog. The Syriac text attributes this to Alexander and the Quran attributes this to Dhul-Qarnayn (two-horned one AKA Alexander). This narrative can be traced back to the 1st Century AD through the writings of Josephus (a Jewish Roman historian). He identified the wall as the Caspian Gates who he claimed was built by Alexander to keep out Gog and Magog (whom he identified as the Scythians). This was simply pro-Roman propaganda but you find this exact narrative in the Quran except the Quran refers to him by his common iconography instead.

That's just one example but there are many others, everything from how he supposedly traveled to the East and West and he found the sun setting in a muddy spring and a group of people not protected from the shade of the sun and so on. These can not only be traced back to earlier sources but they are almost identical to the Syriac legends. The dissemination of Alexander's fictional journeys proliferated during the reign of the Roman Emperor Heraclius who used it as war-time propaganda.

Kratos

Sonder
This is only the tip of the iceberg, there is so much more to say about this. It's not just Dhul-Qarnayn; in the same Surah there's a passage about Moses travelling with his servant to the junction of the two seas, this is also almost word for word a legend about Alexander but the Quran replaced him with Musa.

SO BASICAKLLY: The Quran is almost certainly incorporating the fables of Alexander into its theology because it passes the duck test. If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck and quacks like a duck... Not to mention that this was extremely common during that time period. The fables of Alexander were extremely popular and widespread in the Near East during the Late Antique and various groups frequently adapted these fables to suit their theology. The Alexander legends developed very early on and historians can trace how these stories adapted and changed over time.

Periplus

It is what it is
VIP
Muhammad PBUH was illiterate and not at all erudite so I highly doubt he plagiarised any academic account, let alone one in a foreign language.

I don’t particularly mind people criticising Islam but this one is probably the least logical.

Periplus

It is what it is
VIP
But tbh I’m not surprised at the complete 360s.

Most Muslims that leave the deen were generally very zealous or held extreme beliefs.

Most people that end up becoming extremists were borderline atheists.

This guy did both.