At 2.7m, Somalis are 6th largest tribe in Kenya, highest household size

2020222637179476651339786.jpg

NAIROBI (HOL) - Somalis are the sixth largest ethnic tribe in Kenya with a population of 2.7 million, the newly released second part of the 2019 population and housing report indicates.

According to the report which covers the distribution in terms of ethnic composition, economic, administrative and social indicators, the number of Somalis in Kenya increased by 40,000 from 2009 when the previous census was conducted.

Out of the three counties predominantly occupied by Somalis, Mandera has the highest population of 867,457 followed by Garissa at 841,353 while Wajir comes last with 781,263.

The report also indicates that Somalis have the highest fertility rates with Mandera topping the list with the highest household population of 6.9. Wajir has an average household size of 6.1 while Garissa has the least average household size of 5.9.

The Kikuyu community has the highest population of 8.15 million followed by the Luhya (6.82m), then Kalenjin (6.36m), Luo (5.07m) and Kamba (4.66m).

Politicians from the north eastern region have in the recent past rejected the numbers noting the population of Somalis had risen significantly in the last ten years yet the 2019 census only put that number at 400,000.

The population distribution will be used to among others determine the allocation of resources under the national budget. Of concern among politicians is the possibility of a merger for constituencies whose population falls below the threshold.

According to new regulations, the population of a constituency should be a minimum of 170,000.

https://www.hiiraan.com/news4/2020/...urce=hiiraan&utm_medium=SomaliNewsUpdateFront

AhmedSmelly

I am an offical nacas. too honest
I have seen the budget for Somalia regions in Ethiopia and its very low. Really low. It doesn't even make sense, Tigray gets 10 times as much in funds, compared to Somalis. Although the Somali population is a lot more than the Tigray.

Addislad

Farmaajo for president 2021
I have seen the budget for Somalia regions in Ethiopia and its very low. Really low. It doesn't even make sense, Tigray gets 10 times as much in funds, compared to Somalis. Although the Somali population is a lot more than the Tigray.
Duh because tplf have been running Ethiopia until recently

Somalia needs a population of 150 million. Also mandatory intermixing between clans so we become homogenous.

Then we can create a martial society like the prussians and instil nationalist identity to develop the fatherland.

AhmedSmelly

I am an offical nacas. too honest
Somalia needs a population of 150 million. Also mandatory intermixing between clans so we become homogenous.

Then we can create a martial society like the prussians and instil nationalist identity to develop the fatherland.
You are forgetting something, for Somalia to be able to sustain such a high population we need dire infrastructure. Banking system, Military, Agriculture,Sewage for urban areas. Its not possible if we can't build our country.

Al-Burcaawi

Milf hunter
VIP
somalis need to f*ck like crazy, we need a social stigma for niggas with less kids

like "u aint a man if u dont have 4 wives and 30 kids"

Karim

I could agree with you but then we’d both be wrong
HALYEEY
VIP
Biased and FAKE report. They're not just downplaying the Somali population, they cut it in half. Un-fucking-believable.

According to their Kenyan National Bureau of statistics (KNBS), In 2009 Kenya had a total population of 38,610,097 inhabitants, 3.6 Million of them (8%) were Somalis.

KNBS is the official office for national statistics of that guerilla country, either they were wrong in 2009 or they're faking the Somali Population in 2020.

What do you expect from a frightened Madow.
IMG_20200223_092302.jpg

Trending